KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » who around here still actually read comics?

who around here still actually read comics?
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

who around here still actually read comics?

i know this will be moved (sorry to be a pain in the a$$ pr) but no one really reads the comic book forum it seems. which is too bad since there is some good sh!t over there.... sad

anyway, just legit curious--how many here still ACTIVELY read current books? i mean newly published WHOLE books, not just the posted bits and pieces in the forum or ownage threads. aside from galan and myself, who's still reading??

i ask, because so many opinions on matches are outdated or simply...uneducated. so who reads what and how much?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:07 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I still do. Most of what I buy though are old stuff that I couldn't buy back in the day. Don't buy anything from the Big 2 anymore. Gave up on DC when Nu52 started. Was following the Marvel Star Wars tittles but just dropped those.

Still following the Rick & Morty and Invader Zim titles.

Those are still very good.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:09 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

I still buy and read a few marvel and DC, wanna try some Indie stuff but not sure where to start.

The Marvel/DC stuff I buy is mainly down to force of habit

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:10 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Just TWD here.

Scot supplies us with a shitload of scans, so opinions aren't nearly as bad as on other boards. You really should learn to relax, Chapel.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:10 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

This is what I said to a similar question in the Off Topic thread.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I read everything that comes out from Marvel and DC each week but only pay actual proper attention to a select few. And I've started reading TWD as well.

I don't know why I bother really since Marvel are complete and utter shit. DC are sort of upping their game a bit. I just hold out hope for the Sentry.

I almost think Brevoort wants to deliberately drive Marvel into the ground.

Read all the past stuff as well when I can.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:21 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah. It's not our fault. Not our fault at all.

Quality is very important - and most of us stopped following new released around... Original Sin event? Some before that (like me), some shortly after.

There was a time when we were proud of keeping up with Marvel/DC, not anymore. I'm hearing Rebirth is supposedly good, though?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah. It's not our fault. Not our fault at all.

Quality is very important - and most of us stopped following new released around... Original Sin event? Some before that (like me), some shortly after.

There was a time when we were proud of keeping up with Marvel/DC, not anymore. I'm hearing Rebirth is supposedly good, though?

Original Sin was really bad. It looked all mysterious and cool but then turned out to be boring.

I've enjoyed Rebirth so far. But it's one of them things where DC have started a new event and shook up a lot of things so they're on a high now but that doesn't necessarily mean that will continue.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:26 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Original Sin was really bad. It looked all mysterious and cool but then turned out to be boring.

I've enjoyed Rebirth so far. But it's one of them things where DC have started a new event and shook up a lot of things so they're on a high now but that doesn't necessarily mean that will continue.

How have the fans reacted to the "3 Jokers" bit in the rebirth?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:29 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I read some.

Mainly I just catch up on a few series every 3 months or so and read older stuff.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:29 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The first event that disappointed me big time was Fear Itself.

Good moments? Only a few and if we look for them like hardcore comic geeks, paying attention to every detail and every tie-in. Story? Retarded.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:30 PM
Insane Titan

The first event that disappointed me big time was Fear Itself.

Good moments? Only a few and if we look for them like hardcore comic geeks, paying attention to every detail and every tie-in. Story? Retarded.
the last big event and tie ins I enjoyed from start to finish was Annihilation.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:33 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Flyattractor
How have the fans reacted to the "3 Jokers" bit in the rebirth?

Not sure, haven't looked at any reviews or opinions of the comic.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:38 PM
Cogito

Back when the Nu52 started I was reading every issue of every DC comic weekly. I did that for maybe a year or so to see what was worth following, but then they just kept moving writers around and everything went to shit. I was also reading a handful of Marvel at the time, but quality there was pretty shit too.

Since then life has gotten in the way, etc., so now I mostly just pop in now and then to contribute something stupid and then disappear. I might be inclined to see how Rebirth goes though...

Honestly one of the biggest detractors for me is the constant forced character changes. I get that the big 2 want to adapt the comics to be closer to the movies, and I get that they want more gender/racial diversity of heroes, but f*** that. I just want the same heroes I grew up with. I don't need a female Thor, 5th (Muslim) and 6th (Female) human Green Lanterns, etc. Maybe it works for the next generation of readers, but boring old people like me just want things to stay the same.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:52 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Cogito
Maybe it works for the next generation of readers

To be brutally honest, I really doubt it does.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:54 PM
wuleecat

The last time I actively bought comics because I was genuinely excited about them coming out was in the original run of the Ultimates, the Millar/Hitch era. That was a special time, something genuinely brilliant was happening and it was a pleasure to read them.

Then came the comics -turd that was Ultimates 3, and I gave up.

I stopped buying after that. Now I just get the occasional TPB that looks interesting when I browse in the comic book shop. Locke and Key for instance, that was pretty good. I liked Jupiter's Legacy too. I just don't have the patience to buy title month to month any more when the quality of the stories and/or the art work is so piss poor.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:56 PM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, Ultimates - and Ult. X-Men - were both awesome on the beginning. Millar was doing a great job.

PS. You realize how creepy your avatar is, right?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 07:58 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Cogito
Back when the Nu52 started I was reading every issue of every DC comic weekly. I did that for maybe a year or so to see what was worth following, but then they just kept moving writers around and everything went to shit. I was also reading a handful of Marvel at the time, but quality there was pretty shit too.

Since then life has gotten in the way, etc., so now I mostly just pop in now and then to contribute something stupid and then disappear. I might be inclined to see how Rebirth goes though...

Honestly one of the biggest detractors for me is the constant forced character changes. I get that the big 2 want to adapt the comics to be closer to the movies, and I get that they want more gender/racial diversity of heroes, but f*** that. I just want the same heroes I grew up with. I don't need a female Thor, 5th (Muslim) and 6th (Female) human Green Lanterns, etc. Maybe it works for the next generation of readers, but boring old people like me just want things to stay the same.

Yeah that's the thing I hate the most - this forced diversity thing that is becoming so common. Blue Marvel is a good character but he wasn't made just because he is black or we "need" more diversity in comics. He was made with a genuine backstory.

But Marvel are just heading in the wrong direction. Like that bullshit in that Angela Queen of Hel comic where Bor for some reason brings up SJW tier stupid shit.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 08:06 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hi, Scot (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 08:07 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Hi, Scot (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 08:11 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Wuleecat you should have this as a signature.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 08:13 PM