KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kirak Infila vs Quinlan Vos

Kirak Infila vs Quinlan Vos
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Kirak Infila vs Quinlan Vos

Canon peak versions of both of course. This one would be a good fight imo.

"Vader sets his sights on a Jedi who's avoided Order 66…

…a Jedi Master who's long lived in seclusion…

…a Jedi more powerful than any Vader has faced before…"

By hype, Kirak may be >=RotS Kenobi. He beat Vader, but that was an early, injured version of the dark Lord.

But Vos's is no slouch either, he was praised by Windu:

"This is by far the greatest breach of trust the Jedi have seen since Count Dooku himself betrayed us. Even General Krell's deception did less damage. Vos isn't just a Jedi, he's a Jedi Master with unique skills"

and by Dooku:
" “You seem … unburdened. I sense a greater strength in you” “I am calmer. More focused. Stronger than before”

In addition to his feats against Ventress and Dooku.

Who would win?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 09:40 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Vos.

All we can infer about Kirak is that he was > Kenobi. But a peak Vos was =/> Dooku, and has the feats to back it up.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

Can we not also say Kirak is greater than Dooku?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Really depends how 'hindered' you think Vader was when Kirak beat him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

That Vader was mere days after the surgical operation, so he still was likely a bit clumsy in his new armor. Besides, when he fought Kirak he was already wounded, and didn't even have a lightsaber. Aaaand if that was not enough, he mainly lost because early during the fight one of his two robotic legs broke (due to previous damage) and he was forced on his knees (if i recall correctly). I really doubt that Vader was near Dooku's level.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 09:38 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, that's the thing.

The battle was set a day or two after RotS(Vader literally got off the operating table and was immediately sent on his mission to find Kirak), so I doubt he would have been fully accustomed to his armor at that point. Additionally, Vader's armor was battered by Kirak's booby traps by the time they actually fought, which could have hindered him even moreso.

Kirak was undoubtedly a beast, but I don't know if we have enough quantifiable info to put him on par with the likes of Dooku. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 28th, 2020 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

They’re probably pretty close, but all we know is that Kirak>Kenobi which isn’t enough to put him above Vos as well

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 06:47 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

So the question we logically arrive to is how can we prove Vos' superiority to Obi-Wan?

I don't think both of their fights with Dooku can be the definitive answer. Canon states Kenobi was at a stylistic disadvantage against Dooku, which is why he always loses. I mean, just look how well Kenobi does fighting against Maul - and Maul is confirmed a greater duelist than Dooku and Kenobi hangs with Maul much better than he does Dooku. Just my thoughts.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

It was also stated that Kenobi was channeling the Force like never before when he fought Anakin on Mustafar.

So end of ROTS Kenobi >>beginning of ROTS Kenobi. This should also be considered when gauging Kirak.

But are comic book solicits from the Marvel site even canon? Because that's the only source saying that Kirak was the most powerful Jedi that Vader had fought. Seems kind of dubious.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

It was also printed in one of the comic issues. Galan posted it a while ago.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
^ The quote was actually printed in the Darth Vader v1 TPB:
https://i.imgur.com/qoZ8nDr.jpg

So yeah, it should definitely be canon.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 05:45 PM