KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Is Thor a mid tier in 2022?

Is Thor a mid tier in 2022?
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Is Thor a mid tier in 2022?

When you consider his sheer amount of low showings/inconsistencies where do you rank current Thor? Would any herald be hurt by a rock or beaten up by their own weapon or have their skull cracked by another in the same tier?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 13th, 2022 07:55 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You forget that he can also be choked out

Old Post Jan 13th, 2022 08:02 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You forget that he can also be choked out

I'm afraid to ask. But going to anyways......choked out?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2022 08:14 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I think you meant to say Thor owns any DC heroes

Old Post Jan 13th, 2022 08:15 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Delta1938
I'm afraid to ask. But going to anyways......choked out?

Allfather Thor went up against Immortal Hulk. Who proceeded to choke him.

Luckily, Black Panther was there to save him.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2022 08:16 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Allfather Thor went up against Immortal Hulk. Who proceeded to choke him.

Luckily, Black Panther was there to save him.

(please log in to view the image)

Dialogue looks like suffocating, not choking. Don't see him BEING choked(which in a combat situation would most likely be cutting bloodflow to the brain, not suffocation, though most writers probably don't know).

Old Post Jan 13th, 2022 08:34 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Made worse when I believe in the same run Immortal Hulk was suggested weaker than WWH/Savage Hulk

Old Post Jan 13th, 2022 08:41 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Marvel do tend to turn him into a joke pretty often.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 01:58 PM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carthage
When you consider his sheer amount of low showings/inconsistencies where do you rank current Thor? Would any herald be hurt by a rock or beaten up by their own weapon or have their skull cracked by another in the same tier?

No. His issue have all been psychological since Fury whispered in his ear. That's why his powers wax and wane imo

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 05:51 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Actually, yeah many would and have had similar showings. The guys tossing the rocks would've had to be strong to affect Thor with what they threw at him. It seems to me that no matter how well he does, all he needs is one low showing and his highs are completely ignored.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 06:26 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Is Thor a mid tier in 2022?

I say he is a janitor level - below butlers and probably quite inferior to some more known Marvel janitors, such as Toad.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 06:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I'm not sure I'd put current Odin Force Thor as a high-herald. I think mid is closer to the truth -- but I love Damborg too much to really say that.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 07:15 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Thor without hammer - mid Herald to bottom high High Herald
Thor with hammer - epitome of high Herald tier and can reach Trans tier levels under stress
Thor with Odin Force - Easily Skyfather

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 07:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by carver9
Thor with hammer - epitome of high Herald tier and can reach Trans tier levels under stress

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 07:49 PM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Booya_69

Originally posted by Sin I AM
No. His issue have all been psychological since Fury whispered in his ear. That's why his powers wax and wane imo

That's an interesting theory. Sure he has low showings, but he also has showings that transcend the high herald level. He currently has the OF, obviously he's beyond mid herald level lol

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 08:00 PM
Booya_69 is currently offline Click here to Send Booya_69 a Private Message Find more posts by Booya_69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Booya_69

Originally posted by carver9

Booya

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 08:00 PM
Booya_69 is currently offline Click here to Send Booya_69 a Private Message Find more posts by Booya_69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I’ve reluctantly been catching up on the current Thor run, and he’s still written at a relatively high level there. Not high end Jurgens or Simonson or anything, but still pretty good. Outside of his book, in Avengers and whatever, it seems like the writers just do whatever the phuck they want, ranging from going head to head with Knull to getting suffocated by Hulk’s gross plant looking bullshit arm thing.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 01:00 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

It's sad and sickening all at once how Marvel continues to have him jobbing to Hulk every time they meet now, decades ago they were considered equals in pure strength.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 01:41 AM
carver9

Wouldn't say jobbing, Hulk is just that powerful. Hulk has been crushing everyone that's came his way. You all need to hold that and move on. Hulk has received a lot of upgrades over the yrs and it is showing. He is the most powerful being on the planet, to the point that the Avengers is saying he is the most powerful being they will face.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 01:56 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by lawest9
It's sad and sickening all at once how Marvel continues to have him jobbing to Hulk every time they meet now, decades ago they were considered equals in pure strength.

The guy who writes the main Thor and Hulk books is doing a crossover with the two of them, this year. So we should get a decent fight between the two of them.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 02:18 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote