KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » superboy prime vs mephisto

superboy prime vs mephisto
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

superboy prime vs mephisto

standard prime or GA prime, whichever works best iyo. in hell. how this goez....?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:04 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

If Mordru couldn't faze SBP, I can't see Mephisto doing anything more than annoying him.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:14 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

you think he can put mephisto down?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:31 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
you think he can put mephisto down?

Put down as in kill? No. Franklin Richards couldn't do it (Mephisto just came back albeit slowly). But I don't think Mephisto could do anything to SBP either.

Mephisto's only hope is the 'trick him into giving me his soul' thing he does. If he pulls that off, he wins.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 01:12 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by zopzop
Put down as in kill? No. Franklin Richards couldn't do it (Mephisto just came back albeit slowly). But I don't think Mephisto could do anything to SBP either.

Mephisto's only hope is the 'trick him into giving me his soul' thing he does. If he pulls that off, he wins.
Yeah, unless Mephisto goes for some sort of uncharacteristic physical slugfest or blasting fight I don't see SBP being able to do a lot. The soul thing probably is Meph's only hope, but SBP is more likely to get mad and go into some sort of rampage tantrum before going along with that.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 02:50 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'd take SBP, but I tend to be a lot higher on him than the forum (though apparently about the same as the posters above me). His ridiculously high vs. low showing ratio is about as good as exists in comics, and he had just enough (deliberate) pre-crisis irrationality added to his character's power set to conceivably take on a variety of foe types.

I'll join the ranks that say he wouldn't put down Meph permanently, but I do think he wins.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 02:57 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He steals Mephistos soul thumb up

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 03:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If the only way to win is to trick him into selling his soul Mephisto might have a shot. Depending on how clever Mephisto is. Prime seems kinda dumb. I'm sure he's probably book smart, but due to having the emotional stability of a teenager he seems far too easy to manipulate.

So he just might get phisted here after all.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 03:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Digi
I'd take SBP, but I tend to be a lot higher on him than the forum (though apparently about the same as the posters above me). His ridiculously high vs. low showing ratio is about as good as exists in comics, and he had just enough (deliberate) pre-crisis irrationality added to his character's power set to conceivably take on a variety of foe types.

I'll join the ranks that say he wouldn't put down Meph permanently, but I do think he wins.

i can't look at your sig and take anything you say seriously. no expression

and on the note of seriosity--did you look through that canon vs non-canon thread? i only mention it because you got some props for bad a$$ery in there. lol and i know how you love to read people talking good about you. thumb up

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 03:29 PM
h1a8

I know Mephisto can't take someone's soul without a deal. What is the higher power that allows Mephisto to be all powerful through deals (like a genie almost)? Who directly allows these deals to be powered?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 04:57 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The same genie who decrees a random change in your genetic code means that you can control magnets, warp reality,control the weather, or have a beak.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 05:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

i can't look at your sig and take anything you say seriously. no expression

and on the note of seriosity--did you look through that canon vs non-canon thread? i only mention it because you got some props for bad a$$ery in there. lol and i know how you love to read people talking good about you. thumb up

Fine. I'll change my signature. Probably just to different silly dogs. But still.

no expression

And thanks, I'll have to check it out. I always enjoy soaking up the adoration of internet strangers.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 05:35 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i don't think anyone gave them 'permission' to deal with souls. there isn't a 'higher power' involved that i know of. preboot mephisto had his (and all demons') origins tied up with the infinity being of gauntlet fame. from there i think i recall him saying something along the lines of all the most powerful demons that split things up and decided to share souls among all the hell lords (splinter realm masters). the whole 'deal thing' is based strictly on myth and legend i think.

anyway, pretty sure mephisto is immune to any physical harm sbp might do to him, and he is capable of battling on the more abstract levels of reality--his battle with warlock (which he lost to the soul gem) was a strange battle of...spirits almost. what defense does prime have against getting pummeled on the astral plane maybe?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 05:51 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Digi
Fine. I'll change my signature. Probably just to different silly dogs. But still.

no expression

And thanks, I'll have to check it out. I always enjoy soaking up the adoration of internet strangers.

laughing out loud

that sig makes my day every time i look at it though, so, i'm conflicted.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 05:52 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

i don't think anyone gave them 'permission' to deal with souls. there isn't a 'higher power' involved that i know of. preboot mephisto had his (and all demons') origins tied up with the infinity being of gauntlet fame. from there i think i recall him saying something along the lines of all the most powerful demons that split things up and decided to share souls among all the hell lords (splinter realm masters). the whole 'deal thing' is based strictly on myth and legend i think.

anyway, pretty sure mephisto is immune to any physical harm sbp might do to him, and he is capable of battling on the more abstract levels of reality--his battle with warlock (which he lost to the soul gem) was a strange battle of...spirits almost. what defense does prime have against getting pummeled on the astral plane maybe?

Mephisto is immune to physical harm? Is that why Thor beats the shit out of him in his own realm?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 06:00 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Meph's track record is just so spotty against people objectively lower than (or at least similar to) SBP. I don't disagree with you, and it sounds dumb to suggest SBP could just emo-rage through more abstract attacks like this. But he's also one of the few where that might be a legitimate argument.

I don't have a specific rebuttal to your line of thinking here. I just wouldn't lay any chips down on a bet for Mephisto.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 06:20 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

mephisto IS hell.... and sure when he decides to take a physical form he can be smacked around, but if his form is beaten, it doesn't matter. his body has been destroyed before:

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...xNzMwOQ==/?ref=

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...0MzgwNg==/?ref=

he's been stabbed through the heart and cut and beaten to a mess but it doesn't matter because so long as hell is around he's around--at least by most depictions. we know--have seen on panel--that he uses m-bodies to take a form.
it doesn't matter if those are destroyed. he's a consummate shapeshifter anyway. if he goes intangible, or spiritform? what's prime do then?

sbp would literally need to destroy hell and i don't see that happening. if the battle goes astral, i don't think sbp would have an answer. given his teen angst, it might go very badly there for him given mephisto's ability to manipulate people. /shrug

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 06:30 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

mephisto IS hell.... and sure when he decides to take a physical form he can be smacked around, but if his form is beaten, it doesn't matter. his body has been destroyed before:

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...xNzMwOQ==/?ref=

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...0MzgwNg==/?ref=

he's been stabbed through the heart and cut and beaten to a mess but it doesn't matter because so long as hell is around he's around--at least by most depictions. we know--have seen on panel--that he uses m-bodies to take a form.
it doesn't matter if those are destroyed. he's a consummate shapeshifter anyway. if he goes intangible, or spiritform? what's prime do then?

sbp would literally need to destroy hell and i don't see that happening. if the battle goes astral, i don't think sbp would have an answer. given his teen angst, it might go very badly there for him given mephisto's ability to manipulate people. /shrug

Or he just beats the shit out of him like Thor has done before.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 06:32 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol thor has never beaten mephisto down for a win--not physically. meph loses most of the time to thor and ss because of some soul-related shenanigans. show me where thor has physically beaten meph for a win....

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 06:35 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

lol thor has never beaten mephisto down for a win--not physically. meph loses most of the time to thor and ss because of some soul-related shenanigans. show me where thor has physically beaten meph for a win....

I couldn't recall the exact circumstances of the Thor and SS fights, just that they won. But you may be onto something here if he really could no-sell SBP's physical attacks without soul shenanigans.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 06:50 PM