KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Jin and Kazuya Vs Ryu and Akuma Street fighter Versus Tekken

Jin and Kazuya Vs Ryu and Akuma Street fighter Versus Tekken
Started by: zuleselkie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zuleselkie

Jin and Kazuya Vs Ryu and Akuma Street fighter Versus Tekken

I think I'm more or less getting opinions. A friend of mine is a long time street fighter fan, and says that Ryu could scrape any character from tekken. So I possed what would happen if Jin and Kazuya fought Ryu and Akuma. My argument was that despite Ryu and Akuma being powerful, both Jin and Kazuya have the power to destroy the entire planet, and that ryu and Akuma can not top that level of destruction. Seeing as Jin's grandfather Jinpachi when Jin defeats him, grants jin his power(This being cannon ending of dark resurection) Jin now literly has the power to at will destroy everything on the planet. Kazuya has this latent as well from being of the same power. However it was mentioned in an interview with Katsuhiro Harada (I beleive it was) That The older generation of Jin's family has greater power tapped inside however it is harder to reach the full potential. Not to mention Jin has killed a god, and that the lable for the strongest street fighter I know of would be at the level of demon or demi god at most never a full blown god. If I am wrong would someone please correct me?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 01:32 PM
zuleselkie is currently offline Click here to Send zuleselkie a Private Message Find more posts by zuleselkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samirerre

against AKUMA !???
boy you will woke up the fan boys
if you wont watch out

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 01:50 PM
samirerre is currently offline Click here to Send samirerre a Private Message Find more posts by samirerre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tactical Knee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Edit

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 02:29 PM
Tactical Knee is currently offline Click here to Send Tactical Knee a Private Message Find more posts by Tactical Knee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Akuma is is above anyone in Tekken, but would like to see this Jin/Kazuya planet destroying power just in case.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 02:51 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zuleselkie

You say that, but (and I may be wrong) Didnt ryu beat Akuma at some late ponit yet? I guess I use the end example as this, Jin and Kazuya have killed GODS...and in terms of power comparison and standards no one in the street fighter relm has been a god. The world destroying power they hold is exampled. Ofcoruse they dont show it because if they didnt there wouldnt be an iron first tournement anymore yet if you take the end result of the depth of each individuals power it would come down to that. Albeit most fighters in tekken are normal fighters with no fantastic means other then humanly strength. Yet you have those like Lee, Kazuya, Jin, Heihaichi, Jinpachi, Ogre, Jun, And then there is Dragunov who has power above almost any known human and is able to content with "Devil" jin as is his mission to capture him by the russian command. I realize many fanboys will tell me how I am dead wrong that Ryu alone could take on everyone in tekken..as a few of my own friends say this. Yet I am not doubting the power of any character in Street fighter. I am simply saying that I beleive the max destructive power of Jin and his family members beats out that of Akuma or ryu or any other character in Street fighter.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 03:55 PM
zuleselkie is currently offline Click here to Send zuleselkie a Private Message Find more posts by zuleselkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

There isnt a canon scene where Ryu beats Akuma that Im aware of. And do you mean the omnipotent gods or the guys who are called gods?

Wait if they've never demonstrated planet level power where are you getting that idea from?

Ryu couldnt defeat the top tier of Tekken verse, but the likes of Akuma can.

0:35 Akuma charges a punch that sinks a small island. Thats strength above anyone in Tekken.

If I remember right Devil Jin was capable of something on this level, right? If so the destructive powers are on par, but top tier SF fighters are physically stronger and more durable.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 04:42 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zuleselkie
You say that, but (and I may be wrong) Didnt ryu beat Akuma at some late ponit yet? I guess I use the end example as this, Jin and Kazuya have killed GODS...and in terms of power comparison and standards no one in the street fighter relm has been a god. The world destroying power they hold is exampled. Ofcoruse they dont show it because if they didnt there wouldnt be an iron first tournement anymore yet if you take the end result of the depth of each individuals power it would come down to that. Albeit most fighters in tekken are normal fighters with no fantastic means other then humanly strength. Yet you have those like Lee, Kazuya, Jin, Heihaichi, Jinpachi, Ogre, Jun, And then there is Dragunov who has power above almost any known human and is able to content with "Devil" jin as is his mission to capture him by the russian command. I realize many fanboys will tell me how I am dead wrong that Ryu alone could take on everyone in tekken..as a few of my own friends say this. Yet I am not doubting the power of any character in Street fighter. I am simply saying that I beleive the max destructive power of Jin and his family members beats out that of Akuma or ryu or any other character in Street fighter.

You have to remember, that "gods" in video games are not automatically superior to other people. Hayabusa would smoke any single being from Tekken and he is a human.

In an argument, you have to prove that your character has planet destroying power. Noone in Tekken has ever demonstrated that power, so you can't just assume Jin and Kazuya could do that.

Ryu would get his ass kicked if he fought the entire Tekken cast simultaneously though.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 05:37 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I need not say a thing, Bloodrain and Styletime have summed it up nicely.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 06:38 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimson_2010

quote:
In an argument, you have to prove that your character has planet destroying power. Noone in Tekken has ever demonstrated that power, so you can't just assume Jin and Kazuya could do that.

Orly? Sorry to bother you but did you see jinpachi's ending? have you read azazel's profile? did you see Devil jin tk5 ending? they all demonstrated power that can destroy the entire planet. I love sf characters but don't underestimate tekken cast.

as for the match, it could go either way, Kazuya and Ryu seems equal to me, Jin has demonstrated that he can go toe toe with the like of Akuma (well he defeated Ogre, Heihachi, Devil Jinpachi and Azazel).

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 07:45 PM
crimson_2010 is currently offline Click here to Send crimson_2010 a Private Message Find more posts by crimson_2010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

These endings? Not really on a planetary scale..

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 08:50 PM
Meioh_Hades

Yes, "power to at will destroy everything on the planet"... Really NOT on a planetary scale...

I TOLD that Tekkenverse is way too overrated!

Since Gouki is in the fight, the "Street Fighter team" wins.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 12:48 AM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tactical Knee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kazuya gets himself some popcorn while Devil Jin laughs as team 2 tries to approach him.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 01:51 AM
Tactical Knee is currently offline Click here to Send Tactical Knee a Private Message Find more posts by Tactical Knee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by crimson_2010
Orly? Sorry to bother you but did you see jinpachi's ending? have you read azazel's profile? did you see Devil jin tk5 ending? they all demonstrated power that can destroy the entire planet. I love sf characters but don't underestimate tekken cast.

as for the match, it could go either way, Kazuya and Ryu seems equal to me, Jin has demonstrated that he can go toe toe with the like of Akuma (well he defeated Ogre, Heihachi, Devil Jinpachi and Azazel).

Yes, I own and love the games. They didn't actually demonstrate planet destroying power though. Do you have some proof otherwise?

It can't go either way. Ryu might have a harder time, but Akuma is going to kick their asses.

Bloodrain already posted feats and I'm sure Darkstorm Zero would happily drop more if you ask nicely. stick out tongue

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:49 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Akuma takes this in a bloody stomp. In the Udon comics(cannon I think) Akuma mashed a meteorite that was about to crash into the earth.
(please log in to view the image) and if it isn't, well he still has his island busting feat.

Last edited by Phanteros on May 1st, 2011 at 04:59 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:56 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samirerre

if akuma can do that then he is stronger then all tekken+sf cast toghether,seariusly i miss the days where street fighter was actual
street fighters and not dragon ball z wannabi,the only one i can see take him down now is orochi himself

Old Post May 1st, 2011 07:02 AM
samirerre is currently offline Click here to Send samirerre a Private Message Find more posts by samirerre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

With Oni Akuma introduced, I wonder what other ridiculous things he can do now? I wouldn't be surprised if he was on DBZ level now.

But yeah, it also pisses me off how SF went from deep, serious martial arts to "ultra super powerful attacks" mess.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post May 1st, 2011 07:07 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unrealman

Capcom fighting Jam ending is not cannon.

how powerful is Gouki? let's just saying that Kenshiro can still kick all their butts singal handly.

Fist of the North Star

Dragon Ball

Street Fighter

Old Post May 1st, 2011 09:36 AM
unrealman is currently offline Click here to Send unrealman a Private Message Find more posts by unrealman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

Fist of the North Star is my favourite anime of all times...

But actually I don't know if Kenshiro can easily win Gouki... Feat-wise Gouki has done greater things.

The 1986 Fist of the North Star movie is not canon, so thing like "Kenshiro and Raoh's aura can create storm and tornados" is not canon.

And about the "one hit Kill" martial art, battle with equal-matched masters in Fist of the North Star are long and bloddy, not just "I touch a tsubo with a finger and the other master dies".
So I think that to strike a mortal tsubo to a warrior like Ryu, Kazuya or Gouki, even a warrior like Kenshiro has to focus all his strenght an spiritual power in his best attacks.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 12:13 PM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimson_2010

quote:
Yes, I own and love the games. They didn't actually demonstrate planet destroying power though. Do you have some proof otherwise?

Well in Raven storymode, its said Jinpachi full power can destroy the world, the proof is there :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-wN...feature=related
I don't see the feat where Akuma can do such a thing, would you give me a proof?

Azazel is a demonic world destroyer, his ressurection would mean the end of the world except if someone who get the devil gene kick his ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXX2XrILyvY
this vid shows what Jin and Kazuya can rly do with a power punch. Well Akuma will have a hard time against these two.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 05:32 PM
crimson_2010 is currently offline Click here to Send crimson_2010 a Private Message Find more posts by crimson_2010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Well in Raven storymode, its said Jinpachi full power can destroy the world, the proof is there :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-wN...feature=related

Err, no it doesn't. It said that "Mankind will be exterminated", in an unspecified manner mind you. No indication of how. You've automatically assumed that he is somehow going to "Detonate the planet" ala DBZ style.... That is not the case.

I don't see the feat where Akuma can do such a thing, would you give me a proof?

I don't see how it is relevant because your point is simply conjecture. However, demonstrated feats give Gouki a massive physical strength and energy manipulation edge.

Azazel is a demonic world destroyer, his ressurection would mean the end of the world except if someone who get the devil gene kick his ass.

Hyperbole is fun right? I mean it's not like Lars didn't beat his shit in at all right? Demonstrated power is relevant, not conjecture by fallible characters. Nobody knew what Azazel could have or could not have done. He had ample time to execute his plot, and yet got his shit kicked in royally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXX2XrILyvY
this vid shows what Jin and Kazuya can rly do with a power punch. Well Akuma will have a hard time against these two.

AHAHAHAHAAA! Your relying on an intro video thats meant to glamorise the characters?! No man.... That event never happened in Tekken's storyline at all.

I've lost count how many times I have refuted these points over the years.... sad

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on May 1st, 2011 at 06:19 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2011 06:12 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote