KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Twilight Vampires (all) Vs Remo Williams (Comics / Novels)

Twilight Vampires (all) Vs Remo Williams (Comics / Novels)
Started by: Kaijulord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kaijulord
Restricted

Account Restricted

Twilight Vampires (all) Vs Remo Williams (Comics / Novels)

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Death or KO.

Start 10 feet apart.

Standard Gear.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2021 09:53 PM
Kaijulord is currently offline Click here to Send Kaijulord a Private Message Find more posts by Kaijulord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Sharivan wins.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2021 10:06 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaijulord
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sharivan wins.

Sharivan ?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2021 10:50 PM
Kaijulord is currently offline Click here to Send Kaijulord a Private Message Find more posts by Kaijulord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Indeed.

Anyway, Bella is way faster thanks to her speed feats.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2021 10:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaijulord
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed.

Anyway, Bella is way faster thanks to her speed feats.

By how much ?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2021 10:55 PM
DarkSaint85

Well she could cover 50 yards in 1/84th of a second, what is his best speed feat?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2022 04:36 PM
h1a8

Well she could cover 50 yards in 1/84th of a second, what is his best speed feat?

I would say that's inconclusive Tbh.
It's possible she could have been making up a random number to just mean "I'm really fast". This is supported by her having no way to know how much time has elapsed without a clock. There is no evidence to support that Vampires have a physical mental clock that can count in the 84ths of second. But it's possible either way (because of fiction).

Approximately 50 yards in the fraction of a second yes, but not necessarily 1/84 of a second is my take. But all depends on the the writer though.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 1st, 2022 05:32 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaijulord
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mmm something like 100 mph, iirc.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2022 05:49 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by h1a8
I would say that's inconclusive Tbh.
It's possible she could have been making up a random number to just mean "I'm really fast". This is supported by her having no way to know how much time has elapsed without a clock. There is no evidence to support that Vampires have a physical mental clock that can count in the 84ths of second. But it's possible either way (because of fiction).

Approximately 50 yards in the fraction of a second yes, but not necessarily 1/84 of a second is my take. But all depends on the the writer though.

Pretty irrelevant, as you're injecting doubt where there is none.

That's like me negating the entirety of the X-Men, because it is biologically impossible for DNA mutations to enable you to control the weather.

It's possible either way, though, because of fiction. Except obviously, the writer intent (as Bella does not exist) is that she was able to specify 1/84ths of a second. Just as it is writer's intent that Magneto can control magnetism because his chromosomes are different, and Proteus can warp reality etc.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2022 06:41 PM
h1a8

Pretty irrelevant, as you're injecting doubt where there is none.

That's like me negating the entirety of the X-Men, because it is biologically impossible for DNA mutations to enable you to control the weather.

It's possible either way, though, because of fiction. Except obviously, the writer intent (as Bella does not exist) is that she was able to specify 1/84ths of a second. Just as it is writer's intent that Magneto can control magnetism because his chromosomes are different, and Proteus can warp reality etc.

There is plenty of doubt.
Exibit A
We can see in some real timed scenes where she visually doesn't move that fast (not even 1/10 as fast). Yes, we see both distance and time of her motion.
So that quote CONTRADICTS what we actually see with our own eyes.

Exibit B
We see how fast Edward is in some scenes and she's not too much faster than him. She's only a slight step faster.

Exibit C
It is common to use random numbers to get a point across. When combined with A and B makes us have SERIOUS doubt.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2022 08:40 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

There is plenty of doubt.
Exibit A
We can see in some real timed scenes where she visually doesn't move that fast (not even 1/10 as fast). Yes, we see both distance and time of her motion.
So that quote CONTRADICTS what we actually see with our own eyes.

Exibit B
We see how fast Edward is in some scenes and she's not too much faster than him. She's only a slight step faster.

Exibit C
It is common to use random numbers to get a point across. When combined with A and B makes us have SERIOUS doubt.

I'm using the books, not the films. Thanks.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2022 08:41 PM
h1a8

I'm using the books, not the films. Thanks.

My fault. Didnt read the OP correctly. He says novels (not movies).
Then that certainly isn't allowed. This forum is for comic related books (some graphic novels). But certainly not books.

Hell some graphic novel material isn't even allowed let alone non graphic material.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 01:42 AM
DarkSaint85

Yet you were content to use film sequences as proof, which is also not allowed.

Curious.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 01:55 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Kaijulord

Taking it at face value, 50×80=4,200. 4,200 yards is 2.3864 miles. That ×60 then that ×60=8,591.04 miles. So, that's a little over mach 11.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 08:48 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

My fault. Didnt read the OP correctly. He says novels (not movies).
Then that certainly isn't allowed. This forum is for comic related books (some graphic novels). But certainly not books.

Hell some graphic novel material isn't even allowed let alone non graphic material.

Graphic novels are really just large comics, sometimes used as a term to try to apply more sophistication.....

And I agree with DS. Why did you have no problem with using the movies but not the novels?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 08:51 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaijulord
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's way faster than Remo.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 10:43 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Delta1938
Taking it at face value, 50×80=4,200. 4,200 yards is 2.3864 miles. That ×60 then that ×60=8,591.04 miles. So, that's a little over mach 11.

That's way faster than Remo.

For the record I typoed, it's 84, not 80, times 50. Math is still the same, I just mistyped in the post.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 12:35 PM
Gecko4lif

Remo is mftl

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 12:57 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Remo is mftl

Someone is incorrect here.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 01:20 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Delta1938
Graphic novels are really just large comics, sometimes used as a term to try to apply more sophistication.....

And I agree with DS. Why did you have no problem with using the movies but not the novels?
You ignored what I said. I stated SOME graphic novels can be used (some can't).

As far as second statement

Yet you were content to use film sequences as proof, which is also not allowed.

Curious.

Because I'm active in movie vs forums so I'm used to debating them. It's a matter of habit.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 04:18 PM