KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Sex-wise, who is Smallville's target audience Girls or Guys.

Sex-wise, who is Smallville's target audience Girls or Guys.
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Sex-wise, who is Smallville's target audience Girls or Guys.

I heard this one guy tell me that Smallville's for girls. I was kinda shocked by that cause I myself as a guy, likes watching Smallville. Superman's been my favorite character since i was a toddler.

But i thought about his statement and Smallville does have alot of lovy dovy moments. Probably alot of the times. Sometimes Smallville comes across to me as a female teen targeted show like the other garbage WB shows.

I dunno. I still love Smallville, but isn't a Superman show supose to be for the guys or at least neutral.

Not being sexist. i just always grew up with Superman mythology mostly being a guy thing.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 10:00 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Definitely a guy thing,Lois is working at a strip club tonight too anyway.big grin

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 11:19 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I dont know I think its more of a neutral target. There's episodes that are about fighting, and Strippers are for guys. But then theres the moments that are for women, like the Lovy Dovy stuff.

Just my opinion though. Cheers!

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 05:16 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

The shows producers have stated that their target audience is males.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 02:10 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I would assume males since you have the element of comics with very attractive young ladies playing leading roles.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 06:28 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

I love Smallville and so does my wife!

She's just as hooked as I am.

She watches it for the Dawson's Creek moments.

I watch it cos it's Superman. big grin

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 08:03 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I think it has aspects for both guys and girls.

it has Tom Welling and lovey dub moments etc for girls.

and it has Lois, Chole, Lana, and cool fights with superpowers for the guys.

i think its a show both guys and girls can watch, thats why its so successful.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 06:37 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uber_Jedi
The Jedi who pwns all

It is pretty crappy, but the target is not mainly for males or females. They show a lot of partial nudity of a wide variety of characters which amuses a wide variety of people.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 03:49 AM
Uber_Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Uber_Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Uber_Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

whats pretty crappy? huh

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 03:03 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think he means the show is crappy which I TOTALLY DISAGREE with.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 10:11 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

I think the audience they're aiming for are girls who don't mind comic book heroes in their soap operas, and guys who don't mind emotional touchy-feely moments. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 02:31 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

Smallville is for anyone who wants to watch it....

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 07:39 AM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

I was kidding. Obviously i think this is an awesome show otherwise, i wouldn't be here.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 12:12 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MysteryRidah
Smallville is for anyone who wants to watch it....

Yea but who are the producers trying to target. I say 40% guys 60% ladies.

There's more of that girly mushy lovy dovy crap in it than there is action.

Typical WB show, lol, but I still like it cause of Lex, his pops and Clark's ass kickin's.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 12:16 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smallvilleluvr

I think it's neutral.They do have alot of nudity scenes or potential nudity scenes but they always have the same amount of male and female nudity scenes.Like Crusade with Tom Welling naked in the middle of a corn field and Kristen Kreuk also in Crusade where she woke up naked in her bed after supposedly being possessed by Isobel.I kind of tend to pay attention to those kinds of things.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/563/bannerkrypto2jd7zd.jpg

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:51 AM
smallvilleluvr is currently offline Click here to Send smallvilleluvr a Private Message Find more posts by smallvilleluvr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I don't really care who the target audience is. Obviously I watch it, and I'm happy (most of the time).

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:41 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Target audience is supposed to be for everyone but it definitely attracts us guys more (especially when you've got Durance in a bikini lol). However, they've been able to drag girls into it with the semi-Dawson's Creek type of dialogue/scenes every so often. If a girl watches enough episodes of something they tend to care about the characters and then they'll keep watching. Its a good show though, so they don't kill it with too much of the Dawson stuff.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:32 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

i started watchin it wen i was 11/ 12 im 15 now im sure allother young teenage guys lyk me enjoyed it and naturally wen ur young lovvy duvvy gives guys a YUKK!!!! feeling i didnt feel lyk that cos it was balanced with teh hot chicks and the super powers.. its wikd ..and may be most likely aimed for guys coz their are 3 things cfgoing for guys here 1 )hot chicks 2) superman without a red underwear 3) super powers

the girls propbably like the luvvy duvvy stuff thats only one thing

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 06:56 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

(sorry If I'm wrong) but The only main girl/woman is Jedi Priestess. again if I'm wrong about that sorry! embarrasment

I have came to a conclusion that it's targeting guys. You don't see the show revolving around Lana's life, or Chloe's or even My Lois(too bad though)

If it was targeting girls, there would be a lot more scenes with Clarks shirt off, (thank God there isnt) But there are ton's of semi-nudie scenes having to do with girls (mostly my Lois)

Last edited by Kal of Krypton on Jun 2nd, 2006 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:41 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

hey i dont mind teh chicks especially chloe or lois ..4get lana

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:44 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote