KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Agnostic and Atheist?

Agnostic and Atheist?
Started by: moonwalker741

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

Agnostic and Atheist?

Whats the difference between them, Agnostic and Atheism?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:10 AM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Atheists do not believe in god.
Agnostics dont believe god exists but wont rule out the possibility that he might exist.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:15 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I guess it's better to be an agnostic..I'd say..

Better to have an open mind about the possibilities

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 03:33 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo

You're probably going to be hammered for that one.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:35 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Not really, Atheism means you KNOW there is no god. (Atheists don't "believe" anything.) Agnosticism means you don't know whether there is or isn't a god. And religious, of course, means you believe in a god.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 04:18 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Oh and

- - Religious Forum - -

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 04:20 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Originally posted by Tex
Atheists do not believe in god.
Agnostics dont believe god exists but wont rule out the possibility that he might exist.

I think I am an agnostic then.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 12:12 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah...sure! It's better to have no sense of conviction and just spend your whole life walking around hedging bets! Great life! Woo! Go you!

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 12:36 PM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

Originally posted by moonwalker741
atheist is claiming not to believe in God and kinda fights with ppl who believe
agnostic believes there might be some 'force' but no one is able to prove its exstance. so he doesn't call it God

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 12:40 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Atheism is the belief that there is no god or the absence of a belief that there is a god.

An agnostic is one who is doubtful of the existence of god, but does not profess true atheism.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 07:45 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

Originally posted by MC Mike
Oh and

- - Religious Forum - -

Where is that, wasnt it always here in the GD forum?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 09:44 PM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

I'm a dyslexic agnostic, I often question whether there is a dog.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 09:46 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Originally posted by KharmaDog

I hope you did that on purpose. laughing out loud

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 09:12 PM
big gay kirk

Atheism is the belief Not the knowledge, as it is impossible to prove a negative...) that there is no God or higher power...
Agnosticism (against or without knowledge...) is not the belief that there may or may not be a god, but the belief that if there is a god it would be impossible for humans to understand or have knowledge of that god's aims, ideals, plans, etc... which is why many of us divide them into Agnostics (capital A) who believe the above, and agnostics (lower case a) who are the "there might be, or there might not be" brigade.... in many ways, agnostics are the same as christians.... (as opposed to Christians...)

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 12:43 AM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blalocklover
Akodon

Well depending on yours answers I might open another thread but let keep as:

I understand what is a agnostic. Can we divide atheists in a way that separate a) the "bully" ones (let's say) that constantly remind others on their condition an often debates with religious.
b) the ones that think that there is no point in discussing among believers (when it's usually a debate biased and far away from a theology conversation or such thing) and if they debate "follow" the believer and argue about/against his/her side, I mean only discuss "religious contradictions" and not depart from a: "Ok I'm a atheist so..." I think this kind can even dig in a whole debate without even mention his/her beliefs, only because it doesn't matter.

What leads me to this, just a quote "atheists are a fundamentalist sect" It was just only a sarcasm but most of the time you find the first kind and not the second one. Is any classification or argue like that (perhaps It's not a big deal anyway) Just quoted from Corran in another thread "Atheism is a non-prophet organisation."

Other topic what about people like S. Hawking that refutes God existence only based in something like "God could not have place in a Universe like this one (referring only to conditions entropy and that stuff)" I think He matches with agnostics or closer

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 10:35 PM
blalocklover is currently offline Click here to Send blalocklover a Private Message Find more posts by blalocklover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by KharmaDog

This one made me laugh.. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing blink

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 12:10 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

[

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 12:13 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Re: Agnostic and Atheist?

Originally posted by moonwalker741

I think it is that athiests don't believe in God at all, and agnostics say that they will believe in God if He is proved to them

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 02:36 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moonunit
The original Mr. Floyd

OMG! Like Athism is like so like totally ya! and like I am so like an agnostic and everything cos like god so has like a white beard and like totally sits on clouds!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 06:51 PM
Moonunit is currently offline Click here to Send Moonunit a Private Message Find more posts by Moonunit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

lmao!!! or are you trying to be sarcastic there? confused

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 09:45 AM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote