KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » The Mercenaries & Rico Rodriguez vs Solid Snake (Multi Scenarios)

The Mercenaries & Rico Rodriguez vs Solid Snake (Multi Scenarios)
Started by: Darkstorm Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

The Mercenaries & Rico Rodriguez vs Solid Snake (Multi Scenarios)

The proctagonists from both the Mercenaries series and Just Cause do battle against Solid Snake, the legendary soldier.

Rules for all scenarios: they all have access to all their gear and weapons, minus those with mythical properties (Unlimited ammo bandanna for example). All weapons gain infinite ammo anyways, but require reloading when nessisary. nothing active (They must pull out their weapons/gadgets to start them up, so snake doesn't start out cloaked.)

Scenario #1: close quarters, the fight takes place in Metal Gear Rex's hangar, the mercenaries/rico at one end of the floor, and Snake at the other. No vehicles here, but all the barriers and debris is there.

Scenario #2: Fighting in the end's forest, same rules apply here, no vehicles, but Snake starts in Area #1, while the Mercs are in Area 2, and Rico in Area 3. Again, Snake must kill all 4 to clear the forest.

Scenario #3: Fight is in Venezuela, PMC/ Solano's Villa & surrounding area. Mercs/Rico start inside villa, and Snake starts on the driveway leading up to the gate, vehicles are available to both sides, including light/medium tanks. but no aircraft or boats.

Scenario #4: Fight is all of San Esperito. The big one, all vehicles from both Mercs 1 & 2 + Just Cause are available here, but Snake has access to Metal Gear Rex, completely repaired minus the Rail Nuke. Mercs Airstrikes all available minus Nuke Bunker Buster. Rico/Mercs start at the Provincia de la Cruz Safehouse, and Snake starts in the Costa Brava Military Base.

Let the bloodflow Commence!

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 01:49 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

*Bump*, Hmph! Everyone's too busy with all the FF vs debates to even make a post here...

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 06:36 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

*Bump*

I thought quite a huge number of peeps would say Snake pwns or something, but I get nothing...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:00 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Sorry man but I never played Mercenaries.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:01 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Yeah, but I know a few people have. And then theres Rico...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:16 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Is this Old Snake?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

You can use any form of Solid Snake you choose

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:20 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
You can use any form of Solid Snake you choose

Can you tell me or give me a link showing the type of weapons & gadgets the team can access since I'm clueless. Perhaps someone else will jump.

I think I'm going to use both versions because both of them have their pros and cons.

This looks like an interesting match.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:24 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Ergh! providing links from the PS3 is hard...

Mercenaries 1 has a weapon / vehicle listing at GameFAQs.

Unfortunately, Mercs 2 & Just Cause don't have a similar listing, I'll have to type it up using my Game Guides for references, but I'll have to do it on my main computer later.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:37 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Ergh! providing links from the PS3 is hard...

Mercenaries 1 has a weapon / vehicle listing at GameFAQs.

Unfortunately, Mercs 2 & Just Cause don't have a similar listing, I'll have to type it up using my Game Guides for references, but I'll have to do it on my main computer later.

All right man.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:49 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

*Bump*, Hmph! Everyone's too busy with all the FF vs debates to even make a post here...

Did'nt you know if its not a FF related or whatever else thread don't bother making it laughing laughing laughing stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 04:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

FF is the flavor of the week.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 05:08 AM
Darkstorm Zero

I just lost my appetite ... stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 05:24 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The Mercenaries drop a nuke on Snake. The End.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 05:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Snake CQCs the nuke.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 05:28 AM
Darkstorm Zero

The OP clearly states no nukes on either side, and only scenario 4 has airstrikes/aircraft available anyways ...

why don't people read the entire OP beforehand ? sad

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 05:31 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Snake CQCs the nuke.

Snake CQC'ed your brain.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 05:32 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Bumpinated, I'd love to see something in this thread...

Old Post May 19th, 2009 03:20 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'll admit I haven't gotten a chance to play Mercenaries or Just Cause myself, but this seems like a well thought out thread. It would be a shame for it to just die due to lack of interest (****ing FF phags >.> ).

Scenario one, I'm inclined to give it to the mercs. Even with camo, Snake's going to deal with a hail of bullets, and these guys aren't like the regular mooks; they know how to aim.

Scenario two, I give to Snake. He'd have better knowledge of the surrounding area, and he could utilize his camo to its fullest. He drops the mercs one by one a la Predator.

Scenario three, I'm at a toss up. I think with the vehicles, this could go either way, it just depends on who gets the drop on whom.

Scenario four, Snake in Rex stomps, in my opinion. There is a ton of firepower at Snake's command with it, even without the nukes.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 19th, 2009 06:15 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Thanks for replying Xan.

Scenario#1 I'll agree there, even fully armed, SS can only shoot 1 weapon at a time..

Scenario#2 SS has back knowledge of that forest? I doubt it since he's never been there, Naked Snake / Big Boss has, but not Solid Snake...

Scenario#3 I think if Snake could pin them inside the building using the Railgun / missile / rocket launchers long enough to get a Jaguar Tank or Ballard Tank, he could win by bringing the building down on them.

Scenario#4 I dunno about that... the Airstrikes, and the ability to fly jets like the F10 Wraith tips the scale harshly... I don't think REX could even hit a speed demon like the Wraith...

Old Post May 19th, 2009 07:13 PM