KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Anointed Spiritual Music

Anointed Spiritual Music
Started by: JesusIsAlive

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anointed Spiritual Music

Know any anointed spiritual music that you would like to share?

Anointed in the way that I mean it is singing/music that exalts, magnifies, praises, and glorifies the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that is inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Some songs are more inspired of God than others. Those who yield to the Spirit of God receive the greatest inspiration, and their songs are the most anointed. An anointed song will always glorify, exalt, and magnify God.

Below are some examples of Holy Spirit inspired songs. People who have yielded to the Holy Spirit's inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlvzLRW2wmM (Mary Alessi - Hero)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hILa...feature=related (Mark Schultz - I Am)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxP...feature=related (Chris Tomlin - How Great Is Our God)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YmD00iAzU (Phillips, Craig, and Dean - Here I Am To Worship)

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Last edited by JesusIsAlive on Dec 8th, 2009 at 05:04 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:50 PM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Much as it pains me to respond to a JIA thread with something other than sarcasm, I used to listen to a fair amount of Christian music. Some of it I now make fun of myself for (Raze) and others still hold up ok since their release (Jars of Clay, Michelle Tumes), while others were lost in a deluge of both apathy toward the genre and time (Audio Adrenaline, Michael what's-his-nuts).

Good music is good music. I'll be honest and say I rarely listen to the words or "message" of a song...there's very little that seems more vapid to me that deriving any kind of philosophical purpose from pop culture entertainment that presents itself in 3-5 minute blurbs. But if the tune works, then it works, regardless of the genre. So I don't mind a few of the albums I still keep around.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 8th, 2009 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 08:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Much as it pains me to respond to a JIA thread with something other than sarcasm, I used to listen to a fair amount of Christian music. Some of it I now make fun of myself for (Raze) and others still hold up ok since their release (Jars of Clay, Michelle Tumes), while others were lost in a deluge of both apathy toward the genre and time (Audio Adrenaline, Michael what's-his-nuts).

Good music is good music. I'll be honest and say I rarely listen to the words or "message" of a song...there's very little that seems more vapid to me that deriving any kind of philosophical purpose from pop culture entertainment that presents itself in 3-5 minute blurbs. But if the tune works, then it works, regardless of the genre. So I don't mind a few of the albums I still keep around.

Wow! I'm just the opposite. To me the words are what I listen to first. However, I have to agree with your assessment of popular music. That is why I don't listen to most of it.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 08:59 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

No

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:37 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hate contemporary christian. This man has billy joel-like skills and moving lyrics and tunes. This is what I listen to when i'm down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ3lvN4tQmY

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 03:03 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Re: Anointed Spiritual Music

My definition.

These 3 came to mind.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 07:49 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Free Man
I hate contemporary christian. This man has billy joel-like skills and moving lyrics and tunes. This is what I listen to when i'm down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ3lvN4tQmY

Interesting choice.

I endorse any music that glorifies the Lord.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 03:12 PM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Anointed Spiritual Music

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
My definition.

These 3 came to mind.

Nice music but I was expecting Christian songs.

Last edited by JesusIsAlive on Dec 9th, 2009 at 03:16 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 03:13 PM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

You make fun of Christian music?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 03:14 PM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 04:37 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Nice music but I was expecting Christian songs.
How about this

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:25 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Are you that surprised.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:26 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

No, I make fun of myself for having once liked it. Bad music is bad music, regardless of genre and "message." Besides, should we really be looking too hard into song lyrics? I mean, really? None of them, not the most wonderful, complex songs ever, amount to a comprehensive argument or message. It just isn't the correct medium for imparting meaning, imo....feelings, idioms, etc. sure. But it's just aesthetically pleasing, or not, depending on the song.

Also, did you really only glean this one idea from my earlier paragraphs, where I also say that there's Christian music I do like? Try not to miss the point.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Wow! I'm just the opposite. To me the words are what I listen to first. However, I have to agree with your assessment of popular music. That is why I don't listen to most of it.

Hell, there's dozens of songs that I've heard upwards of 100 times that I barely know the lyrics to. My favorite bands are ones that mix orchestral sounds with metal, though. So while I enjoy the sense of something epic going on in the lyrics, I don't really need the details. The music itself is plenty.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 9th, 2009 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 09:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Good music is good music. I'll be honest and say I rarely listen to the words or "message" of a song...there's very little that seems more vapid to me that deriving any kind of philosophical purpose from pop culture entertainment that presents itself in 3-5 minute blurbs. But if the tune works, then it works, regardless of the genre.
Ditto.

Wow! I'm just the opposite. To me the words are what I listen to first.
More Taupin than John, are ye...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Dec 10th, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 12:11 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Mindship
...More Taupin than John, are ye...

Ya, when Elton stopped working with Bernie, I lost interest in his music. When he returned to working with Bernie, I was interested again. big grin

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 03:34 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

They were a great team.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 04:52 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Mindship
They were a great team.

But you will not find any "anointed" music in their collection. What ever "anointed" music is.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 05:57 PM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4n-Go5HJaI (Chris Tomlin - Exalted [Yahweh])

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 07:09 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

OK, now everyone go here...

http://www.secretplaceministries.org/pages/music.html

Now this thread can be closed. big grin

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Dec 10th, 2009 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 07:31 PM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK, now everyone go here...

http://www.secretplaceministries.org/pages/music.html

Now this thread can be closed. big grin

Niiiiiiiiiice.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 02:02 AM