KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » You cannot Prove God's existence.

You cannot Prove God's existence.
Started by: JacopeX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Warning You cannot Prove God's existence.

Or prove that the bible is all fake. It is actually based on faith. I am catholic and I believe that faith is what you have even if your a non believer, or Christian, catholic, Muslim, etc. You cant prove god is real or not. Thats impossible really, as well as proving the existence of god wrong. All I have is faith, and I will always believe in god and my religion, holy spirit, Holy Catholic church, and life everlasting.

So, I think it is pretty pointless to try to prove that God and the bible is true or false. If you don't believe in god, that is fine with me. You just don't have faith with it. You don't believe in a god. Does not mean you should try to ruin it all with so many things. We have our defence of our religion as well, but in my opinion, its all faith. So lets end the whole debate and move on. big grin

Thoughts?

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:19 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Proof to disprove god is out there we just haven't found it yet, when we do the world will spiral into chaos and I will dance in the blood of the pope.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:23 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Absence of proof isn't proof of absence.

We cannot prove his existence nor can we prove he does not exist.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:27 PM
Sorgo X is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo X a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Thats what faith is all about really, having hope in something that all other sources would tell you is wrong.

Science is about facts, Religion is about faith

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:30 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII

For now that holds true but Proof of his of his non-existence will come either by science or by time either way people will either give up faith because there was never a second coming or they will find scientifically proof.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:30 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JacopeX
Or prove that the bible is all fake. It is actually based on faith. I am catholic and I believe that faith is what you have even if your a non believer, or Christian, catholic, Muslim, etc. You cant prove god is real or not. Thats impossible really, as well as proving the existence of god wrong. All I have is faith, and I will always believe in god and my religion, holy spirit, Holy Catholic church, and life everlasting.

So, I think it is pretty pointless to try to prove that God and the bible is true or false. If you don't believe in god, that is fine with me. You just don't have faith with it. You don't believe in a god. Does not mean you should try to ruin it all with so many things. We have our defence of our religion as well, but in my opinion, its all faith. So lets end the whole debate and move on. big grin

Thoughts?
You do realise the story was made up. Are you going to tell us that Tom Sawyer can't be proved non-existant aswell? See, religion is a story that isn't supposed to be taken seriously and shouldn't be taken as fact. That's the problem we have with you people. While we're trying to find out how the world works, you're arguing with us -- saying what some dead guy said was right. By believing the Bible story -- or any story -- you are delusional. You being delusional means anything relative to subject you are delusioned of, makes you wrong.

Yes, we can't prove God's existance or God's non-existance, but who are you to say you're interpretation or what you were told from someone you trusted, loved and was, at the time, depended on is right?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:32 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dirkdirden
Proof to disprove god is out there we just haven't found it yet, when we do the world will spiral into chaos and I will dance in the blood of the pope.
To me that was just sick.

Anyways, I doubt there is any proof out there at all.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:32 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lord xyz
You do realise the story was made up. Are you going to tell us that Tom Sawyer can't be proved non-existant aswell? See, religion is a story that isn't supposed to be taken seriously and shouldn't be taken as fact. That's the problem we have with you people. While we're trying to find out how the world works, you're arguing with us -- saying what some dead guy said was right. By believing the Bible story -- or any story -- you are delusional. You being delusional means anything relative to subject you are delusioned of, makes you wrong.

Yes, we can't prove God's existance or God's non-existance, but who are you to say you're interpretation or what you were told from someone you trusted, loved and was, at the time, depended on is right?
Faith. that is all i will say and let me explain to you why. Tom sawyer first of all is a human. God is not. And I take religion as a belief, not a fact, but my perspective, and among others see it that way. And that is why I go to school to see how the world works. Or course. Not all religious people are what you think they are, and who knows about the majority of them? They might belive something else aswell.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:38 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Seraphim XIII

There is no need to prove he does not exist. It is incumbent upon a person to prove he does. Science is not in the ridiculous business of proving negatives.

Jacopex, your idea falls down at the point where it is being debated whether religion is actively harmful. You can't live and let live if that is so. So the debate goes on.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:43 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Proof of God is best to leave it for Theology and Philosophy.

Science is totally separate.

Would someone use a Biology book to repair a car? Would a carperter use a natural science book as a guide for fixing a wooden table? No, so why use Science to prove things that...don't really have much to do with each other.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:51 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

What does it matter?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:55 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

But many things we explain with science nowadays was once the domain of Religion and Gods- for example diseases being the work of evil spirits, and lighting or earthquakes being the wrath of Gods. So you can say that religion is area not yet discovered as science, from this point of view.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:55 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Proof of God is best to leave it for Theology and Philosophy.

Science is totally separate.

Would someone use a Biology book to repair a car? Would a carperter use a natural science book as a guide for fixing a wooden table? No, so why use Science to prove things that...don't really have much to do with each other.

Science in the future will be able to prove galaxies, planets and life are not created by god. If god didn't create earth, didn't create us, and didn't create the sun what exactly did he do........yeah he'd be finished once that science is proven.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:56 PM
Hydrono
?

Faith. that is all i will say and let me explain to you why. Tom sawyer first of all is a human. God is not. And I take religion as a belief, not a fact, but my perspective, and among others see it that way. And that is why I go to school to see how the world works. Or course. Not all religious people are what you think they are, and who knows about the majority of them? They might belive something else aswell.

Sure you can believe in god, I can’t prove you wrong but I can show you overwhelming evidence to doubt the concept of god. My particular belief is called Agnostic-Atheism.

Imagination is more important than knowledge... --Albert Einstein--

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:56 PM
Hydrono is currently offline Click here to Send Hydrono a Private Message Find more posts by Hydrono Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

What does it matter?

You cannot prove a pink unicorns existence either and we don't base our judgment on the teachings of said unicorn. It matters. A lot.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by dirkdirden
Science in the future will be able to prove galaxies, planets and life are not created by god. If god didn't create earth, didn't create us, and didn't create the sun what exactly did he do........yeah he'd be finished once that science is proven.

Last I heard Science "discovers" not "proves" things. If you want to prove something then you have to be a forensic scientist and prove someone use a knife to kill the victim.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:59 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Melkor
But many things we explain with science nowadays was once the domain of Religion and Gods- for example diseases being the work of evil spirits, and lighting or earthquakes being the wrath of Gods. So you can say that religion is area not yet discovered as science, from this point of view.
YOU CANT compare science and religion.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:59 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

What does it matter?

and you cannot disprove it. point?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 09:00 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

YOU CANT compare science and religion.

Yes you can in many, many aspects.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Last I heard Science "discovers" not "proves" things. If you want to prove something then you have to be a forensic scientist and prove someone use a knife to kill the victim.

Science also proves.

Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRH
Grand Poobah

So your saying we should end the debate and close the forum?

Sig By pittman

TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote