KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can repeat???

Who can repeat???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Who can repeat???

Can any of these peeps repeat this process??? All of them have swords in their hands.

Comic book characters...

Captain America
Wolverine
Shang
Deathstroke
Batman

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 26th, 2018 09:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Re: Who can repeat???

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9

Can any of these peeps repeat this process??? All of them have swords in their hands.

Comic book characters...

Captain America
Wolverine
Shang
Deathstroke
Batman

Sans Deathstroke no one imho.

Though the Bullets would evade Batman out of fear.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post May 26th, 2018 10:01 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol...

Old Post May 26th, 2018 10:39 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Even Deadpool himself wasn't able to properly replicate that feat in the latest movie.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 12:29 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Re: Who can repeat???

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:52 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Deadpool ft was a LOT more complicated than that.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 06:31 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Nah, I’d say they are the same (and definitely not a ‘LOT more complcizted’ than that). They both involve using swords to (i) stop bullets and (ii) deflect them back to the shooter.

They are the same.

The difference is because one is comparing two different media.

The only thing DP did that was not done by this character was slicing one bullet in two to kill two people at his sides.

But then again this character (who is he in the first place) also has done something gay DP did not do ...blocking a whole bunch of incoming rounds by simply twirling ONE sword with one hand, and sending them back to the shooters

Thus they are also both equal in terms of doing something that the other did not do, and to be honest whipping up one sword with one hand seems to be a bigger feat than slicing a bullet.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:24 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The first guy is Gorgon.

The second guy is Mr X.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:34 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Gorgon has done it more times in the same arc.

quote:
The difference is because one is comparing two different media.

Gotta agree. Except he was moving, not just standing there.

Anyway, XMO feat was so stupid, it got basically annihilated in the DP 2 film.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@Spetnaz...

The difference I am seeing is bullets coming from all angles in the Deadpool showing whereas with the scan you posted, it is coming from one shooter which makes it a lot easier. Gorgon showing is similar though. So I guess the people in my list cant do it?

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:06 PM
Supermutant

Only if you think cannon fodder >> Elektra, Black Widow, or Nick Fury. Heck even the Shield agents are above just generic shooters.

By the way if slicing bullets in half is what tickle your fancy, then Tomi has done that as well to 3 bullets in rapid succession fired from good ole eye patch himself.

Another instance where he blocks/deflects bullets fired from Shield agents and Elektra. Even slices up Elektra's gun in the process. And Elektra is one of the fastest low metas in Marvel. I think Gorgon surpasses your feat just by who his opponents were.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:23 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

@Spetnaz...

The difference I am seeing is bullets coming from all angles in the Deadpool showing whereas with the scan you posted, it is coming from one shooter which makes it a lot easier. Gorgon showing is similar though. So I guess the people in my list cant do it?

Cool.

About the people on your list, I really don’t think any of them can replicate it.

The only possible exception is Deathstroke, who would at least come close. Who knows, maybe he can do it considering he has much faster reflexes coupled with spatial awareness than most humans have. But, I’ve never seen him do something like this, so he remains a question mark.

A person I’d love to see try is Shang Chi. Dude is unfortunately given the Black Panther treatment - this is where a really cool character is ignored by Marvel, and every decade or so gets some cool run and then is immediately forgotten. T’Challa went through that cycle for decades, although with the recent movie I think ‘the Black Panther treatment’ should be changed to ‘the Shang Chi treatment’ since T’Challa now has proper stardom.

Marvel by the way has very MANY cool characters that are typicallly ignored. I’m glad folk like Iron Fist, Punisher etc now have real airtime, but I digress.

So - on your list, I think Deathstroke may potentially surprise us, and it would be nice to see Shang try (although he’d probably get one or three bullets before some started to go through ...he’d probably be more like Deadpool in the current movie, where he puts a good show before it’s shown some bullets went through, rather than that clip you showed where he blocks 100%).

The rest couldn’t be able to do it.

- Captain America’s real track record is blocking and/or evading bullets.
- Wolverine normally just soaks them and moves towards the shooter to slash/impale him.
- Batman’s forte is simply not being where the shooter expected him to be, and evading bullets as he moves quickly towards the shooter. Although he does have one cool scene where some sniper shot at him from a far distance - and from behind - and Batman dodged the bullet by ‘sensing the slight overpressure of air caused by the oncoming bullet.’ But still, he’s not blocking bullets with Katana.

Which leaves Deathstroke (possible, maybe even probable, even though it’s never been shown) and Shang Chi (cool dude who may have a trick or three up his sleeves).

By the way, another character who could possibly do this is Ian Nottingham from the Witchblade series, who also falls under ‘great characters often ignored.’

There are a couple more I can think of ...eg some Green Arrow villains have shown interesting abilities.

Additionally, I would not want to face a dual Katana wielding Shiva Woosan with a pistol ...

She may not block the bullets, but I don’t think I’d love the ending either way

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:45 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

None on the list can do it based on what we've seen. Not sure why Deathstroke is being given a pass. This would be an extremely high feat everyone would shit themselves over if any street/lowmeta did it.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 27th, 2018 at 05:03 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2018 04:50 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by StyleTime
None on the list can do it based on what we've seen. Not sure why Deathstroke is being given a pass. This would be an extremely high feat everyone would shit themselves over if any street/lowmeta did it.

Due to his extraordinary ability to use his Brain to near perfection. Perception, calculation etc. should do the trick.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 06:00 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Due to his extraordinary ability to use his Brain to near perfection. Perception, calculation etc. should do the trick.

He lacks the raw speed - that feat was retarded and had nothing to do with Deadpool's typical (or even high-end) abilities.

FOX had no f*cking clue what to do with Wade in X-Men Origins.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 06:13 PM
StyleTime

That sounds great but has it really implied an ability for this? Increased brain capacity doesn't automatically translate to specific physical displays without the feats to support it.

Even metas with actual deflection feats would need a healthy amount of Writer-Force for this. Psylocke, X-23, Gambit, Typhoid Mary, or 616 Deadpool for example.
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He lacks the raw speed - that feat was retarded and had nothing to do with Deadpool's typical (or even high-end) abilities.

FOX had no f*cking clue what to do with Wade in X-Men Origins.

thumb up

Casting Ryan was about the only thing they had right.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 27th, 2018 at 07:17 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2018 07:07 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I honestly dont think anyone (besides a couple of people) is looking at the ft or understand what is going on.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 11:06 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by StyleTime
That sounds great but has it really implied an ability for this? Increased brain capacity doesn't automatically translate to specific physical displays without the feats to support it.

Even metas with actual deflection feats would need a healthy amount of Writer-Force for this. Psylocke, X-23, Gambit, Typhoid Mary, or 616 Deadpool for example.

thumb up

Casting Ryan was about the only thing they had right.

Tagging flash.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 05:12 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Tagging flash.

Talking gorillas have done it, too.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 05:16 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Talking gorillas have done it, too.

Mind reading gorillas you mean?

Old Post May 28th, 2018 05:23 PM