KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Nightmare vs. Devil Jin

Nightmare vs. Devil Jin
Started by: Tallis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tallis
Angel In Hell

Nightmare vs. Devil Jin

Nightmare
(please log in to view the image)

vs.

Devil Jin

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 02:00 AM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyDo3

this is so unfair Nightmare has that big ass sword while Devil jin has his fist

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 04:11 AM
JohnnyDo3 is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyDo3 a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyDo3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

yea but nightmare is slow as hell and devil jin can fly, so all it takes is one miss and jin can just do continous combos and kill him

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 04:47 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Goonewadena

HI

I relise this post ended a while back but I just had to say, that all though nightmare has a sword and armour, devil jin has his laser beams and could just stand away and continiously beam him

Old Post Dec 11th, 2006 05:45 PM
Goonewadena is currently offline Click here to Send Goonewadena a Private Message Find more posts by Goonewadena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

obviously you havent played SC3. Nightmare has long range attacks as well

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 12:38 AM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Nightmare is a beast. Not sure if a Devil Jin stomping beast, but none the less a beast.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 01:15 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

DJ's a beast too, and a powerful one at that, considering he's Tekken's poster boy souped upstick out tongue.

No but seriously, considering DJ is quite fast and powerful and has those Hex visions to boot, whereas Nightmare lacks speed and comboing ability but his power and Soul Edge(I assume he has itstick out tongue) make up for it....I'd say they're quite evenly matched.....Don't know much about Nightmare though, so I'm going to have to side with DJ on this one, until I get more info on NM.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Dec 15th, 2006 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 02:02 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Muck101
America, #@^& yeah!

You've gotta be joking. Sword or no, and as badass as Nightmare is, theres no contest. Jin all the way. Did we forget the whole laser thing? And the flying? (although most of you have probably touched on those. Im too lazy to read it all.)

God bless america, bitches! smokin'
Thanks beta ray howard!!!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 02:32 AM
Muck101 is currently offline Click here to Send Muck101 a Private Message Find more posts by Muck101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I made a thread like this a while back, and concluded that both characters would come to a standstill. The reason is Jin gets a huge upgrade after absorbing Jinpachi's power, and Nightmare draws his power from human souls, and can always become more powerful. Despite Jin having some advantages over Nightmare, such as flight and longe range attacks (Laser Beam), Nightmare still holds immense power, and can damage Jin by several means. Here's the videos of them both.

Nightmare

Devil Jin

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Dec 15th, 2006 at 04:12 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 03:59 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Heh, I beleive I sided with Nightmare in the last thread like this, and I havn't seen anything that has changed my mind... Nightmare is a frigging monster, with the demonstrated ability to go against entire armies (Literally hundreds, even thousands of men, armed with their steel armour and carrying all sorts of weaponry).

Lasers and flight you say? those beams are a little too easy to anticipate, and they leave DJ open for far too long... Nightmare has considerably more strength in his attacks (Obviously he has a sword)... His range is also considerably better than DJ's, because he has to rely on his fists and feet... Plus, Nightmare has this really cool move, where he produces shockwaves (it also acts as an auto blocker)...

Pure storyline speaking, Nightmare's sword gives him a range of different abilities, such as unnaturally long life, superhuman strength and endurance, and the sword feeds on souls, making him stronger...

DJ is strong, no question, but there's little chance of him walking away from a Psychotic Supernaturally enhanced knight wielding a Demon sword thats bigger than Jin is...

No question in my mind, Nightmare wins.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 05:09 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still think they're tied.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 01:38 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
I still think they're tied.

Do you have any explanations as to why? Oh and don't forget, the Jinpachi Powerup is inadmissable since it's not canon.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 02:42 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Do you have any explanations as to why? Oh and don't forget, the Jinpachi Powerup is inadmissable since it's not canon.

For Nightmare to be as powerful as he's shown to be, he first needs to gather a lot of souls to become stronger; The same thing applies to Devil Jin. He can just approach people, overcome them and take their power, since he has that ability. So, I think it's fair that we let both characters reach a level of power that's on par. Otherwise, Nightmare and Jin would be watered down fighting against each other.

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Dec 16th, 2006 at 05:42 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 05:35 AM
Darkstorm Zero

For Nightmare to be as powerful as he's shown to be, he first needs to gather a lot of souls to become stronger; The same thing applies to Devil Jin. He can just approach people, overcome them and take their power, since he has that ability. So, I think it's fair that we let both characters reach a level of power that's on par. Otherwise, Nightmare and Jin would be watered down fighting against each other.

Not really, since Nightmare has acheived that level of power canonically speaking, whereas, DJ has NEVER drained Jinpachi canonically... you can only use their highest official showing, and Nightmares is way up there.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:31 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Not really, since Nightmare has acheived that level of power canonically speaking, whereas, DJ has NEVER drained Jinpachi canonically... you can only use their highest official showing, and Nightmares is way up there.

Alright then, Jin goes off somewhere to achieve more power. Nightmare can't do jack shit about that. He isn't going to follow him considering he can't, and Jin could gain as much power as he can if he wanted to. He could overcome Kazuya and Heihachi like he did before, and take their power. Do you recall Ogre becoming a lot more powerful after inheriting Heihachi's power? Just think of Jin absorbing Kazuya, who is Devil technically speaking. He'd have as much power; if not, more than he'd have if he gained Jinpachi's power.

If you were too lazy to read all that, Jin can simply go somewhere to get stronger, and Nightmare isn't able to stop him from achieving his goal.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 07:45 PM
Toshiru
I has a titlez

Nightmare wins 8/10. Nightmare's sword give him an advantage

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:13 PM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Nightmare vs. Devil Jin

Originally posted by Tallis
Nightmare

vs.

Devil Jin

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Dec 16th, 2006 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:20 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blanka
Nightmare wins 8/10. Nightmare's sword give him an advantage

How's Nightmare going to hit him with the sword when Jin's thousands of feet above him?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:25 PM
Darkstorm Zero

Alright then, Jin goes off somewhere to achieve more power. Nightmare can't do jack shit about that. He isn't going to follow him considering he can't, and Jin could gain as much power as he can if he wanted to. He could overcome Kazuya and Heihachi like he did before, and take their power. Do you recall Ogre becoming a lot more powerful after inheriting Heihachi's power? Just think of Jin absorbing Kazuya, who is Devil technically speaking. He'd have as much power; if not, more than he'd have if he gained Jinpachi's power.

If you were too lazy to read all that, Jin can simply go somewhere to get stronger, and Nightmare isn't able to stop him from achieving his goal.

You want to give Jin an unsolicited advantage because he can't beat Nightmare's highest showing himself?

Jin never drained anyone canonically, and he only drained Jinpachi in an unofficial ending... Nightmare trounces Jin in his highest showing, and if you want to take the road you just described, then Nightmare will have ample time to drain the souls of thousands of people, making him even stronger...

And, just for added effect, Nightmare's power, when the Soul Edge has been well fed, affects things across the planet (Taki's blades losing their strength, the whole evil seed thing, turning peole evil, effacting wether patterns into unnatural states, weakening both good and evil energy everywhere...

No, at best, Jin still gets trounced by Nightmare's highest powers.

Oh one more thing, If DJ retreats, that counts as a victory for Nightmare... so running away to gain more power is a loss for DJ. smile

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:54 AM
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Nightmare

Siegfried Schtauffen is such a Cloud wannabe, lol

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 02:29 PM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote