KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Bible Scholars: Please Give me the answer

Bible Scholars: Please Give me the answer
Started by: ROYALGUARD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ROYALGUARD
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bible Scholars: Please Give me the answer

why did God created Lucifer? God is all knowing and he also knows that lucifer will betray him soon. then why did God still created Lucifer/satan?

although Im a christian myself i dont understand why God created him.

Lord Saboteur was here
President Bush Pissed here
Raz was Here

Mist peed here --> eek!

taft posted here, ~ermm~ just to be different, and had sex with vinny

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 05:46 AM
ROYALGUARD is currently offline Click here to Send ROYALGUARD a Private Message Find more posts by ROYALGUARD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Part of the newlywed couple's plan is to create family. It starts with both of them. Then, raising kids. Of course, parents don't intend to create disobedient kids. This couple, nevertheless, knew that by raising kids, there will be times they would disobey. But why do you think they'd still want to raise kids?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 07:00 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROYALGUARD
Restricted

Account Restricted

holy crap... best answer. best explanation. good rhetorical question. ty for enlightenin me. i thought i posted a dificult answer. but you answered it in 1 sitting.

Lord Saboteur was here
Raz was Here

Mist peed here --> eek!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 07:10 AM
ROYALGUARD is currently offline Click here to Send ROYALGUARD a Private Message Find more posts by ROYALGUARD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eis
androgynous mind

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ROYALGUARD
why did God created Lucifer? God is all knowing and he also knows that lucifer will betray him soon. then why did God still created Lucifer/satan?

You think you'll find bible scholars in KMC? laughing

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 08:13 AM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

holy crap... best answer. best explanation. good rhetorical question. ty for enlightenin me. i thought i posted a dificult answer. but you answered it in 1 sitting.

Wait till Finit/Shaky/Debbi get in here, you might think differently

Jury: Good answer as always...

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:31 AM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

but I thought god was omnipotent.......all knowing.....creates everything in the exact fashion he wants to, right down to the tendency to disobey or not to disobey. How is he to be compared to a normal man or woman who simply engages in sex?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:51 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Jury
Part of the newlywed couple's plan is to create family. It starts with both of them. Then, raising kids. Of course, parents don't intend to create disobedient kids. This couple, nevertheless, knew that by raising kids, there will be times they would disobey. But why do you think they'd still want to raise kids?
That's not a good example.. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Originally posted by AOR
Wait till Finit/Shaky/Debbi get in here, you might think differently

big grin .........I'm the nice god.....It's finti that's the mean god....... evil face

The god and Lucifer/nemesis story is older than Christianity and found in many old pagan beliefs. Yes if god is all knowing, then why didn't he not create lucifer??....See the flaw? The bible god is not all knowing. Either that or he is just as evil as lucifer for punishing countess billions for eternity for the sin of a fallen angel?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 12:42 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROYALGUARD
Restricted

Account Restricted

debbiejo..
you challenge my christian beliefs and enlighten me with other religious beliefs. sorry for being limited to christianity...
but i think jury's answer is one of the best answer so far.unless you tell me something i dont know.

all i know now is some are created with a purpose. and some are created with no purpose. lucifer has a big role in this reality. hes the antagonist. i just dont know whats the purpose of having ''evil existance'' all i can think of is that every good story has a protagonist (jesus, other prophets and belivers) and antagonist (lucifer and his devil armies) but theres also minor characters like us who serve no purpose but to serve our own indulgence. God will end His story or His reality in His own way. could be the metaphoric symbols of the book revelations or could be the big crunch.

if i interpreted jury's reply correctly. God gave lucifer a free will. but lucifer's purpose is to serve God eternity. so one eternity later, Lucifer got ''bored'' and decided to take over and be a god himself. God already knew that Lucifer will do this. But God didnt intend to do so.

Lord Saboteur was here
Raz was Here

Mist peed here --> eek!

Last edited by ROYALGUARD on Apr 28th, 2006 at 03:11 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 03:06 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

God's ultimate creation was a being with free will, a being which could actively choose not to believe in the existence of its creator and instead believe in its own freedom to choose.

But just in case that wasn't enough to make things interesting, God made Lucifer.

Think of imaginative play: if you imagine scenarios where everyone gets along and everything is nice and wonderful, how much fun is that? Would you watch a movie with no conflict? Free will, the Devil: all this God made to spice things up.

If nothing else, God has one helluva sense of humor.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-- Voltaire

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 04:41 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROYALGUARD
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
God's ultimate creation was a being with free will, a being which could actively choose not to believe in the existence of its creator and instead believe in its own freedom to choose.

But just in case that wasn't enough to make things interesting, God made Lucifer.

Think of imaginative play: if you imagine scenarios where everyone gets along and everything is nice and wonderful, how much fun is that? Would you watch a movie with no conflict? Free will, the Devil: all this God made to spice things up.

-- Voltaire

woah now that just blew my mind. now i imagine God created us then he said before we are born ''go have fun my child''

Lord Saboteur was here
Raz was Here

Mist peed here --> eek!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 04:45 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

-- Voltaire

Excellent quote and point.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 07:06 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

-- Voltaire

I think I like you.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 08:20 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Bible Scholars: Please Give me the answer

I'm not a bible scholar. But I think he/she created Lucifer as a necessary evil. You know all that stuff about the balance of good and evil in the world....we can't know what good is without evil.... and such...and such...

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 10:56 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

So obviously in that light God sees evil in itself as a sort of good... And I don't mean that in some nonresponsible relativistic way either; I'm saying that having evil there to challenge and define good is apparently part of God's plan, IF the scriptures are indeed accurate.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:17 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

To everything there is an equal to or opposite reaction...

Last edited by debbiejo on Apr 28th, 2006 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:25 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Phoenix2001
I think I like you.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 01:09 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Because Lucifer throws awesome parties

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 03:28 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Re: Bible Scholars: Please Give me the answer

* God, in the Bible, is not all-knowing or omniscient... there is something God does not know or prefer not to be involved with... for example...

"They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind :"
Jeremiah 19:5

* the evil people in the time of Prophet Jeremiah burned their children to offer to an idol named Baal... which God never commanded them to do so, neither it came into His mind that they would do such a horrible thing... wink

* on to the topic: God created the everything and what is His overall conclusion?

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good . And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."
Genesis 1:31

* everything God made was good... cool

* God didn't made Lucifer evil... Lucifer is an angel, and good angel at first... but what happened next is not God's fault...

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High
."
Isaiah 14:12-14

* Lucifer's heart was filled with jealousy and desired to be like God...

* so your next question might be: why didn't God destroy Lucifer after Lucifer rebelled against Him? as i've quoted earlier, Lucifer too is a spirit, and spirits don't die...

"Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels ; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."
Luke 20:36

* how to defeated Lucifer? the last judgment: the punishment for the evil and his followers -> ETERNAL DAMNATION... the punishment is eternal because spirits don't die... wink

Last edited by dyajeep on Apr 29th, 2006 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:44 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Re: Re: Bible Scholars: Please Give me the answer

Originally posted by peejayd

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High
."
Isaiah 14:12-14

* Lucifer's heart was filled with jealousy and desired to be like God...

If you read it in context it is speaking about the King of Babylon in a metaphorical way as the bible does.

Isaiah 4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

Last edited by debbiejo on Apr 29th, 2006 at 12:55 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 12:52 PM
dyajeep

Re: Re: Re: Bible Scholars: Please Give me the answer

Originally posted by debbiejo
If you read it in context it is speaking about the King of Babylon in a metaphorical way as the bible does.

Isaiah 4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer , son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations !"
Isaiah 14:12

* when did you see the King of Babylon fell from heaven?

* and he is the Satan, the Devil that weakened the nations...

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world : he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
Revelation 12:9

* yes, that's Lucifer... wink

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 01:04 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote