KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » thoughts on your religion

thoughts on your religion
Started by: red joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
red joker
joker

Worried thoughts on your religion

just want to say that i don't have a religion. for a few reasons, don't need to read a book on how i should live my life. don't need someone to tell me that im wrong in gods eyes. let me ask you are you god if not then worry about yourself. i can pick out a few religions i dislike the most but that is just my option. but my main reason for not fallowing religion is simple its fake. anyone can create there own religion if they have followers. so that means you don't like one just like a buffet grab another plate. now just cause i have no religion don't mean i don't worship my own way. pray ever night before bed. try not to judge others and all that good stuff. cause the facts are one angels envy us cause were gods favorite. witch brings me to the most obvious point of all god created us all. gave us all free will to think and act on our own. he has our whole life mapped out. and if you ask yourself what does he got in store for me. and this is what i got from religion so in turn he knows that i walk my own line and if it don't take me to him ill wonder around earth in limbo. don't believe in hell. well i do but he don't send you there. necessary evil my friends that is why we have all of it around one to test us and our willpower to him and to ourselves. without evil we could have no good. we would all be the same. so my religion is simple pray for what i have, and who i love and or care about. plus a little bit of help from him. that is my thought on religion you don't need one to reach god or be spiritual. that is just a line of bull shit that people say. big grin

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 07:06 AM
red joker is currently offline Click here to Send red joker a Private Message Find more posts by red joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

How can you be so religious, and not have a religion?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 03:06 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How can you be so religious, and not have a religion?

Inherent logical contradictions are the foundation of many religious beliefs.

The thread seems to have no clear direction though, so I don't know how to respond.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 04:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I don't have a religion. Pagan sounds kinda cool though.

Otherwise, I just treat other people how I would like to be treated. That's not a religion though even if Jesus said first, but then again maybe he didn't. And maybe there isn't a Jesus too or maybe a different type of Jesus, heck, maybe I used to be Jesus, but then I would be talking about reincarnation. Is that a religion? Maybe it's just a belief. Are beliefs and religions the same?

Now my head hurts.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 04:20 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Deja~vu
I don't have a religion. Pagan sounds kinda cool though.

Otherwise, I just treat other people how I would like to be treated. That's not a religion though even if Jesus said first, but then again maybe he didn't. And maybe there isn't a Jesus too or maybe a different type of Jesus, heck, maybe I used to be Jesus, but then I would be talking about reincarnation. Is that a religion? Maybe it's just a belief. Are beliefs and religions the same?

Now my head hurts.

Me too. wacko laughing stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 04:25 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

laughing out loud

If I used to be Jesus, would you respect me more??

And if not, why?

Now, that's a good question.

Gemini thinking gets in the way sometimes. LOL

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 04:29 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

laughing out loud

If I used to be Jesus, would you respect me more??

And if not, why?

Now, that's a good question.

No, but I would also not respect you less.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 04:30 PM
Deja~vu
Dreamer

But they wrote a book about me. sad

They said I was really special.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 04:33 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

But they wrote a book about me. sad

They said I was really special.

You are special:

Last edited by Digi on Apr 17th, 2010 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 04:44 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Way to ruin the already ruined thread. Ruiner.

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 04:59 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Way to ruin the already ruined thread. Ruiner.

It's what I do best. Oh wait, were you talking to me or Deja~vu? laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 05:04 PM
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I think hei's talking to you....Hehe

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 06:44 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Nothing kills a page like a pic that makes you scroll to read other posts.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 08:44 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Digi
Nothing kills a page like a pic that makes you scroll to read other posts.

embarrasment Sorry! Anyone know how to make the image smaller?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 08:51 PM
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I always thought that men like to magnify their thoughts... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 09:45 PM
Impediment
Endless

I like my beliefs.

Atheism is not a religion, contrary to what the majority says.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2010 12:34 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Impediment
I like my beliefs.

Atheism is not a religion, contrary to what the majority says.

Then why bring it up?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2010 12:35 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

embarrasment Sorry! Anyone know how to make the image smaller?

Yes. It's called "I'm a mod and just edited out the pic."

stick out tongue

Also, use image hosting sites like photobucket or imageshack to upload it, and it will let you post thumbnails.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2010 01:39 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Then why bring it up?

Probably a lack of confidence.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2010 01:42 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Then why bring it up?

Probably because the title of the thread reads: "Thoughts on your religion." I felt it necessary to point out such simplistic stereotypes as to such of my belief structure, since I wanted to participate in the thread.

I figured you as more polite than to say as such.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Probably a lack of confidence.

I would post a long retort, since you so callously "figured me out" with your tact, but I shan't do such, since I have now deemed you not worth the effort. All I can say is that my level of confidence is light years ahead of yours. Bravo to you for deducing a complete stranger based on a singular post.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Apr 17th, 2010 at 05:03 AM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2010 04:51 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote