KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is it possible.... (mostly for Christians)

Is it possible.... (mostly for Christians)
Started by: BobbyD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Is it possible.... (mostly for Christians)

For a person to enjoy life to its fullest, try their best to be good, perform good deeds where and when possible/necessary, be a chronic (apologetic) sinner, recognize Christ as your savior, and ultimately be doomed for hell?

Old Post May 4th, 2007 04:39 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

According to the Bible, no. If you apologize for your sins, and recognize JC as your savior, you get into heaven: [paraphrasing] "There is no way to heaven but through me"

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:04 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Strangelove
According to the Bible, no. If you apologize for your sins, and recognize JC as your savior, you get into heaven: [paraphrasing] "There is no way to heaven but through me"

If possible Stangelove, let's leave the Bible out of this one. How do you personally feel about it, if you can give a detached decision?

Thanks for your response. smile

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:06 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Strange! A Christian asking to leave the bible out of a conversation.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:08 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Strange! A Christian asking to leave the bible out of a conversation.

I'm hoping to find his personal feeling on the matter.

.....not those of authors who have received divine inspiration and/or have written down words altered throughout the years from those divinely inspired. wink

Did that make sense? confused

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:16 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Well, I'm an agnostic, I really don't give a shit, in the end. I prefer to live in the present than to worry about the possibility of an afterlife.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:18 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by BobbyD
I'm hoping to find his personal feeling on the matter.

.....not those of authors who have received divine inspiration and/or have written down words altered throughout the years from those divinely inspired. wink

Did that make sense? confused

It makes sense, but I wonder if you will get any Christians to step up and tell you how they feel without adhering to doctrine.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:19 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

It makes sense, but I wonder if you will get any Christians to step up and tell you how they feel without adhering to doctrine.

Indeed. I may one of the very few (Christians) who thinks the way I do, Shaky...think we've been through this before....but, I don't believe because a book tells what I should believe or need to believe. I believe in spite of the "Good Book".

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:26 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Indeed. I may one of the very few (Christians) who thinks the way I do, Shaky...think we've been through this before....but, I don't believe because a book tells what I should believe or need to believe. I believe in spite of the "Good Book".

Well, that sounds reasonable to me, and I will check back on this thread to see how it is going. wink

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:28 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Well, that sounds reasonable to me, and I will check back on this thread to see how it is going. wink

Are you curious to see its responses? confused

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:29 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Are you curious to see its responses? confused

Yes. big grin

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:33 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yeah, me too.

Especially JIA

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:40 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Yeah, me too.

Especially JIA

Strange, please see a question I posed to you...several posts ago.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:41 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Yeah, me too.

Especially JIA

Yes, JIA please come to this thread and answer BobbyD gracious question in the manner he requested. I promise I will give you a pass, and not harass you. big grin

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:45 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Strange, please see a question I posed to you...several posts ago.
I answered it.....

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:48 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I answered it.....

Sorry. (blonde moment).

Thanks again. wink

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:58 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Sorry. (blonde moment).

Thanks again. wink
no prob

Old Post May 4th, 2007 06:03 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I really don't give a shit, in the end.
But that is where it comes out of doesn't it? stick out tongue

Old Post May 4th, 2007 06:33 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

For a person to enjoy life to its fullest, try their best to be good, perform good deeds where and when possible/necessary, be a chronic (apologetic) sinner, recognize Christ as your savior, and ultimately be doomed for hell?

"Enjoying life to its fullest" has nothing to do with Christianity, and "good deeds" have nothing to do with salvation. But, no, the person would not be doomed to hell.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 07:10 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FeceMan
"Enjoying life to its fullest" has nothing to do with Christianity, and "good deeds" have nothing to do with salvation. But, no, the person would not be doomed to hell.

thumb up

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post May 4th, 2007 07:29 PM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote