KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cloud and Samus vs Link and Mega Man X

Cloud and Samus vs Link and Mega Man X
Started by: Acrosurge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Cloud and Samus vs Link and Mega Man X

Samus (Metroid Prime) teams up with Cloud (FFVII) against Link (LoZ:TP) and Mega Man X (Mega Man X: Command Mission).

The fight takes place on top of the Babel Orbital Station from Mega Man X:Command Mission. A pocket of air has been provided for Cloud and Link.

Battle 1: Basic gear. Here's the breakdown -

Samus - Varia Suit, Power Beam (chargeable), Morph Ball (and bombs), and missiles.

Cloud - Buster Sword, Ice Materia, Lightning Bolt Materia, Summon Titan, and the Beam Blade limit break.

Link - Master Sword, Hylian Shield, Hero's Clothes, Hero's Bow (quiver and arrows), Clawshot, and Bombs

X - Standard armor from X:CM equipped with the dash, X-Buster, two Power Charges, the Charge Shot Action Trigger, and the X Fire Hyper Armor (with its abilities).

Battle 2: The fighters are fully equipped with all the gear from the game specifically listed above.

Battle 3: The fighters get access to all of their abilities or weapons from any game in which they've appeared.

Oh yeah, and this one's for you ScreamPaste. Magic and Tech vs Tech and Magic. Who wins and who falls broken?

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Last edited by Acrosurge on Jun 26th, 2009 at 03:05 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 03:00 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Lol, <3 Acro. This'll be fun.

Side note though, you gave Samus a pretty useless teammeate. Anyone in this thread spites Cloud pretty badly. =/

Fight one; Cloud gets his arms torn off, and Mega-man and Link get to team up on Samus, who while intensely durable, I doubt she can kill either of them with just her charge beam/missiles.

Fight two, I don't know Mega-man's end game gear but I do know Samus' and Link's.

Cloud gets his arms torn off, and now Samus has super missiles and a missile spewing flamer thrower. Plus her suit's black, so it looks badass. Still, getting teamed up on makes it kind of bad for her, especially if Mega man has any broken time stops.

Last fight Link rips Cloud's arms off and has the triforce.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 03:19 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Yikes. O_o;

This isn't mean to be spite! Cloud is pretty strong and his Titan Summon and Beam Blade limit break should be somewhat of an equalizer.

And Scream, what did Cloud's arm ever do to you?

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Last edited by Acrosurge on Jun 26th, 2009 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 03:37 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I just like the image of him getting his arms pulled off. First out of socket, then tearing until they're fully detatched and he falls to the ground, and bleeds out.

Unfortunately the realism in my head means he never totally loses the second arm, it's still hanging there, but yeah. It's dead.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 03:49 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Um, Scream, I think there might be something wrong with you ^_^;

I'm going to ask you or a Final Fantasy fan to help me out here:

How can I even the playing field to make Battle 1 more even for Cloud? What can I give his standard arsenal (no advanced, late-game overpower weapons) to make a basic fight fair?

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 03:58 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I hear that a lot.

I'm not sure what you could give him, really. Cloud's best strength feats that I'm aware of don't put him as any stronger than say, Spider-man. Which means he won't be able to damage either Link or Mega man. His Materia's mostly without destructive feats or is pure gameplay. Even Omni-slash has never been shown to do anythign except make Sephiroth die. Destructive feat wise, that's not huge because Seph's never displayed a great deal of durability compared to anyone in this thread.

Imho, ask an FF fan, maybe Killer.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 04:05 PM
NemeBro

*Fight starts, since Link is too slow, he is cut to pieces by Cloud, or Samus blows him to pieces*

smile

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 04:26 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 04:30 PM
NemeBro

That girl looks familiar.

I think I saw her on ED's list of 4chan members.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 04:48 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Is there a fire here? Did just step in it with a bucket of gasoline?

Seriously, my apologies. It wasn't my intention to set off any bombs. I just wanted to create a balanced match with popular characters. I should have put in Mega Man instead of X. >.>

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 04:49 PM
NemeBro

Stfu.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 04:50 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Nemebro's been trolling me for a couple days now.

Edit; Imho though, this thread turns into

1. 2v1 which gheys Samus

2. 2v1 which gheys Samus

3. Link has the triforce, which gheys Samus.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Jun 26th, 2009 at 04:57 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 04:55 PM
NemeBro

Trolling you?

I am dead serious.

Speed kills. And speed is something Link lacks.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 04:57 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Well, we're doing better. Cloud has speed going for him. How fast is he? Does he have feats. How fast is Samus, BTW?

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 05:00 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

A fly's faster than me, but I'm not gonna die because of one.

Samus charge beam has squat for destructuive feats and Cloud's no stronger than Spider man, at BEST.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 05:00 PM
NemeBro

Samus is mach 17 I think, but she can dodge lasers pretty easily.

As for destructive, her missiles should do the job.

Cloud effortlessly dodges and deflects bullets while weakened.

Cloud can be as strong as Spiderman and still be able to kill Link. Since you know, Link has no durability feats outside of gameplay.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 05:02 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Samus is mach 17 I think.
I have never heard this about Samus before. Is it stated that she can move/react at 17 times the speed of sound?

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 05:05 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Not to my knowledge.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 05:08 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

That's a very interesting feat. Where is it from?

Are you using her speed boost power? That would only cover her on one fight. Link and X still rape the first and last.

Acro, I've never played Command Mission but I wanted to. Is it really good?

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 05:40 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Acro, I've never played Command Mission but I wanted to. Is it really good?
The fighting system is pretty good for a turn-based RPG. Very fun and easy to get used to. The story is lacking, IMO, which is a shame given the character potential. Fortunately, X and Zero become ludicrously powerful by the end of the game... just like always. smile

X:Command Mission introduces two active female protagonists, Marino and Cinnamon. Marino is one of my favorite characters. In her bio, it states that her specialty is moving so fast, she cannot be detected. Sadly, the story does not incorporate this trait, but the gameplay does. She can literally speed-blitz opponents indefinitely, so long as you feed her Gain Hypers every five turns or so.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Last edited by Acrosurge on Jun 26th, 2009 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 05:58 PM