KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ryu Hayabusa/Rikimaru vs Strider Hiryu/Joe Musashi

Ryu Hayabusa/Rikimaru vs Strider Hiryu/Joe Musashi
Started by: elfirrepins

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

Ryu Hayabusa/Rikimaru vs Strider Hiryu/Joe Musashi

Ninja action! Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) and Rikimaru (Tenchu) join forces as they face Strider Hiryu (Strider) and Joe Musashi (Shinobi). Their task? Race to the top of the evil tower, where two girls are waiting for them! Rules are:

- Both must make it to the top for it to count as a win.
- They must traverse 8 floors of dooooommmm...
- They must kill a certain amount of opponents to go to the next floor.
- In order to continue they must wait for the other player to be on the same floor as them.
- They are only allowed to bring one weapon and one item each (powers come under the same category as item).

So... Will Strider's wall-climbing beat Rikimaru's Grappling Hook? Will Hayabusa's powers kill more than Musashi's? Lets begin the ninja-chat!!!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 09:58 AM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

So it comes down to which pair has the best speed, dps and/or aoe.. and I believe that would be Ryu. A quick wiki search doesn't put the other 3 on the same level as him.

Ryu and Rikimaru win this if Riki doesn't end up getting killed.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 12:46 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I remember a lot of people argued that Strider was superior to Hayabusa a few years ago.

I don't think any of them are still here though. I have very basic knowledge of Joe and even less of Strider, so I can't make a definitive statement on the fight; however, Rikimaru is likely the weakest on the field. It may help balance the scales.

If not, then what Bloodrain said works too.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 14th, 2011 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 06:34 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Get Ryu someone better than Rikimaru to partner up with...he's like peak human at best.

Hotsuma for Ryu's partner.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 06:45 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah. I like the Tenchu series but part of its appeal is the same reason it's a relatively weak universe. Tenchu is more realistic than most ninja games, although it obviously has fantastic elements too.

Rikimaru/Ayame/Tatsumaru are badasses but they are basically peak humans with ninja tools.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 14th, 2011 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 07:11 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

My knowledge on every1 but Hiryu is out of date. From what I can remember, I don't really think Strider is right 4 this thread. His enemies operate on radically different scales.....galactic scales.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Last edited by Frisky Dingo on Mar 14th, 2011 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 08:26 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

Remember, this isn't about who is the better... It is who will get to the top of the evil tower first. So this is as much about teamwork and speed as it is about power and stuff.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 05:36 AM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Could Strider not enter a floor, move fast enough to leave a copy of himself to help Joe and move on and just rinse and repeat?

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 08:07 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I forgot this wasn't a fight between the teams.

Team 2 probably wins. This is more about speed which Strider and Joe both have. Hayabusa is fast obviously, but Rikimaru would be slower at killing enemies and moving through the tower than the other guys.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 15th, 2011 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 08:46 PM