KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Your version of heaven and hell

Your version of heaven and hell
Started by: Ricodrayz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Null

Your version of heaven and hell

Describe in detail your version of heaven and hell.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 02:15 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

No.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 07:01 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Your version of heaven and hell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
Describe in detail your version of heaven and hell.

Look round you and look really close.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 07:03 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Yeah full of devils and everything....I've see them. huh

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 07:08 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of hell, and a hell of heaven.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 08:07 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Heaven: Standing in a mountain, in the autumn, river flyfishing (while my old dog , an Irish wolfhound named Hawkeye who is no longer with me, watched on from shore) for cutthroat trout, brook trout or grayling while occasionally being served beer (and other services) by attractive scantily clad women then later retiring to a mountain cabin in order to relax and read falling asleep to wake up to a day of more of the same.

Hell: surrounded by a room of editors yelling insanely about handing in late assignments that were actually handed in three days prior to deadline and the editors would just realize that if they took one moment to remove their heads from their rectums.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 08:14 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by KharmaDog
...Hell: surrounded by a room of editors yelling insanely about handing in late assignments that were actually handed in three days prior to deadline and the editors would just realize that if they took one moment to remove their heads from their rectums.

laughing been there done that (except with a design).

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 08:17 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing been there done that (except with a design).

Was there recently. Did not enjoy. Apologies still being withheld.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 08:24 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Was there recently. Did not enjoy. Apologies still being withheld.

Do not hold on to bad karma, let it go. Unless, you enjoy suffering. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 08:41 PM
Dawson

Heaven (n) : Complete, eternal, and utter paradise. Not a place but a state of being. Being completely at peace and united with God, Brahma, etc. See also: Nirvana

Hell (n) : Having your soul ripped apart constantly for all of eternity, each little detail of the sins that you comitted shoved into your face. Also not a place but a state of being where you are forever consumed by guilt for the things that you've done or failed to do.
See also: Life without the Internet

Signatures | Hrm?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:20 PM
Dawson is currently offline Click here to Send Dawson a Private Message Find more posts by Dawson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Dawson
Heaven (n) : Complete, eternal, and utter paradise. Not a place but a state of being. Being completely at peace and united with God, Brahma, etc. See also: Nirvana

Hell (n) : Having your soul ripped apart constantly for all of eternity, each little detail of the sins that you comitted shoved into your face. Also not a place but a state of being where you are forever consumed by guilt for the things that you've done or failed to do.
See also: Life without the Internet

Cool.

But there are 8 other worlds (states of mind).

http://www.sgi-uk.org/index.php/buddhism/tenworlds

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:26 PM
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Originally posted by debbiejo
Yeah full of devils and everything....I've see them. huh

Oh... you see them too ! I thought it was a side effect from my medicine !

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:30 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dawson

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Cool.

But there are 8 other worlds (states of mind).

http://www.sgi-uk.org/index.php/buddhism/tenworlds

I'm not Buddhist, but thanks for the link. I prefer being knowledgeable than ignorant. -tottles off to read-

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:38 PM
Dawson is currently offline Click here to Send Dawson a Private Message Find more posts by Dawson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Atlantis001

Oooo can I have some? laughing

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:42 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Heaven: Standing in a mountain, in the autumn, river flyfishing (while my old dog , an Irish wolfhound named Hawkeye who is no longer with me, watched on from shore) for cutthroat trout, brook trout or grayling while occasionally being served beer (and other services) by attractive scantily clad women then later retiring to a mountain cabin in order to relax and read falling asleep to wake up to a day of more of the same.

What???!!?? NO 70 virgins???????????

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:07 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Atlantis001
No they're real.... confused laughing out loud .......God I see them dressed in mens clothing all the time.........

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:08 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

What???!!?? NO 70 virgins???????????

Didn't you hear? We are all out of virgins. laughing

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:08 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I have two I believe in,I didn't make them up by the way so here goes

Earthbound: The soul remains in an earth like existence were they suffer
From greed,lust,vanity,pride,hatred,sloth,gluttony,and Envy They remain there and try to hold on to the lives they once had until they can finally let go of all there earthly desires and be free (basically there purified)

The Void: A dark cold place where your soul remains until it's purified since I don't believe hell is eternal.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:04 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

No.
confused

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:05 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

No virgins....

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:11 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote