KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Puck vs. Iron Fist

Puck vs. Iron Fist
Started by: -K-M-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

Puck vs. Iron Fist

Well looks like the duo is going to clash in the upcoming Power Man & Iron Fist #9.

Who do you think will win in the comic? and who really should win in a fight?

1. http://www.newsarama.com/images/i/0...t_9_3_and_4.jpg
2. http://www.newsarama.com/images/i/0...t_9_5_and_6.jpg

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 11:10 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

puck ball punches him ftw. thumb up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 11:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Danny hands him his own ass while Luke beats carol like rhodey should have.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 11:39 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

in comics ironfist ftw
in forum ironfist ftw

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 12:14 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 03:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dunno, Power Man and Iron Fist Danny isn't really as badass as other versions, being the comedy buddy sidekick in this obvious Lethal Weapon spoof series.

John Ostrander or Christopher Priest would have had Danny solo this entire team. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 04:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I dunno, Power Man and Iron Fist Danny isn't really as badass as other versions, being the comedy buddy sidekick in this obvious Lethal Weapon spoof series.

John Ostrander or Christopher Priest would have had Danny solo this entire team. wink
he beat black tarantula with three kicks........

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 05:05 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Galan007

He's just upset they didn't let him join

Last edited by -K-M- on Oct 7th, 2016 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 06:04 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by deathslash
he beat black tarantula with three kicks........

Yeah, but who knows if it was the same BT. Danny Rand actually met him before, and they didn't awknowledge that prior meeting. And as tough as Danny is, Carlos is pretty durable... Spidey couldn't even slow him down, and being engulfed in flames and getting riddled with bullets through the chest was a minor inconvience to him. At the least, it should have taken an Iron Fist to put him out.

And outside of that fight, Danny's kind of gotten thrown around a lot, and let Cage take center stage against the likes of Tombstone..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 06:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Well the issue came out today...

So they battle evenly for some time and then puck tanks a super charged iron fist and was relatively fine. That was the end of their fight.

Overall Puck did incredibly well since it is an iron fist book

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 10:08 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who says it's super charged? smile

The way he's rubbing his head, he definately felt it. But it's impressive he wasn't laid out. (Disagree on this being an Iron Fist book, though. The original Power Man and Iron Fist main writer had Danny job pretty hard, with guest/secondary writers making up the difference. And I get the feeling this writer is more of a Cage fan, judging by Danny being comedy relief so far...)

How powerful is Puck supposed to be? Cage level, or higher?

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 12th, 2016 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 10:31 PM
-K-M-

Because it sent Puck through multiple prison walls

He felt it but he hardly was out as he was up and running around like nothing happened a few seconds later

Puck rubs his head a lot even though he wasnt seriously injuired

He's supposed to be lower in strength than Cage, but durability is close-ish.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 10:41 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

one thing is for sure--according to that book puck>>>black tarantula. lends a lot of credibility to all of this. thumb up

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 11:00 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Danny didn't touch Puck with that punch. It was a decent fight though.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 11:11 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

The punch went through the bars and hit Puck's chest. Or that's what it looks like in the art. I can't see the bars providing much defense regardless. In fact it's basically incinerated in the next panel.

I just wish the fight was longer.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 11:22 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by leonidas
one thing is for sure--according to that book puck>>>black tarantula. lends a lot of credibility to all of this. thumb up

Well, considering even Rhino, Firelord, Masterson, or Fixit can't tank Spidey's blitz like Carlos could.. Or, dare I say it, Scorpion (Remember when Cage fought him? eek! )

Seriously though, the only other quasi street/meta character I could think of with that level of damage soak is Gorgon. Bullets, explosions, and Spider-fist's didn't even slow him down.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 12:20 AM
-K-M-

Sadly after his initial appearance his stock steadily declined. Great character wish they used him more

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 12:22 AM
Supermutant

Originally posted by cdtm
Well, considering even Rhino, Firelord, Masterson, or Fixit can't tank Spidey's blitz like Carlos could.. Or, dare I say it, Scorpion (Remember when Cage fought him? eek! )

Seriously though, the only other quasi street/meta character I could think of with that level of damage soak is Gorgon. Bullets, explosions, and Spider-fist's didn't even slow him down.

Yeah but then Bullseye beat him in prison. confused

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 12:26 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I guess Puck doesn't get owned, afterall. wink

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 12:28 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -K-M-
Sadly after his initial appearance his stock steadily declined. Great character wish they used him more

As far as I know, he only had about four appearences total before now. There was one where he was simply a mastermind/onlooker against Spidey, and of course the Brubaker Daredevil run, where he has some of his best feats (And also got taken down with a sword through the back, but that was kind of planned..)

Far as I'm concerned, nothing really shows this writer has any interest in kung fu fighting, because the choreography and technique just isn't there. Danny's just a guy with a magic fist, basically.

Hell, I doubt he even knows much about BT outside of making a cameo in Bru's run..

I still love this series so far, but I'd take it all with a grain of salt.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 12:28 AM