KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » no god

no god
Started by: The big EH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

Warning no god

i belive that there is no god, or gods, or anything, no saints, i do think that there was a mary and jesus, but i think mary just had an affair. i believe in the scientific explanations, like the big bang, and evolution, not that god created man out of dust, clear and simple... kinda simple smile

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 04:31 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The big EH
i belive that there is no god, or gods, or anything, no saints, i do think that there was a mary and jesus, but i think mary just had an affair. i believe in the scientific explanations, like the big bang, and evolution, not that god created man out of dust, clear and simple... kinda simple smile

Hmm, I have similar beliefs although I would not rule out the possibility of some sort of higher power. That being said, I don't know if this thread is necessary, there are many threads about people's beliefs and especially atheism (which is what you seem to be)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 04:34 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SP90
Honestly Deceitful

Yeah, plus : Big Bang explains very few, it didn't have a mind or anything, it was there for no reason that could be explained by science.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 04:36 PM
SP90 is currently offline Click here to Send SP90 a Private Message Find more posts by SP90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by SP90
Yeah, plus : Big Bang explains very few, it didn't have a mind or anything, it was there for no reason that could be explained by science.

Actually that's not quite true, the theory explains most things pretty well. Especially the thing that there was no mind is appealling, since..well why should there be a mind before there is a universe, seems unlikely.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 04:39 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

i know how can there be something from nothing? it's almost like alchemy's basic rule "in order to gain something must first be lost that has equvilent value, or mass" thats called equivalent exchange and it's true it's a law in human society, think bout it, you want a game, you must give up money to get it, unless you steal but thats illegal and leads to consequences, and to get the money to buy the game you must give up your time and energy

Lilypop Shots on XBOX

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 04:44 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

yeah, sometimes when people get all scientifical, it just makes me think man was just here to f*ck and continue our race for no reason......

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 04:56 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

My problem is that evolution doesn't explain it ALL....It could be part of yet another science that we are only now starting to discover........There could be BOTH. Evolution and intelligence.....

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 05:47 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

Originally posted by LizzyT123
yeah, sometimes when people get all scientifical, it just makes me think man was just here to f*ck and continue our race for no reason......
there is no meaning of life except to live, that is wat i believe, i believe that we make our reason to live, i believe we make our destinies thats wat i believe

Lilypop Shots on XBOX

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 06:08 PM
Regret
One Among Many

Originally posted by SP90

If I remember correctly Big Bang theory is a circular theory.

kinda like this

start with a compact matter

*and it expands out
******once it reaches some point of expansion it collapses
* and then starts over

Given this, a beginning would be impossible to find.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 06:14 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Evolution teaches that???..........I don't know evolution, but there are other theories that also teach that thing are cyclical.........Just as our life and all of nature and even the universe it..........dieing and birth....

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 06:29 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

yes but no rebirth, for one being... well maybe
but for some reason i believe that all these natural disaters and diseases are the Earth's way of keeping the human population down, just like hunting is our way of keeping the animal population under control and i believe the o-zone layer dying is a cycle, and the universe is actually not slowing down and decreasing, it's speeding up and increasing faster

Lilypop Shots on XBOX

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 06:40 PM
Regret
One Among Many

yes but no rebirth, for one being... well maybe
but for some reason i believe that all these natural disaters and diseases are the Earth's way of keeping the human population down, just like hunting is our way of keeping the animal population under control and i believe the o-zone layer dying is a cycle, and the universe is actually not slowing down and decreasing, it's speeding up and increasing faster

It would stand to reason that each cycle would be different from the last. This would lead to a point when the cycle would reach its resting point. If the universe did not have the outward and inward movement, would it behave in the manner that we know? Or would the laws of physics be effected by this lack of flux?

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 06:47 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

OR we attract what we dwell on and that would even include disasters and war OR peace........If we are part creator ourselves........AND THAT would put all the responsibility on OUR LAPS.....hmm

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 06:50 PM
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

ummmm... i'm not old enough to understand this i may believe in science but i don't neccasarily understand it all

Lilypop Shots on XBOX

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 06:51 PM
maham

Originally posted by Bardock42
Actually that's not quite true, the theory explains most things pretty well. Especially the thing that there was no mind is appealling, since..well why should there be a mind before there is a universe, seems unlikely.

Y shud there b a universe WITHOUT a mind? Does that sound sensible 2 u?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 06:57 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

ummmm... i'm not old enough to understand this i may believe in science but i don't neccasarily understand it all
Well this is just part of particle theory........kind of like a magnet to put it simply... smile

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 06:58 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Oh geez I should have been here during the creation of this thread.

1. If everyone made a thrad for thier own person opinon. That would be RATHER annoying.

2. Evolution and the Big Bang explain a heck of a lot and predict many more observances.

3. The Big bang theory is not necessarily cyclical. Some versions of it are.

4. Alchemy is a practice that hasnt been used in hundred of years. It has relativley little scientific basis. You've spent too much time wathcing Fullmetal Alchemist. (and quantum theory says you can get something from nothing) (sting theory further correct this problem by starting with something.)

5. Evolution is beautiful love

6. You should understand something before you judge it. cool

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 09:21 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

i know wat the hell alchemy is i had to do a report on it

Lilypop Shots on XBOX

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 09:43 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Then you must know that alchemy is not pertenant to the big bang theory.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 09:48 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

There’s plenty of theoretical and observational evidence to support Big Bang. There is no evidence to suggest the Universe “recycles” itself. On the contrary. Discoveries in 1998 shows that currently the Universe is not only expanding, it is doing so at an increasingly higher rate – the expansion is accelerating.
To understand HOW the Big Bang came about, study some quantum mechanics, especially Heisenbergs Uncertainty principles.

There is no evidence to suggest humans inhabit this planet for any “higher” or “intelligent” reasons. Our ability to contemplate our place in the Universe does not equal a special place, nor that we were put here for any reason.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 09:58 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote