KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Warhammer 40k vs.........

Warhammer 40k vs.........
Started by: laszers

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
laszers

Warhammer 40k vs.........

Hello everyone! i was just curious if you guys know of any good verses that could give 40k a run for its money!

starting it off,
40k vs Halo
40K vs starcraft
40k vs star wars
just some thoughts

i think the only one that could give 40k a good run is starcraft, however in the end i think 40k wins, what are your thought?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 06:14 AM
laszers is currently offline Click here to Send laszers a Private Message Find more posts by laszers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

40k would crush Star Craft. The best match on your list is Star Wars if you include the EU.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 07:21 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Halo would do best, considering they have the genetically engineered soldies, energy weapons, and all that. Star Wars would do about the same if not better. I personally would like to see a Mass Effect matchup. that'd be cool.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 04:20 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Halo could either lose against 40K or crush it, depending on the timeline.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 05:17 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

If we're gonna go back to when Haloverse' forerunners were a thing, we might as well go back to when there were physical gods running around the 40kverse. Just sayin'. (Or we could pretend the celestial orrery is canon, rather than rightfully dismissing it as Wardfic.)

Current Halo loses to current 40k in a horrific rapestomp, though.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 05:55 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 05:47 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Halo could either lose against 40K or crush it, depending on the timeline.
If we can pick everything from the timelines of the respective games, the C'tan unceremoniously crush the Forerunners.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 06:30 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

C'tan are weak ***** niggas who got stomped by exhausted Necrons doe

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 07:24 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I think you might be mentally retarded.

It was shattering the C'tan that exhausted the Necron force.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 07:43 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I don't know anything about any of those except perhaps Star Wars, but that shall not stop me from having an opinion, and here it is:

40k vs Halo: 40k
40K vs starcraft: StarCraft
40k vs star wars: Tie

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 07:51 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't know anything about any of those except perhaps Star Wars, but that shall not stop me from having an opinion, and here it is:

40K vs starcraft: StarCraft
No.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 08:56 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by NemeBro
If we can pick everything from the timelines of the respective games, the C'tan unceremoniously crush the Forerunners.

C'Tan too weak, bro. Forerunners too stronk.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 08:57 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Nope. The War in Heaven weakened the Crons so much that they couldn't even beat up the Eldar. C'tan suck. Almost as much as the robot-tyranids themselves.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 09:42 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laszers

i think some of you guys are underestimating some of the 40k races compared to ANY halo race. for instance the imperial guard is innumerable in size, if i remember correctly (and correct me if im wrong) but the human race in halo is about 56 billion. some basic math here, lets assume 500 billion stars int he galaxy, 1% of those have planets, 5 billion planets. now considering hive worlds and death worlds lets put 2 billion people on each planet (average). with just a 20% service rate, the imperial guard would average, give or take, 2 quintillion troops. Now those numbers probably aren't very close to the reality, but certainly give you an idea of the scope of how immense it really is. Not to mention the orks, which are literally impossible to get rid of unless you destroy the entire planet (even exterminatus has been known not to fully clear them out).

Then you have the space marines and chaos space marines, now here is the deal, i do not personnally feel that any average spartan could go toe to toe with any average space marines due to the space marines superior technology. Halo weaponry (excluding things such as the spartan lase and other large weapons) don't really have the strength to punch through space marines armor. The space marines on the other hand have bolters, which are designed to pierce armor then explode dealing tremendous damage. Not to mention the space marines extra organs that can give them increased stamina toxic spit, and increased durability. As far as i know the space marines are also much more deadly in hand to hand than and spartan.

Then you have tau. experts at long range, get raped in close combat. however their weapons are designed to pierce even the thickest of armors, and they have their own auxiliary forces to deal with close range combat.

Then you have necrons. Their monoliths and tomb worlds just rape bitches all day. gauss rifles, re animation, strong army C'Tan. GG

also the eldar. used to be the supreme rulers of all that existed, and then you know, they got destroyed, i dont think they have a lot to offer as far as numbers go, but they have lots of highly trained warriors. and of course their ****ed up relatives the dark eldar, too ****ing creepy.

Orks. As i said nearly impossible to demolish, and not easy to bring down either. very brutish and incredibly powerful in melee combat. have numbers beyond that of even the Imperium.

Tyranids. numbers so great they can **** bitches anytime anywhere. they have massive bio titans capable of destroying whatever the **** they want. also they use their dead enemise DNA and bio mass to create new tyranids and improve their own race. nearly unbeatable.

Also you have the greater chaos gods, Khorne, nuff' said.

then their are large numbers of titans, some of which known to demolish entire continents. also tomb worlds for necrons and psykers and sorcerers that the mere presence of would drive the mortals insane. i don't think that the covenant stands much of a chance against the orks alone, with their nobs and WAAAAAAAAAAGH! powers their is not really any way to defeat them.

As far as the forerunners go im not quite sure the extent of their power, i know who they are but don't really know what they are capable of.

However i do not think that screampaste is correct, it would be much worse than a rapestomp.

ALSO SO EVERYONE KNOWS. FROM NOW ON< ALL RACES ARE IN THEIR MOST PRIME STATES.

Last edited by laszers on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 11:32 PM
laszers is currently offline Click here to Send laszers a Private Message Find more posts by laszers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Originally posted by Phanteros
No.

I have to agree that his "opinion" was phenomenally retarded

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 02:08 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by laszers
i think some of you guys are underestimating some of the 40k races compared to ANY halo race. for instance the imperial guard is innumerable in size, if i remember correctly (and correct me if im wrong) but the human race in halo is about 56 billion. some basic math here, lets assume 500 billion stars int he galaxy, 1% of those have planets, 5 billion planets. now considering hive worlds and death worlds lets put 2 billion people on each planet (average). with just a 20% service rate, the imperial guard would average, give or take, 2 quintillion troops. Now those numbers probably aren't very close to the reality, but certainly give you an idea of the scope of how immense it really is. Not to mention the orks, which are literally impossible to get rid of unless you destroy the entire planet (even exterminatus has been known not to fully clear them out).

Then you have the space marines and chaos space marines, now here is the deal, i do not personnally feel that any average spartan could go toe to toe with any average space marines due to the space marines superior technology. Halo weaponry (excluding things such as the spartan lase and other large weapons) don't really have the strength to punch through space marines armor. The space marines on the other hand have bolters, which are designed to pierce armor then explode dealing tremendous damage. Not to mention the space marines extra organs that can give them increased stamina toxic spit, and increased durability. As far as i know the space marines are also much more deadly in hand to hand than and spartan.

Then you have tau. experts at long range, get raped in close combat. however their weapons are designed to pierce even the thickest of armors, and they have their own auxiliary forces to deal with close range combat.

Then you have necrons. Their monoliths and tomb worlds just rape bitches all day. gauss rifles, re animation, strong army C'Tan. GG

also the eldar. used to be the supreme rulers of all that existed, and then you know, they got destroyed, i dont think they have a lot to offer as far as numbers go, but they have lots of highly trained warriors. and of course their ****ed up relatives the dark eldar, too ****ing creepy.

Orks. As i said nearly impossible to demolish, and not easy to bring down either. very brutish and incredibly powerful in melee combat. have numbers beyond that of even the Imperium.

Tyranids. numbers so great they can **** bitches anytime anywhere. they have massive bio titans capable of destroying whatever the **** they want. also they use their dead enemise DNA and bio mass to create new tyranids and improve their own race. nearly unbeatable.

Also you have the greater chaos gods, Khorne, nuff' said.

then their are large numbers of titans, some of which known to demolish entire continents. also tomb worlds for necrons and psykers and sorcerers that the mere presence of would drive the mortals insane. i don't think that the covenant stands much of a chance against the orks alone, with their nobs and WAAAAAAAAAAGH! powers their is not really any way to defeat them.

As far as the forerunners go im not quite sure the extent of their power, i know who they are but don't really know what they are capable of.

However i do not think that screampaste is correct, it would be much worse than a rapestomp.

ALSO SO EVERYONE KNOWS. FROM NOW ON< ALL RACES ARE IN THEIR MOST PRIME STATES.

Your numbers on Imperial worlds are completely off. The Imperium controls roughly 1 million planets across the entire galaxy, not 5 or even 2 billion.

Either way, Halo, in its current state, wouldn't last very long against 40K.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 03:20 AM
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Yeah, any one of the factions in 40K could solo the UNSC, Covenant and the Flood

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 03:55 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

lol.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 03:59 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Nope. The War in Heaven weakened the Crons so much that they couldn't even beat up the Eldar.
Cite the page.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 05:37 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Cite the page of what?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 05:39 AM
NemeBro

Where the Necron 5th edition codex says that.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 06:03 AM