KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » God Spoke the Universe into Existance..

God Spoke the Universe into Existance..
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

God Spoke the Universe into Existance..

I was meditating on this and i found it just incredible to know that God spoke the universe into existence. But I went even deeper. I sort of went into how he actually may've done it. Like what tongue was he speaking in. Or what gestures did he make. He probably used a tongue that was just unimaginably astounding. Like this big hum of enormously loud sounds, heard simultaneously through every inch of space in space. Ridiculously louds galactic sounds that were beyond words and letters and math and space and time. Sounds that are just impossibly complicated and sophisticated to an incalculable degree, to understand with the human ear. And doing this while creating, galaxies, the universe. Just by words.

Wow.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:19 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

UniVerse
OneWord

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:22 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Words are very powerful. The Bible attests to it frequently and it proves so in life.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:26 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I was meditating on this and i found it just incredible to know that God spoke the universe into existence. But I went even deeper. I sort of went into how he actually may've done it. Like what tongue was he speaking in. Or what gestures did he make. He probably used a tongue that was just unimaginably astounding. Like this big hum of enormously loud sounds, heard simultaneously through every inch of space in space. Ridiculously louds galactic sounds that were beyond words and letters and math and space and time. Sounds that are just impossibly complicated and sophisticated to an incalculable degree, to understand with the human ear. And doing this while creating, galaxies, the universe. Just by words.

Wow.
If you believe in that sort of thing, anyway erm

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:33 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I perfer to think he did it by singing (too much Tolkien perhaps)

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:54 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Wait, didn't your God form creation out of clay? Hmm...yet a ntoher ignored biblical contradiction.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:55 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Alliance
Wait, didn't your God form creation out of clay? Hmm...yet a ntoher ignored biblical contradiction.

No he formed people from clay (just like Odin and most NativeAmerican creaters)

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:55 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I seem to remember saying that stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:57 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I seem to remember saying that stick out tongue

The universe was spoken (or sung if you like Tolkien) in to existance then he shaped humans from the clay of the world so there's no contradiction.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:58 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Aren't humans part of that creation?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:59 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Aren't humans part of that creation?

Nope actually they seem to have been an after thought literally everything else in existance was created first.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:02 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Not according to Genesis 2

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:03 AM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I perfer to think he did it by singing (too much Tolkien perhaps)

If that's what you prefer. In fact you can look at it that way too. It was probably a galactic symphony that would've been way too grand too understand and trillions upon trillions of light years ahead of, or way beyond, the limits of human imagination not even tapped into yet.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:03 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Not according to Genesis 2

RYL?

I'm just thinking about what I remeber from the first few paragraphs.

He does the planet, the seas, the animals and then people right?

If that's what you prefer. In fact you can look at it that way too. It was probably a galactic symphony that would've been way too grand too understand and trillions upon trillions of light years ahead of, or way beyond, the limits of human imagination not even tapped into yet.

I wasn't partly joking about the Tolkien thing. Still the whole coir biulding the universe was awsome.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:07 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: God Spoke the Universe into Existance..

Wow.

There would have to already be a universe in order to speak words into it. I believe there is no beginning.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:07 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

RYL?

I'm just thinking about what I remeber from the first few paragraphs.

He does the planet, the seas, the animals and then people right?

Genesis 1 and 2 seem to have conflicting views on this issue.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:12 AM
FistOfThe North

Re: Re: God Spoke the Universe into Existance..

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
There would have to already be a universe in order to speak words into it. I believe there is no beginning.

I think it's more sensible to believe that before the universe there was nothingness. Meaning nothing there. Not meaning an empty space. There was just nothing there, no space, no time, it was all taken up by God, perhaps. But note that there's a difference in between nothingness and emptiness. There wasn't anything empty to fill in. There was just ...nothing.

Or God was in heaven relaxing and came up with the idea to make this something meaning the elements, space, time, math, us, and create unexplainable things in it and with it.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:18 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: God Spoke the Universe into Existance..

I think it's more sensible to believe that before the universe there was nothingness. Meaning nothing there. Not meaning an empty space. There was just nothing there, no space, no time, it was all taken up by God, perhaps. But note that there's a difference in between nothingness and emptiness. There wasn't anything empty to fill in. There was just ...nothing.

Or God was in heaven relaxing and came up with the idea to make this something meaning the elements, space, time, math, us, and create unexplainable things in it and with it.

Nothingness dose not exist, and there is nothing outside of the universe. Nothingness is full, and all within nothingness is the same; nothingness. You cannot have sound, and with no sound, there is no word.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:40 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Genesis 1 and 2 seem to have conflicting views on this issue.
No they do not. In fact the beginning of Genesis 2 clarifies Genesis 1 as being the order when it says in verse 1 and 2:
"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the sixth day (ie. the day man was created) God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made."

Also notice that according to Genesis 2:5-6 the seas (including the sea creatures) precede man and that plants also precede man. Ultimately Genesis 2 never indicates that it is chronolgical sequence whereas Genesis 1 does.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:56 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I wasn't partly joking about the Tolkien thing.

Yikes major typo! I WAS partly joking about the Tolkien thing.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:57 AM