KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is Christianity really a pagan religion?

Is Christianity really a pagan religion?
Started by: Okieshowedem

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Okieshowedem

Is Christianity really a pagan religion?

According to the information we can read here it is very much a pagan religion.
Rev.12:9 states that Satan has deceived the whole world, this includes the Christians too.
Come to think about it , the Scriptures say that The Heavenly Father is not the author of confusion.
What could be more confusing than to have all those brands of the Christian religion teaching that they are the one with the truth.
How can this be when they are so very different in the doctrines?

http://www.yahweh.com/htmls/12-2013-PW/12-2013pw.html
What do you believe?

Okie

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 01:29 AM
Okieshowedem is currently offline Click here to Send Okieshowedem a Private Message Find more posts by Okieshowedem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Pretty sure "Pagan" is a term that designates non-Christian/pre-Christian European religions, so Christianity would be by definition not Pagan.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:35 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

You may be thinking of how most Christian holidays are on what were previously known as pagan holidays.

Emperor Constantine [? if not him, some Roman emperor] - when he became Christian, and he wanted people to convert, he put the new Christian holidays on the Sun God's holidays so that it would be easier to remember. Of course, this was also the same guy who said that the Messiah could be only man OR divine, and not both.... which later comes a big issue that Christians deal with even today.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 05:51 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It certainly developed out of Pagan religions, but by definition of the word, it's not.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 06:01 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It certainly developed out of Pagan religions, but by definition of the word, it's not.

There is nothing pagan about Christianity.

Christ instituted His church (i.e. His called out ones).

He originated its doctrine which He heard, learned, and saw from His Father.

We are simply disciples, followers, believers of/in the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Followers of Christ and His Word were contemptuously referred to as Christians.

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Nov 21st, 2013 05:57 PM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by JesusIsAlive

We are simply disciples, followers, believers of/in the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Just like Catholics. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 21st, 2013 06:13 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Response 2 posts that way ^

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Nov 21st, 2013 06:36 PM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Pagan is a word created by Christians to describe non-Christians. It usually meant we are going to kill you. So, us pagan don't like the word. It is kind of like the N word.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2013 07:59 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Sidestepping semantics, Christianity has a lot of pagan roots, influences, and so on. Just ask Lillith, Ba'al, or Beezlbub.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2013 08:19 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Sidestepping semantics, Christianity has a lot of pagan roots, influences, and so on. Just ask Lillith, Ba'al, or Beezlbub.

They took the gods of the people they conquered, and made then subject of the Christian god. That makes the people who worshiped those gods subjects to Christianity.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2013 08:46 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

You know, no one conquers a people and forces them to wear certain hats or eat eggs with ketchup. Why do people forcibly convert others to their religion?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2013 09:16 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

You know, no one conquers a people and forces them to wear certain hats or eat eggs with ketchup. Why do people forcibly convert others to their religion?

Fear of death. If no one is a Christian, then Christianity is a dead religion. That seems counter to their superiority complex, but that is the driving force. You don't want satan to win even though there is no way for satan to win.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2013 09:22 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Apparently it's easier to control the masses when they consider you a chosen embodiment of their deity/creed. If only someone told the Persians or Mongols that. They loved them some religious tolerance.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2013 10:18 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I love that you don't know the history of your own religion. smile

Old Post Dec 31st, 2013 11:45 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I love that you don't know the history of your own religion. smile

Heh. I get the same feeling sometimes when I see ignorance, but it's actually more terrifying and sad than anything. A big shift in my mentality occurred when I stopped seeing potentially harmful ignorance as amusing and started seeing it as deplorable.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2013 11:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Oh, believe me. I smile only because I don't want to cry...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2014 12:56 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
They took the gods of the people they conquered, and made then subject of the Christian god. That makes the people who worshiped those gods subjects to Christianity.

It was actually worse than that. The process you describe was one in use by the Romans and Persians, but in Christianity, the gods of the Caanites weren't just demoted, they were made into demons.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2014 03:23 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Omega Vision
It was actually worse than that. The process you describe was one in use by the Romans and Persians, but in Christianity, the gods of the Caanites weren't just demoted, they were made into demons.

thumb up

Originally posted by Digi
Heh. I get the same feeling sometimes when I see ignorance, but it's actually more terrifying and sad than anything. A big shift in my mentality occurred when I stopped seeing potentially harmful ignorance as amusing and started seeing it as deplorable.
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Oh, believe me. I smile only because I don't want to cry...

(please log in to view the image)

And yes, a lot of fundamentalist evangelical Christians are totally ignorant about Christian history, but what do you expect from a sect that teaches coercion and conversion is a virtue?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2014 04:18 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

They also disconnect themselves from the hideous past of Christianity by saying that Catholics are not Christians.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 05:29 PM
siriuswriter

Welp, sorry, but the term "Christian" means someone who believe that Jesus Christ was resurrected, that he did it as a sacrifice to the human race, and that he was God on earth.

... Which makes Catholics Christians.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2014 06:35 PM