KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Gen vs. Gouki

Gen. Vs. Gouki
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Gouki "Messatsu....." 5 62.50%
Gen "Zan-ei shadow fist!" 0 0%
don't give a rat's ass 0 0%
M.A.D. (Mutually assured destruction) 3 37.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gen vs. Gouki
Started by: TricksterPriest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Gen vs. Gouki

Now this is a classic match. We all know what the canon result was. But here's a what-if? What it was a fair fight? What if Gen wasn't weakened and dying from Leukemia?

Gen: Master of several chinese martial arts, pressure points, respected assasin in HK, the only SF character to be able to switch styles in mid fight and, also the only person to ever survive the shun goku satsu.

Gouki: The greatest living master of Shotokan Ansatsuken, killer of his own brother Gouken, of his master Goutetsu, of M. Bison, of Gill (Gill ressurrected, unknown to Gouki, but the point stands wink ) only living master of the shun goku satsu technique.

This fight is generally considered to have ended in Gen's demise, due to his condition and gradual weakening. What happens this time? The raging demon vs. the master assasin. Ready..., FIGHT!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:01 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Gouki still takes it, but i'm a fanboy, i imagine if i wasn't probably Gen BUT i am so HA

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:53 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

You haven't read much of the street fighter canon, have you? Ok, Gouki takes it according to you. Tell me why.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 11:12 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

3 words man, Shun-Goku-Satsu

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 11:17 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kaled
3 words man, Shun-Goku-Satsu

Which gen, and any perosn versed in mysticism can escape.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 11:26 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

*sighs* alright its because Gouki is just way better than Gen, he's stronger, faster and Ansatsuken is argueably the best fighting art in the games

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 11:30 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Ok, first off, Ashtar is right, Gen is so far the only person to be able to defeat the shun goku satsu. 2nd, Gen is a master assasin, have you ever played as him in SFA2? He's one of the best characters in the game. Gen has a super called the death touch. When hit, a countdown timer appears above the opponent's head, which goes down for each hit landed during the super. When the timer goes to zero, the opponent takes damage and is automatically dizzied. At level 3, the damage is very high. He also has the Kouga technique, which is like a slower version of Spiderman's maximum spider from MVC2.

That being said, this is a very close fight. With the shun goku satsu being a non-factor, it depends on who can land the better super.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 11:39 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

This fight is arguably the closest matchup in the SF verse. I'll admit Gen is an expert character, and if he wasn't an ill guy in a deathmatch, that fight could have gone either way. Plus the feat of nullifying the usually garunteed death of the Shun Goku Satsu is a feat worthy of my respect and praise. Hell man, in the Udon Comics, Gen actually DEFEATED a younger Akuma.

But, I still firmly beleive Akuma is the stronger of the two combatants, why? his feats since Alpha speak for themselves, ever since the Alpha 2 encounter with Gen, Akuma has gotten a whole lot stronger, by leaps and bounds, I don't think Gen has what it takes to challenge him anymore.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:14 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

^ once again same, minus some of the logics, and know-how, and you'd better chuck in some randomness an such, but yep agreed 100%

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:18 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Hmm, good point. Gouki has gotten far too strong at this point. Ok, it's obvious Gouki is too strong right now. But what about when he fought Gen? I'm making a change.

Gen (SFA2) vs. Gouki (SFA2)

Now the two are far more closely matched. Darkstorm, you're still sticking with Gouki?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:18 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Dim mak (Death touch) has no effect on gouki, he ate Zan Ei' like nothing.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:19 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hmm, good point. Gouki has gotten far too strong at this point. Ok, it's obvious Gouki is too strong right now. But what about when he fought Gen? I'm making a change.

Gen (SFA2) vs. Gouki (SFA2)

Now the two are far more closely matched. Darkstorm, you're still sticking with Gouki?

hmmm, your right its alot closer, but it still think Gouki would win

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:21 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Gen should be able to win, his experience goes a long way.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:23 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Yes, I have to say, even though the fight is considerably closer under those rules, i'm sticking with Gouki. hie's willingness to go all out right from the start against a truly worthy challenger makes him a better candidate, I know Gen has the same streak in him, but Gouki's overflowing Ki advantage here would most likely win the day for him.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:23 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Yes, I have to say, even though the fight is considerably closer under those rules, i'm sticking with Gouki. hie's willingness to go all out right from the start against a truly worthy challenger makes him a better candidate, I know Gen has the same streak in him, but Gouki's overflowing Ki advantage here would most likely win the day for him.

Gen can use Ki like gouki as well, it's jst not visible to the human eye.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:24 AM
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

yeah but even so, Gouki is a more serious opponent, and does attack with more aggresion....like a sith no expression

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:27 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Gen can use Ki like gouki as well, it's jst not visible to the human eye.

I know that, but the Levels Gouki produces are far in exess of that, thats why I said Superior ki capability, rather than he has use of Ki and Gen does not, therefore Akuma has a serious advantage stick out tongue

Still, Gen has shown to be able to block significant Ki energy attacks before...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:38 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

yeah but even so, Gouki is a more serious opponent, and does attack with more aggresion....like a sith no expression

That's the nature of his style, it doesn't make him any better.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:40 AM
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
That's the nature of his style, it doesn't make him any better.

well, it sorta does, most games i'v ever play its the aggresion that wins, pluss it makes the fight more brutal so its a must for me

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:43 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

well, it sorta does, most games i'v ever play its the aggresion that wins, pluss it makes the fight more brutal so its a must for me

Were going by canon aspects not gameplay, I gouki's style is more brutal. I don't see how it's any better than a style that allows you kill with a touch.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:45 AM