KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku vs Kylo Ren

Count Dooku vs Kylo Ren
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Count Dooku vs Kylo Ren

Both at best in canon only who will win in the following:-

1. Light saber duel only
2. Force powers and abilities only
3. Combo of the above in a fight

Old Post May 29th, 2020 07:05 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Dooku in all three

Old Post May 29th, 2020 10:34 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

1. Dooku
2. Kylo Ren
3. Dooku

Old Post May 29th, 2020 10:45 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

1 & 3 to Dooku. Not sure on 2. Kylo obviously has the Skywalker raw power and potential. But hes inconsistent as fak.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Dooku sweeps.

Force would be the closest, but Dooku's lightning would be too much for Kylo

Old Post May 30th, 2020 12:49 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Dooku takes all esp since I don't think Kylo has shown any ability to deflect Force Lightning in canon

The North Remembers

Old Post May 30th, 2020 01:41 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Dooku takes all esp since I don't think Kylo has shown any ability to deflect Force Lightning in canon

If Rey can (with a Saber), I think its almost a given that Kylo can.

Although I get she could shoot FL as well which apparently he could not.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Darth Thor
If Rey can (with a Saber), I think its almost a given that Kylo can.

Although I get she could shoot FL as well which apparently he could not.

Did you just compare Rey with the power and skills of all the Jedi to base Kylo Ren?

The North Remembers

Old Post May 30th, 2020 04:53 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Dooku in all except in the force

Old Post May 30th, 2020 08:33 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Did you just compare Rey with the power and skills of all the Jedi to base Kylo Ren?

Lol sorry yeah I forgot about that tiny element.

Still if even AOTC Kenobi can block lightning, why would we assume Kylo Ren cant?

Old Post May 30th, 2020 10:10 AM
Scizard

Pretty sure Kylo used tutaminis in TFA novel against Rey's lightsaber, so I wouldn't be surprised if he could block it with that as well.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 10:45 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Who has the best tk feat?

Dooku casually lifting a dozen or so obelisks or Kylo collapsing those ancient statues?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 04:37 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Who has the best tk feat?

Dooku casually lifting a dozen or so obelisks or Kylo collapsing those ancient statues?

Kylos is better. He has that Skywalker raw power/potential. But Dookus a lot more consistent. In fact Kylo was struggling to hold Voe just moments before his big statue collapsing feat.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 06:49 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Lol sorry yeah I forgot about that tiny element.

Still if even AOTC Kenobi can block lightning, why would we assume Kylo Ren cant?

Because it requires being taught to be frank we don't even know if Luke could deflect it, and the only time we saw him face lightning against Snoke he got rocked by it.

The North Remembers

Last edited by Lord Stark on May 30th, 2020 at 06:56 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2020 06:54 PM
Darthadi

If Rey knows how to block it, Kylo would know too.
Rey being amped is irrelevant. The amp increased her power, not her knowledge.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

and the only time we saw him face lightning against Snoke he got rocked by it.

Well that aint really fair because he didnt have his lightsaber ignited.

As for Luke he collected masses of knowledge (in canon), and carried on communing with the Force Ghosts of Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda. So he would definitely know how to do that.

However Kylo may not know because he left Luke as a Padawan. And who knows if Snoke taught him.

But I have to believe someone who has the level of force mastery it takes to freeze a blaster bolt would be able to deflect lightning with the use of his Saber.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:01 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Darthadi
If Rey knows how to block it, Kylo would know too.
Rey being amped is irrelevant. The amp increased her power, not her knowledge.

"I am all the Jedi" does not mean just power. She also had the knowledge to channel that power.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:01 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Well that aint really fair because he didnt have his lightsaber ignited.

As for Luke he collected masses of knowledge (in canon), and carried on communing with the Force Ghosts of Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda. So he would definitely know how to do that.

However Kylo may not know because he left Luke as a Padawan. And who knows if Snoke taught him.

But I have to believe someone who has the level of force mastery it takes to freeze a blaster bolt would be able to deflect lightning with the use of his Saber.

Luke I'd give the benefit of the doubt, but what I'm saying is its an advanced technique. People don't default knowing it just because they are powerful.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:03 PM
Darth Thor

Luke I'd give the benefit of the doubt, but what I'm saying is its an advanced technique. People don't default knowing it just because they are powerful.

I get that, but do you not think freezing a blaster bolt also seems like a pretty advanced technique? Like beyond the level of mastery AOTC Obi-Wan has.

Thats why id give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:05 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I get that, but do you not think freezing a blaster bolt also seems like a pretty advanced technique? Like beyond the level of mastery AOTC Obi-Wan has.

Thats why id give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Not really how that works. They are different techniques. One is an application of Force Stasis (something Cal Kestis could do as a Padawan), one is an advanced saber/force technique.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:24 PM