KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » JLA vs Gojo

JLA vs Gojo
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

JLA vs Gojo

Fts from the show is accepted here. The weakest person on the JLA that could pull a majority against him.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 11th, 2023 02:06 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Before we get bogged down, what are his fastest feats, what are his esoteric durability feats, and who are you allowing on the JLA? Are you allowing BFR or are you limiting the powers ?

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Sep 11th, 2023 at 04:58 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2023 04:51 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Punched someone and while he was flying back from the punch, Gojo flew to another city, grabbed someone so that he could see the fight, and flew back as soon as the guy landed from the Shockwave of his punch. I would say he's faster than Doomsday. Then he has infinity around him. The closer you get, the slower you become. Thats including attacks as well. Basically can't be touched. Class 100 strength, blasts, then he can just warp you to another dimension, called infinity...

This...

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 02:27 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

is that the jojo's bizarre adventure i keep hearing about? who's the blonde chick

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 03:15 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Punched someone and while he was flying back from the punch, Gojo flew to another city, grabbed someone so that he could see the fight, and flew back as soon as the guy landed from the Shockwave of his punch. I would say he's faster than Doomsday. Then he has infinity around him. The closer you get, the slower you become. Thats including attacks as well. Basically can't be touched. Class 100 strength, blasts, then he can just warp you to another dimension, called infinity...

This...

Ok. A plan is forming.

What about my other questions?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 06:12 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by MrMind
is that the jojo's bizarre adventure i keep hearing about? who's the blonde chick

No, it's Jujutsu Kaisen

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 09:20 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Re: JLA vs Gojo

Originally posted by carver9
The weakest person on the JLA that could pull a majority against him.

Obviously physical power, speed, explosions, etc. are kind of pointless...unless his opponent is willing to destroy the planet and outlast him in the vacuum of space. Time travel could also work if you allow it, but it's not like any heroes in JLA use use time travel like that anyway.

If he still retains his inability to filter poisons, that could work.

(please log in to view the image)

- Jujutsu Kaisen ch. 76

Magic can also be used to dispel Infinity as we've seen. But Gojo is still pretty fast and dangerous without it.

My best bet would be someone with telepathy. Maybe Miss Martian?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 12:41 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Astner
Obviously physical power, speed, explosions, etc. are kind of pointless...unless his opponent is willing to destroy the planet and outlast him in the vacuum of space. Time travel could also work if you allow it, but it's not like any heroes in JLA use use time travel like that anyway.

If he still retains his inability to filter poisons, that could work.

- Jujutsu Kaisen ch. 76

Magic can also be used to dispel Infinity as we've seen. But Gojo is still pretty fast and dangerous without it.

My best bet would be someone with telepathy. Maybe Miss Martian?

Flash does, if he can (as in, the propensity is there):

By the by, though.

Does Gojo not have defences against telepathy or magic or transmutation or BFR etc?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 01:04 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Does depriving the air work? Not an expert about him, but he sounds like he still needs to breathe

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 01:05 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

By the by, though.

Does Gojo not have defences against telepathy or magic or transmutation or BFR etc?

Yeah, going by the recent depiction in the One Minute War story. Barry looks like willing to do a time-travel if he can

So it is arguable for Barry to time-erase him. He has the abilities to do so in normal circumstance, he sometimes willing to do it

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 01:11 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

That's like saying that Superman would just destroy the planet, which only makes sense if you treat him as a set of powers. But it's not in-character, and he'd rather die than do it.

By the by, though.

Jujutsu translates to magic, and Jujutsushi to magic masters (although they're called sorcerers in the official translation).

They are resistant to magic, magical possession, and magical transmutations. But there are no instances of telepathy of the Marvel/DC kind. So Infinity shouldn't be able to filter it, and even if it theoretically could it shouldn't be part of its current filtering process.

And he has been BFR:d before in a pocket-universe, chapters 90 - 91 (kind of a long scene with interceptions, so I'm not going to post it). But he can break out of Domain Expansions (which are also pocket-spaces of sorts) and he can teleport.

Gojo is a tricky cookie to deal with because physical and magical attacks can't reach him under normal circumstances, he has a passive barrier of infinitely divided space that only he can move through.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

- Jujutsu Kaisen ch. 69

He also passively heals his brain to keep the aforementioned technique active, which also means that he never sleeps. And recently he showed the ability to regrow his arm with this same healing technique.

He also has an infinity-themed Force-pull technique, where he creates a negative version of something, which functions as some kind of vacuum for that specific thing. But the way he uses it makes it look like typical telekinesis.

But the two most dangerous techniques he has is Hollow Purple, which destroyed matter, and his Domain Expansion: Immeasurable Void which paralyzes and fries the brain of people caught in it by feeding it infinite* information, and the Domain Expansion has some other tricks like the user can never miss any attacks in this space (it functions like a video game).

* Normal people can withstand Immeasurable Void for 0.2 seconds without suffering any lasting after-effects. So I'm not really sure how it's infinite information, unless it's an infinite loop of sorts.

- Jujutsu Kaisen ch. 89

So I think telepathy is the safest bet here.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 01:58 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Does depriving the air work? Not an expert about him, but he sounds like he still needs to breathe

Yes.

So it is arguable for Barry to time-erase him. He has the abilities to do so in normal circumstance, he sometimes willing to do it

There are a number of problems with time travel:
  1. None of the Flashes have ever weaponized it like that.
  2. Time travel could be considered leaving the battle field.
  3. It depends on the nature of the fight. If Gojo is dropped onto DC Earth at point t = 0, and the Flash travels back to t = -1 then Gojo hasn't even arrived yet.

Telepathy is the best bet here.

Last edited by Astner on Sep 16th, 2023 at 02:23 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 02:20 PM
DarkSaint85

And what's the range of his teleportation? Say, if Cyborg sends him into deep space, or to Apokolips (which as you know, is in a different dimension and, moreover, completely alien to Gojo), can he come back?

And this barrier sounds interesting. Can things interact through it i.e. can Metamorpho transmute the air in his lungs into acid (assuming Rex had the speed to do so, of course)?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 02:22 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Yes.

So theoretically, Flashes/Superman deprives the air around him would work right?
Like via circling around him, or super-breath inhales the air, or heat vision's warmth elimates the air in his lungs etc?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 02:31 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

And what's the range of his teleportation? Say, if Cyborg sends him into deep space, or to Apokolips (which as you know, is in a different dimension and, moreover, completely alien to Gojo), can he come back?

It's never explained how his teleportation works. It should be tied to infinity in some way. But he hasn't teleport in or out of outer-space or anything like that. Also, IIRC he (in a flashback) mentioned that he had to work on his long-distance techniques which I assume relates to his teleportation technique.

He certainly couldn't teleport out of the prison realm. So if you could get him into another space that should work.

The problem with Cyborg is that he doesn't have super-speed and is therefore too slow to react before Gojo does.

And this barrier sounds interesting. Can things interact through it i.e. can Metamorpho transmute the air in his lungs into acid (assuming Rex had the speed to do so, of course)?

It only stops things he's deemed dangerous from reaching him. So objects that are of a certain sharpness, or move over a certain speed, or exceeds a certain mass, will automatically stopped, as explained in the first page. It also stops explosions from reaching him.

But he did say that he had issues identifying poisons. Granted, this was when he was younger, but it hasn't been addressed since so I would assume it still applies.

But more importantly, Metamorpho was never a member of the JLA.

So theoretically, Flashes/Superman deprives the air around him would work right?
Like via circling around him, or super-breath inhales the air, or heat vision's warmth elimates the air in his lungs etc?

I'm not 100% sure, because Infinity has stopped detonations (heat and shockwave). There's also teleportation to consider.

Last edited by Astner on Sep 16th, 2023 at 02:54 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 02:48 PM
DarkSaint85

It's never explained how his teleportation works. It should be tied to infinity in some way. But he hasn't teleport in or out of outer-space or anything like that. Also, IIRC he (in a flashback) mentioned that he had to work on his long-distance techniques which I assume relates to his teleportation technique.

He certainly couldn't teleport out of the prison realm. So if you could get him into another space that should work.

The problem with Cyborg is that he doesn't have super-speed and is therefore too slow to react before Gojo does.

He managed to catch the Watchtower before it hit Earth, reboot his systems, and Boom tube it away. He does indeed have superspeed - and that's before I go into how he thinks faster than the Watchtower's computers or whatever.

He caught the Watchtower that was falling from orbit, with a Boom Tube.

Orbit is 22,236 miles above Earth:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geostationary_orbit

Cyborg had 4 minutes before it hit Earth (and you can see in my 2nd scan it nearly hit Earth). So speed = d/t, so the speed was 333,540mph.

And Cyborg managed to catch it, reboot his systems and Boom Tube it away.

To compare it to your feat, since I have shown Cyborg can catch something that fast, Hulk will need to be faster in order to 'blitz' him.

Faster than 333,000mph.

quote:

It only stops things he's deemed dangerous from reaching him. So objects that are of a certain sharpness, or move over a certain speed, or exceeds a certain mass, will automatically stopped, as explained in the first page. It also stops explosions from reaching him.

But he did say that he had issues identifying poisons. Granted, this was when he was younger, but it hasn't been addressed since so I would assume it still applies.

But more importantly, Metamorpho was never a member of the JLA.

The last sentence is not quite true. He was a part of them when the Hyperclan attacked. But then, I guess one can just swap Firestorm out then for the sake of argument (even though Metamorpho WAS part of the JLA).

Metamorpho:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The Atom may have a very good chance too, then.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Sep 16th, 2023 at 03:13 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 03:01 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Arguing that Cyborg has super-speed is like arguing that Batman or Dr. Fate has super-speed. Could you find a feat that would support the claim? Sure. Is it consistent with their overall portrayal? No. They're not Kryptonians, Martians, nor do they have access to the Speed Force, and there's not a single instance of super-speed being explicitly attributed to him.

For reference, top tier Jujutsu Sorcerers and Cursed Spirits are in the supersonic range.

- Jujutsu Kaisen ch. 193

So nowhere near fast enough to keep up with the Flash or Superman, but far too fast for anyone with human reactions.

But Infinity protects him from characters that are faster than him.

But I'm not sure why you're not content with the Miss Martian solution. Gojo is effectively a mage with moderate super-speed with no established defenses against telepathy. I don't even think Carver would argue against that one.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 03:32 PM
DarkSaint85

Arguing that Cyborg has super-speed is like arguing that Batman or Dr. Fate has super-speed. Could you find a feat that would support the claim? Sure. Is it consistent with their overall portrayal? No. They're not Kryptonians, Martians, nor do they have access to the Speed Force, and there's not a single instance of super-speed being explicitly attributed to him.

Except it isn't always Cyborg who is doing things - his AI also kicks in, which is faster than a human. He has both a Father Box and a Mother Box bonded to him - he doesn't just have human level reactions. After all, he has to be able to process millions of records in nanoseconds etc.

quote:

For reference, top tier Jujutsu Sorcerers and Cursed Spirits are in the supersonic range.

[b](please log in to view the image)

- Jujutsu Kaisen ch. 193

So nowhere near fast enough to keep up with the Flash or Superman, but far too fast for anyone with human reactions.

But Infinity protects him from characters that are faster than him.

But I'm not sure why you're not content with the Miss Martian solution. Gojo is effectively a mage with moderate super-speed with no established defenses against telepathy. I don't even think Carver would argue against that one.

Because I like it when a question has multiple answers. It is fun.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 03:58 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Except it isn't always Cyborg who is doing things - his AI also kicks in, which is faster than a human. He has both a Father Box and a Mother Box bonded to him - he doesn't just have human level reactions. After all, he has to be able to process millions of records in nanoseconds etc.

It's not he that processes it, it's his sensors. There were similar arguments pushed for Tony Stark back in the day, and I'm not sure why people are doing it.

If you want to interpret it that way that's fine. But I would not place my money on Cyborg for the majority in this battle.

Because I like it when a question has multiple answers. It is fun.

At this point you should have a fairly good grasp of the character. He has two main abilities, Limitless and Six-Eyes. Limitless allows him to manifest infinity in reality, and his Six-Eyes allows him to do it better than everyone else, and those are the basis for all his unique techniques.

- Jujutsu Kaisen ch. 14

He also has access to regular Jujutsu Sorcerer techniques, like Black Flash, which is a punch-amplification technique. But those abilities are not particularly relevant with the exception for very special circumstances (like his opponents being able to adapt to his techniques).

If you can dispel or adapt to magic you should be able to get around Infinity, which is the biggest hurdle, and some degree of super-speed is also necessary. But the easiest solution would just be to look for the holes in his defenses like poisons or telepathy.

Wait...Shift should be able to do it. He should be able to turn into a poisonous gas and enter Gojo's lungs.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 04:29 PM
DarkSaint85

It's not he that processes it, it's his sensors. There were similar arguments pushed for Tony Stark back in the day, and I'm not sure why people are doing it.

If you want to interpret it that way that's fine. But I would not place my money on Cyborg for the majority in this battle.

At this point you should have a fairly good grasp of the character. He has two main abilities, Limitless and Six-Eyes. Limitless allows him to manifest infinity in reality, and his Six-Eyes allows him to do it better than everyone else, and those are the basis for all his unique techniques.

- Jujutsu Kaisen ch. 14

He also has access to regular Jujutsu Sorcerer techniques, like Black Flash, which is a punch-amplification technique. But those abilities are not particularly relevant with the exception for very special circumstances (like his opponents being able to adapt to his techniques).

If you can dispel or adapt to magic you should be able to get around Infinity, which is the biggest hurdle, and some degree of super-speed is also necessary. But the easiest solution would just be to look for the holes in his defenses like poisons or telepathy.

Wait...Shift should be able to do it. He should be able to turn into a poisonous gas and enter Gojo's lungs.

His sensors? What do you mean? A sensor is useless without something to process the...sensory input, and in this case the processor is a Motherbox.

So in the space of a nanosecond:

We literally see his thought processes from one nanosecond to the next.

Downloading, learning, and applying new information:

Tony isn't Cyborg. He doesn't have a Motherbox fused to him. Unless you are arguing that his sensors download and learn martial arts, and then move his limbs? At which point, you are just arguing semantics, as the physical act of moving his limbs etc is Cyborg's.

But yeah, Shift (who is Metamorpho's clone)/Metamorpho/Miss Martian/Atom should be able to do it.

I'm also slightly unimpressed by this usage of infinity, because of your comment that normal humans can tolerate 0.2 seconds of 'infinite knowledge '. I know you try to rationalize it, but that still sounds iffy.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Sep 16th, 2023 at 07:49 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 07:43 PM