KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » telekinesis versus speed

telekinesis versus speed
Started by: AlbertoJohnAvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

telekinesis versus speed

Which ability is superior/who'd win

say for example you're attempting to blitz at ftls speeds, would TK be useless or effective depending on the user

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 06:45 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Unless the TK user has fast reactions, I don't see how they can affect their opponent before they get affected.....

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 07:05 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Unless the TK user has fast reactions, I don't see how they can affect their opponent before they get affected.....

1. You have to start at a stopped point regardless. 2. Being faster than thought becomes a nlf when you realize you have to think about making the faster than thought move in the first place.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 07:11 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yes but the superspeed guy would have thought of the move FASTER than the TK guy.

They don't think at the same speeds.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 07:27 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: telekinesis versus speed

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Which ability is superior/who'd win

say for example you're attempting to blitz at ftls speeds, would TK be useless or effective depending on the user

It is purely mathematical - it is purely a factor of power of the speedster. Not the TK character, the speedster. It all depends if we are talking about a speedster like the Flash or a speedster like Soeed Demon.

If you have:

1. A high level TK character (eg beginning at Stryfe level and going up);
2. An average level speedster (eg basic iterations of Quicksilver and Speed Demon);
3. And sufficient distance - way a kilometer apart.

Then - the TK character will be able to stop the speedster.

HOWEVER:
Take the same high level TK character, and then introduce a HIGH level Speedster, and in the forums the speedster should win every single time.

Every time.

For example, Flash vs Stryfe would be not be a fight.

So, the answer to your question is ‘What speedster are we talking about?’

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 10:38 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by spetznaz
It is purely mathematical - it is purely a factor of power of the speedster. Not the TK character, the speedster. It all depends if we are talking about a speedster like the Flash or a speedster like Soeed Demon.

If you have:

1. A high level TK character (eg beginning at Stryfe level and going up);
2. An average level speedster (eg basic iterations of Quicksilver and Speed Demon);
3. And sufficient distance - way a kilometer apart.

Then - the TK character will be able to stop the speedster.

HOWEVER:
Take the same high level TK character, and then introduce a HIGH level Speedster, and in the forums the speedster should win every single time.

Every time.

For example, Flash vs Stryfe would be not be a fight.

So, the answer to your question is ‘What speedster are we talking about?’

thumb up
basically broil down to this

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 12:16 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: telekinesis versus speed

@spetnaz

With Omega Level Telekinetic power you pretty much a God at this point, Take Nate Grey for example.
His control over his telekinesis was so acute that he was able to create holograms by mentally manipulating water, molecules and dust to refract light, bend security lasers to avoid detection, and even move the atoms of a wall around his form so that he passed through the wall like a ghost, He was also able to use his telekinesis to bend the Earth's magnetic field and create electromagnetic pulses and also able bend light around himself effectively making him invisible. His telekinesis extended to molecular level where he could imbue himself with super human physical attributes by focusing his telekinesis inwards!! Just like super speed Telekinesis comes with a lot of hax.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 05:30 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm talking wally and barry

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 05:33 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

@spetnaz

With Omega Level Telekinetic power you pretty much a God at this point, Take Nate Grey for example.
His control over his telekinesis was so acute that he was able to create holograms by mentally manipulating water, molecules and dust to refract light, bend security lasers to avoid detection, and even move the atoms of a wall around his form so that he passed through the wall like a ghost, He was also able to use his telekinesis to bend the Earth's magnetic field and create electromagnetic pulses and also able bend light around himself effectively making him invisible. His telekinesis extended to molecular level where he could imbue himself with super human physical attributes by focusing his telekinesis inwards!! Just like super speed Telekinesis comes with a lot of hax.

None of this is relevant to your thread tho

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 05:36 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Re: Re: telekinesis versus speed

@spetnaz

I fully agree.

Nate Grey is a beast (as an aside, there is a reason in my previous post I stated high level TK characters starting at Stryfe level - it’s because I know just how powerful Stryfe is, and Stryfe being a version of Cable is perfect for this thread because Nate is an even more powerful version of Cable).

Yes, I read my comics.

However, in the same way I have read the X-Man (not X-Men, X-Man showing NG), I have also collected various Flash comics for years. I know what NG going all out can do. But I also know what Flash going all out would do.

In a forum fight, the Flash knocks out NG every single time.

Advice: You are a prolific poster AJA, and I enjoy many of your posts. I would just recommend that when you make a thread you also look at the other side. Maybe read some DC books, or at least do some research. I will assume you’ve read the X-Man/AoA comics with NG, and that the powers you listed wasn’t a Wiki search. In the same way, read on Flash (or do a search if you want). You’ll realize high level speedsters can be really hax - and I don’t mean just the Flash beating instant teleportation across the galaxy (which doesn’t count since he was drawing on all kinetic energy), but even when normal he has absorbed the KE of the Earth, he has evacuated an entire city in a fraction of a second while a nuclear bomb detonated, and against a teleporter he basically went so fast he became omnipresent in that space.

By knowing BOTH characters you’re already interesting threads will become even more interesting and valuable. It will also make them less skewed/biased.

Eg in your ‘can Batman beat Punisher’ thread you started by asking the question, but your next post was to show why Batman couldn’t beat Punisher, showing that you already had a predetermined outcome. You then gave a high-end example of the Punisher beating a high level opponent (Taskmaster), and contrasted that against Batman struggling against a low end opponent.

The dilutes your threads - it’s like me asking can Lois Lane defeat Thanos, and then giving an example of Lois evading some meta human killer by hiding and then the example of Thanos being handcuffed by the NYPD and taken away. No one would take that seriously since they KNOW Thanos is a beast.

Anyway - do your research for BOTH sides, and try not to be overly biased.

Back to the thread - an Uber level Speedster will always defeat an Uber level TK (who is not a deity or demon or such) within the starting distances KMC has for fights.

Every. Single. Time.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 05:47 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by Sin I AM

One more point - please consider the starting distance for KMC fights is 0.5 km.

Then ask yourself, would you want to face a forum Flash who is just half a kilometer away from you? Who can think and react at atto-second speed (the best example I found online is that light can circle the earth 7.5 times in one second, but would barely go from one end of a molecule to another in an arrow-second)? Who can evacuate an entire city of 500,000 people, moving them in twos and threes, in a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a second - while a nuke is exploding - and moves them far enough away from the doomed city.

And you’re standing half a kilometer away from him, expecting to use your mind to stop him?

Good luck!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 05:54 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Interesting. Has Flash ever koed someone before they could out their shields up?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 06:12 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

laughing He does that a lot. Copy and paste info from other sites and then try to make it appear as his own. And it still be irrelevant, poor little guy.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 11:08 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes but the superspeed guy would have thought of the move FASTER than the TK guy.

They don't think at the same speeds.
This.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 02:33 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Supermutant
laughing He does that a lot. Copy and paste info from other sites and then try to make it appear as his own. And it still be irrelevant, poor little guy.

Yes he's a odd one

Still doesn't every speedster operate at normal perception and then proceed to speed it up when needed? I don't recall anyone consistently "thinking" faster on the norm. So for the thread they should both have normal reaction at the start imo

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 12:53 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Yes he's a odd one

Still doesn't every speedster operate at normal perception and then proceed to speed it up when needed? I don't recall anyone consistently "thinking" faster on the norm. So for the thread they should both have normal reaction at the start imo

Not according to Jay Garrick

Pretty sure there are a few for Wally that confirm it also

Old Post Apr 5th, 2020 11:13 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote