KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mr. Mxyzptlk vs. Ultra-Monitor

Mr. Mxyzptlk vs. Ultra-Monitor
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Mr. Mxyzptlk vs. Ultra-Monitor

You know the vibes. The Wielder of the Dimensional Superstructure take on the Emperor of Imagination. Who wins?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 04:12 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

Mxy.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 04:21 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

If we go by powerset, Then I will say Ultra-Monitor if he was in sixth dimension
If by feats, Should be Mxy, But this should be a good fight, Ultra-Monitor actually beating Perpetua when she was power enough to control hypertime(Though still weakened during this fight)

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Oct 22nd, 2019 at 04:24 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 04:22 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Keep in mind, when the Brothers are fusing, AM notes that he is experiencing power unlike anything he’s felt before, which could imply superiority to Dawn of Time AM from his POV. The World Forger alone created all of hypertime along with numerous multiverses, and Mxy implies that the Brothers/Perpetua have some sort of control over the 5th dimension (along with the entire dimensional superstructure) as beings of the 6th dimension. Mxy explicitly describes the 5th dimension as imagination/the blood of the multiverse, and that the 6th dimension governs all things imaginable and unimaginable within the Multiverse (including the 5th dimension).

I’m curious because the recent JL storyline genuinely seems to be trying to say that the Monitors and Perpetua are the most powerful beings within the DC Multiverse. Mxy himself certainly doesn’t seem to believe he’s more powerful than them (unless he’s lying, but I’m not sure if there’s proof he is), as he says the 6th dimension is “reserved for only the most powerful few beings.” Mxy elaborates on this by saying the only four beings who could exist in the 6th dimension prior to the Source Wall being destroyed are the Brothers Three and Perpetua.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 04:34 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

UltraMonitor wins

If we go with Snyder’s retcon

That said, he it put himself with a big plot hole. At the end of the last issue, Perpetua grants him the ALE and he reverts back to his original debut version (COIE)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 04:40 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

At their peaks we have three, fully multiversal beings merging into one being, which was further amped(to some unknown extent) by the power of Starman's fraction of the Totality -- at the very least Ultra-Monitor was packing low-Megaversal power. This powerup was enough to hold off [an albeit weakened] Perpetua for a while. Thing is, we have absolutely NO clue what Perpetua was capable of... She has literally zero feats in that diminished state.

Personally, I don't see a reason to put Ultra-Monitor above Mxy at this point... /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 04:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

What about the comparisons Mxy makes between himself and the Brothers/Perpetua in Issue 19?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 05:55 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What about the comparisons Mxy makes between himself and the Brothers/Perpetua in Issue 19?
There's still no direct comparisons, though. It's not like Mxy himself has explicitly said: "Perpetua and her children are more powerful than me" or whathaveyou. Aside from that, none of them have feats that even remotely begin to approach Mxy's at this point. Perpetua *might* be the one who ends up being more powerful than Mxy(I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt), but she still has a long way to go, imo. /shrug

...And I still think it's quite telling that Brainiac...who had full working knowledge of Perpetua's function/purpose/power(along with that of her children) at the time...STILL appeared to be scared shitless of Mxy's power:
https://i.imgur.com/ZJ9wQ4B.jpg
"I warned you, Luthor. His power is INCALCULABLE [...] A Fifth-Dimensional Imp has NO LIMITS. Powerful as we are, the Legion of Doom can't quantify..."

*And Mxy was significantly weakened at the time, to boot.

Heck, the very fact that a full-power World Forger specifically recruited Mxy(weakened as he was at the time) to CAUSE the initial Crisis-event that would act as the catalyst for him to replace the mainstream multiverse with the 'new' multiverse he had created, is also quite telling. Imo.

But like I said: as of now I still don't see any legitimate reason to place the Brothers(even amalgamated) above Mxy. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 22nd, 2019 at 06:17 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 06:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Galan007
At their peaks we have three, fully multiversal beings merging into one being, which was further amped(to some unknown extent) by the power of Starman's fraction of the Totality -- at the very least Ultra-Monitor was packing low-Megaversal power. This powerup was enough to hold off [an albeit weakened] Perpetua for a while. Thing is, we have absolutely NO clue what Perpetua was capable of... She has literally zero feats in that diminished state.

Personally, I don't see a reason to put Ultra-Monitor above Mxy at this point... /shrug

Feats? No they can’t really compare

Granted, if the still force managed to hold off Mxy, it’s likely that Perpetua is above Mxy. Not to mention, despite the fact that Mxy was weakened, he technically did lose to Luthor and the gank (off panel).

According to Snyder, the indication is Perpetua and the 3 brothers are above Mxy, especially if they are operating on highest Dimension

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 06:18 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Feats? No they can't really compare

Granted, if the still force managed to hold off Mxy, it's likely that Perpetua is above Mxy. Not to mention, despite the fact that Mxy was weakened, he technically did lose to Luthor and the gank (off panel).

According to Snyder, the indication is Perpetua and the 3 brothers are above Mxy, especially if they are operating on highest Dimension
Like you said: Mxy was weakened(and significantly so) during all of his appearances in that arc, so his 'lows' aren't really applicable here.

As mentioned, there are no direct comparisons between Mxy and them. Yes, Mxy said that the 6th dimension sits at the tip-top of creation, is akin to the multiverse's Control Room, and is only accessible to a few cosmic powerhouses... But a few pages later, Mxy also acted like creating a portal to the 6th dimension would be some tremendously difficult task that required most of his power -- yet he proceeded to casually whip the portal up in a single panel with a few *huffs* while weakened, then he went on to begin erasing creation(in a very literal and 'meta' sense), and then he started fighting Bat-Mite while simultaneously erasing creation. IOW, making the portal obviously wasn't *that* difficult, and didn't require *that* much of his remaining power.

Tbh, it seemed like Mxy was just playing his own angle the entire time, and everything he did was done with the sole intent of ultimately helping Superman discover new depths to his power:
Originally posted by Galan007
Am I reading into this too much, or did Mxy subtly prophesize Superman's rise when he was describing the different dimensions earlier in the arc?:
https://i.imgur.com/jE8UXHE.jpg
He describes them as: 1st dimension=a POINT, 2nd dimension=LINES, 3rd dimension=MATERIAL/DEPTH, 4th dimension=TIME, 5th dimension=IMAGINATION.

Cut to Mxy essentially saying that because he's not restrained by time, he knows how everything will play out and that he is really Superman's de facto guardian angel:
https://i.imgur.com/v68ARCS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uHbcYen.jpg

Cut to sundipped Superman's charge toward earth being felt across EVERY dimension:
https://i.imgur.com/59snX13.jpg

Cut to the soul searching and inner discovery that helped make this feat possible for Superman:
https://i.imgur.com/SQgvG3r.jpg
"He has always thought of himself as a man of constants. A fixed POINT, almost ONE-DIMENSIONAL. But the truth is, he's more than that. His parents taught him ethics, and thus sent him on a path, a LINE aimed at the world. Lois taught him DEPTH. To see things from all angles, to better do what's right. Over TIME, he learned from others: Dianna, Bruce... Through Jon... Through Jon he is able to IMAGINE. Imagine a better Superman, a better world. That's the truth of this place. He sees it now..."

Put it all together and you get this:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...Which makes sense, because Mxy isn't bound by time at all -- the past, present, and future are an open book to him. That said, he always knew what the outcome of this event would be, so it makes sense that everything he did was done intentionally. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 23rd, 2019 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 06:38 PM