KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Big Daddies vs Brotherhood of Steel

Big Daddies vs Brotherhood of Steel
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Big Daddies vs Brotherhood of Steel

For each match-up, there will be two flrounds. One will be in Rapture, the other will be in the Wasteland.
Fight 1: Bouncer vs Paladin
Fight 2: Rosie vs Knight
Fight 3: Lancer vs Paladin
Fight 4: Rumbler vs Knight
Fight 5: Subject Delta and Bouncer vs Double Paladin combo

No outside parties will interfere with the fights. Begin!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 02:27 PM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The Big Daddies ****ing rape.

They're like Super Mutants but better.

Subject Delta can solo the two Paladins.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 04:03 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
The Big Daddies ****ing rape.

They're like Super Mutants but better.

Subject Delta can solo the two Paladins.
subject Delta wont be able to solo them. BoS > Super Mutants, Super Mutants > Splicers. If I'm correct, Delta is less armored that the other Big Daddy's (being an Alpha series). Because of this, a paladins weapons would give Delta a harder fight since they're more effective than any splicer weapons. He's "squishy". A bouncer seems like much, so I think a Rosie would be more appropriate since Bouncers drills are diamond covered and would tear through power armor. Regardless, two paladins is too much. They're no ordinary, run of the mill splicers.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 04:27 PM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

BoS>Super Mutants?

No.

Super Mutants tear through power armour like it was made of tinfoil and pull the human inside through the suit, and tear them in half.

See thing is, I could easily argue Spider Splicers are physically superior to most Super Mutants, being able to cut through solid steel with a fish-hook, destroying a Bathysphere.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 04:32 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Spider Splicers are a different story. I agree with that. However, a Big Daddy can still get messed up by a Spider Slicer, and Delta's suit isn't as heavily armored as a Bouncers. A paladins weapons will make Delta think about the fight. And a bouncer would rape a single paladin, leaving the other to Delta behind cover in either scenario with plasmids. A Rosie would be more fair seeing as how now its a firefight. A paladin WILL give Delta a hard time. Also, I still say Paladin > super mutant due to the fact that physical superiority doesn't make something better. Jack in Bioshock killed Atlas, Big Daddy's, Spider Splicers, Ect.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 05:18 PM
NemeBro

Delta tore through Rapture, including Bouncers. no expression

He would be on the Paladin on the get-go, and would tear through it.

A Big Daddy getting messed up by a single Spider Splicer? Never happened.

Only Super Mutants have been winning their war in the Capital Wasteland, and I hope to God you are not talking about the pathetic East Coast Brotherhood.

Jack is by no stretch of the word a "normal" human. He was genetically engineered to be capable of doing that, and has more Plasmids in him than most, being capable of using a large variety of tonics and Plasmids in combat.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 05:27 PM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Delta tore through Rapture, including Bouncers. no expression

He would be on the Paladin on the get-go, and would tear through it.

A Big Daddy getting messed up by a single Spider Splicer? Never happened.

Only Super Mutants have been winning their war in the Capital Wasteland, and I hope to God you are not talking about the pathetic East Coast Brotherhood.

Jack is by no stretch of the word a "normal" human. He was genetically engineered to be capable of doing that, and has more Plasmids in him than most, being capable of using a large variety of tonics and Plasmids in combat.
albeit, Jack is no ordinary human, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's physically superior to a spider splicer, let alone Fontaine. Also, I should have rephrased a spider splicer against a big daddy. I'm saying they'Renae physically capable of ripping through them, but because Big Daddy's are to say the least straight up harassed, a spider spliced wouldn't realistically stand a chance against a big daddy. Only in theory they could (since theoretically they could rip through them. They are capable of doing so). To argue Delta would be immune to a BoS weapons is just being stubborn. The BoS are not slackers. They are THE beat of the best as far as Fallout is concerned. I give that fight to Delta and the Rosie in the end in both locations though, unless its two famous BoS members.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 05:51 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Uh.

Jack is, pretty much, like, the 3rd or 4th strongest splicer in the series, so dun't know what you're talking about.

That said, what the hell strength feats does a Paladin have? And why can't Delta TK the Paladin onto his drill?

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 10:12 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

I think that the environment sort of dictates especially w/ the bouncer and delta. If the BoS' have some room to move around, they can dodge the drills and just perforate the poor big daddies.

I got everything!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:14 PM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Because, uh, the BoS definitely has far superior agility feats, rite?

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:21 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
albeit, Jack is no ordinary human, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's physically superior to a spider splicer, let alone Fontaine. Also, I should have rephrased a spider splicer against a big daddy. I'm saying they'Renae physically capable of ripping through them, but because Big Daddy's are to say the least straight up harassed, a spider spliced wouldn't realistically stand a chance against a big daddy. Only in theory they could (since theoretically they could rip through them. They are capable of doing so). To argue Delta would be immune to a BoS weapons is just being stubborn. The BoS are not slackers. They are THE beat of the best as far as Fallout is concerned. I give that fight to Delta and the Rosie in the end in both locations though, unless its two famous BoS members.
I definitely would. He is easily one of the most powerful splicers in existence, only Subject Delta, Atlas Fontaine, and Eleanor being more powerful. He would ****ing wreck a Spider Splicer. Hell, it is entirely possible to make your Jack capable of wrecking Spider Splicers with the wrench.

Spider Splicers die in droves to Big Daddies. It takes an excessive amount of splicers to take down a single Big Daddy.

I am not arguing Delta would be immune, only that it would crush them both easily regardless.

Hahahaha the Brotherhood the best of the best?

Reilly's Rangers were better than they were at killing Super Mutants.

The NCR stomped the shit out of them.

They are easily among the weakest factions.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 02:34 AM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

I would say the BoS is as powerful as NCR. BoS is stationed in more places than the NCR. It's a fact that a faction that can take more area's than one that can't is more powerful. The Roman Empire, Mongol Empire, British Empire, ect, all took over very large portions of land. Also, I never said a Spider Slicer would kill one. I said that theoretically, a Spider Splicer could kill one based on the Spider Splicer at the beginning of the first Bioshock when you're in the babysphere and the Spider Splicer starts to tear it open. Though, it not out of the realm of possibility for splicers to kill Big Daddy's. I can't remember which audio log it is in the second one, but it's near the end where it's stated that splicers were taking Big Daddy's left and right. I dont know about you, but leadhead splicers dont seem like they'd be able to kill a supermutant. Also, BoS were fighting Enclave AND super mutants. At the beginning of Fallout 3, GNR is defended by a group of BoS fighting off a horde of super mutants AND a super mutant behemoth. All of these are pretty big feet, and is scripted, whereas the last chapter in Bioshock 2 where you have to fight off the horde of Splicers and Big Daddy's isn't scripted because you can make it go on as long as you want and summon Eleanor. Though I guess Delta would annihilate 2 paladins. A gun that shoots rivets, lightning, and fire would be enough. I guess if he wanted to, hypnosis would be an option.

P.S. How can you say that Delta was a more powerful splicer? Atlas's appearance is self-evident that he is, and Eleanor was throughout BioShock 2 being called "the Peoples Daughter" on top of being a plasmid prodigy from a young age and being able to CONTROL little sisters, who had the sea slugs implanted into their stomachs, so a large amount of ADAM is already in them. But what evidence do you have stating that Delta was a more powerful splicer than Jack?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 04:37 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Liberty prime would have been a better Fallout choice, a few daddies or plasmid wielding Delta class big daddies fighting around it, trying to evade its nuke launcher and weapon systems could be interesting to watch.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 06:30 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
I would say the BoS is as powerful as NCR. BoS is stationed in more places than the NCR. It's a fact that a faction that can take more area's than one that can't is more powerful. The Roman Empire, Mongol Empire, British Empire, ect, all took over very large portions of land. Also, I never said a Spider Slicer would kill one. I said that theoretically, a Spider Splicer could kill one based on the Spider Splicer at the beginning of the first Bioshock when you're in the babysphere and the Spider Splicer starts to tear it open. Though, it not out of the realm of possibility for splicers to kill Big Daddy's. I can't remember which audio log it is in the second one, but it's near the end where it's stated that splicers were taking Big Daddy's left and right. I dont know about you, but leadhead splicers dont seem like they'd be able to kill a supermutant. Also, BoS were fighting Enclave AND super mutants. At the beginning of Fallout 3, GNR is defended by a group of BoS fighting off a horde of super mutants AND a super mutant behemoth. All of these are pretty big feet, and is scripted, whereas the last chapter in Bioshock 2 where you have to fight off the horde of Splicers and Big Daddy's isn't scripted because you can make it go on as long as you want and summon Eleanor. Though I guess Delta would annihilate 2 paladins. A gun that shoots rivets, lightning, and fire would be enough. I guess if he wanted to, hypnosis would be an option.

P.S. How can you say that Delta was a more powerful splicer? Atlas's appearance is self-evident that he is, and Eleanor was throughout BioShock 2 being called "the Peoples Daughter" on top of being a plasmid prodigy from a young age and being able to CONTROL little sisters, who had the sea slugs implanted into their stomachs, so a large amount of ADAM is already in them. But what evidence do you have stating that Delta was a more powerful splicer than Jack?
Then you would be wrong. The NCR crushed the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is nowhere near as large as the NCR, to say it is is not just your opinion, it's wrong. The Brotherhood has collections of small outposts. The NCR is a large, fully-functioning nation, the Mojave alone has enough NCR to take out the Brotherhood. Kinda like they did, they crushed them at Helios 1, their training and technology no match for NCR manpower and resources. The Brotherhood is dying out, this is explicitly a plot point in New Vegas, and even in Fallout 3 it was only with the help of the Wanderer that they were able to get a foothold.

Why? Spider Splicers are strong. Big Daddies are much stronger. This is clear, and it only helps the Big Daddies' cases that as strong as Spider Splicers are, Big Daddies are the far superior foe. Also, there was never an audio log that says that Big Daddies were being taken "left and right." There is a single log by Diane McClintock that states a large group of splicers following Atlas that she was in were capable of taking out ONE Big Daddy, but that is it. The average Super Mutant? Why not? Super Mutants are not immune to small-arms fire.

The Enclave only made themselves known near the end of the game. And the Brotherhood had Liberty Prime to fight them, in fact that was the only reason they were winning. Also, no, they had the Lone Wanderer's help to take out the Mutants and the behemoth, and you forget you are speaking about the team that is considered the best of the best of the BoS. Most do not do so well.

The creators confirmed that Jack would not survive the Rapture of Bioshock 2. Beyond that, Subject Delta is a Big Daddy, giving him an advantage from the get-go, but Subject Delta was capable of taking out Big Sisters, numerous Big Daddies, and shit, he is also definitely physically stronger.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 06:49 PM
dadudemon

Then you would be wrong. The NCR crushed the Brotherhood.

Yeah, because they were outnumbered something like 20 to 1 or 50 to 1. They held their own against the NCR for quite sometime, despite this fact (in the battle for the Mojave solar power station (Helios One), of course.)

That's fairly good feat by the Mojave chapter of the BoS.

That said...since a revolver can take down a Big Daddy, a BoS member with a Tri-Beam Laser rifle could easily kill one.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 04:46 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree the BoS weapons far outclass Raptures dated weaponry (laser gatling guns vs a Tommy gun?) but Delta has plasmids so anything from TK to those hurricane traps to fireballs could be at his disposal, could ruin their ability to wield weapons.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 08:50 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wha da hell is Subject Sigma or are'nt DLC characters not allowed.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 10:04 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Burning thought
I agree the BoS weapons far outclass Raptures dated weaponry (laser gatling guns vs a Tommy gun?) but Delta has plasmids so anything from TK to those hurricane traps to fireballs could be at his disposal, could ruin their ability to wield weapons.

Yeah, I forgot about the OP specifying several characters. I mistook the thread title for just a standard BoS in power-armor versus a standard Big Daddy.

Thilly me.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 10:11 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yeah, because they were outnumbered something like 20 to 1 or 50 to 1. They held their own against the NCR for quite sometime, despite this fact (in the battle for the Mojave solar power station (Helios One), of course.)

That's fairly good feat by the Mojave chapter of the BoS.

That said...since a revolver can take down a Big Daddy, a BoS member with a Tri-Beam Laser rifle could easily kill one.
What is your point? I would never dispute the overall tech advantage and overall superior training goes to the Brotherhood. I am comparing them as a faction. And as a faction the NCR would crush the Brotherhood, and has. The resources of the NCR are beyond that of the Brotherhood's to an absurd extent, as well as its manpower. The Brotherhood is not only too small, it is stretched too thin.

A revolver can take down a Paladin in Powered Armour too. no expression Only the difference is a Big Daddy is much faster and stronger. Big Daddies can take hits from various Plasmids as well.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 10:46 PM
dadudemon

What is your point? I would never dispute the overall tech advantage and overall superior training goes to the Brotherhood. I am comparing them as a faction. And as a faction the NCR would crush the Brotherhood, and has. The resources of the NCR are beyond that of the Brotherhood's to an absurd extent, as well as its manpower. The Brotherhood is not only too small, it is stretched too thin.

A revolver can take down a Paladin in Powered Armour too. no expression Only the difference is a Big Daddy is much faster and stronger. Big Daddies can take hits from various Plasmids as well.

1. You do realize that the NCR BoS war almost resulted in a victory for the BoS, right? The ONLY reason the BoS lost was due to inferior numbers and a better propoganda machine from the NCR to keep refilling their ranks. The BoS could not refill their ranks because of their policies.

2. I dare you to try and take down a BoS in power armor with the .357 (just regular clothes, to be fair to a bioshock comparison) (one of the most powerful revolvers in the game...without cheating). Compare that to Bioshock big Daddies.

Hint: unless you use VATS, you will be lucky to get off 3-4 shots before you are dead. Unless, of course, you decide to try and take him or her out from a distance. Close quarters like many of the big daddy encounters? Nah.

I was underwhelmed with the Big Daddies. They were talked up. The first encounter was a bit of a let down. I was expecting this stupidly difficult battle. In New Vegas and F3 the first encounters were difficult without using VATS. It wasn't until I got power armor and strong weapons that they became easy to take down.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 03:22 AM