KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Knightfall Vader vs prime suit Vader.

Knightfall Vader vs prime suit Vader.
Started by: Darthadi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darthadi

Knightfall Vader vs prime suit Vader.

-Canon.
-All quotes that directly compare them are banned for this thread.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Are you asking who's better w/o statements? I would go with KFV if so. Otherwise suited Vader.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Statements are fine if they aren't directly compared.
So Vader being stated more powerful than Dooku and Maul stands, but Vader being stated more powerful than Anakin wouldn't.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

I see. I mean you've got statements saying Vader is the most powerful Sith depends if you buy them or not. Most of the high tiers in the OT scale to Vader and KFV's a beast so I don't think you can get suited Vader that high w/o the LOTS statement or the Vader > Palpatine statements.

Last edited by Scizard on Feb 15th, 2021 at 01:36 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

I’m going with prime suit Vader, but it’s not by much.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 01:35 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

I would say prime suit Vader.
From what I can recall it never stated Vader was weakened when he was put in his suit. On the contrary, Many materials seemingly suggesting prime suit vader > his previous self
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/St...-4?id=168733#52
quote:
When man and machine were one, he no longer felt the absence of his legs or arms, the pain of his flesh, but the hate remained, and the rage still burned. Those, he never relinquished, and he never felt more connected to the Force than when his fury burned. With an effort of will, he commanded the onboard computer to link the primary respirator to the secondary, and to seal the helmet at the neck, encasing him fully. He was home.

Once, he'd found the armor hateful, foreign, but now he knew better. He realized that he'd always been fated to wear it, just as the Jedi had always been fated to betray their principles. He'd always been fated to face Obi-Wan and fail on Mustafar--and in failing, learn. The armor separated him from the galaxy, from everyone, made him singular, freed him from the needs of the flesh, the concerns of the body that once had plagued him, and allowed him to focus solely on his relationship to the Force.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 01:54 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
I would say prime suit Vader.
From what I can recall it never stated Vader was weakened when he was put in his suit. On the contrary, Many materials seemingly suggesting prime suit vader > his previous self
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/St...-4?id=168733#52

For this thread all quotes that compare them are banned.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 02:03 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by Darthadi
For this thread all quotes that compare them are banned.
So just feats and non-directly statements then? If so, I still personally tend to suited vader. Knightfall Vader doesnt have enough feats and statements to put him above suited vader so far imo

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 02:13 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
So just feats and non-directly statements then? If so, I still personally tend to suited vader. Knightfall Vader doesnt have enough feats and statements to put him above suited vader so far imo

He doesn't have many feats, but his high end feats are really high. Like stomping Dooku once he let go his jedi restraint.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 02:30 PM
Darth Thor

He doesn't have many feats, but his high end feats are really high. Like stomping Dooku once he let go his jedi restraint.

Well Suited Vader is also said to be light years ahead of Dooku.

But hes also just done insane shit in the comics which KF Anakin just doesnt have the feats to match.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

I don't want to argue in my own threat, but do you think these comic feats better than stomping Dooku?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 09:43 PM
Darth Thor

I don't want to argue in my own threat, but do you think these comic feats better than stomping Dooku?

Well hes already stated to be beyond Dooku.

But if we are just talking Anakin in general now, then overpowering the Son and Daughter is the most impressive thing he did. Not stomping Dooku.

Vader could likely do the latter, but not the former.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Yeah they're both >> Dooku.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 09:43 AM
xPRIMEx

Can someone refresh my memory... what does canon say about how Vader’s injuries affected his power/potential? Did he lose potential?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 02:20 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Can someone refresh my memory... what does canon say about how Vader’s injuries affected his power/potential? Did he lose potential?

I dont think anythings stated about his potential. But given how by ESB hes still no match for the Emperor at all, Im guessing it was still hampered.

As for power, hes supposed to be more powerful by LOTS than he was in ROTS. At least according to him.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 06:48 PM
xPRIMEx

Yeah, the way I’ve always seen it is that he lost some potential but he was still so far away from reaching full potential as of ROTS that he was still able to grow more powerful after being injured. Not saying that he wasn’t powerful as of ROTS, but his potential was so huge that he still had a lot more raw power to master.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 07:10 PM
Scizard

Palpatine says in the junior novelization that he won't be as strong as he once thought but still more powerful than anyone else and there's the scan of him having 20,000+ midichlorians more than any Jedi or Sith.

So I would say he lost some but still has a significant amount.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 06:05 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Retarded midichlorians mathematics.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 06:15 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It’s worse. The author of the book used supershadows midichlorian list... laughing out loud

This is the level of current SW “authors”.

Last edited by ares834 on Feb 20th, 2021 at 07:27 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 07:24 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Chee stated that grievous injuries(like those suffered by Maul and Vader) do not diminish their strength in the Force:
https://ibb.co/n6P1Qbn

Aside from that, Vader's 20,000+ midi-chlorian count was still the highest among Jedi or Sith as of Rebels:
https://ibb.co/BN756c3

Hence why Palpatine was still "wary" of Vader's potential, and wanted to ensure that he would stay a loyal dog:
https://ibb.co/Cmr7D4V

tl;dr
There hasn't been any reference in canon that Vader's potential diminished after the events of RotS. What we do know is that Vader's connection to the Force was greater than ever once he acclimated to the armor:
quote:
When man and machine were one, he no longer felt the absence of his legs or arms, the pain of his flesh, but the hate remained, and the rage still burned. Those, he never relinquished, and he never felt more connected to the Force than when his fury burned. With an effort of will, he commanded the onboard computer to link the primary respirator to the secondary, and to seal the helmet at the neck, encasing him fully. He was home.

Once, he'd found the armor hateful, foreign, but now he knew better. He realized that he'd always been fated to wear it, just as the Jedi had always been fated to betray their principles. He'd always been fated to face Obi-Wan and fail on Mustafar--and in failing, learn. The armor separated him from the galaxy, from everyone, made him singular, freed him from the needs of the flesh, the concerns of the body that once had plagued him, and allowed him to focus solely on his relationship to the Force.

-Lords of the Sith

*And that was still pre-prime Vader.

As for why Vader never transcended Palpatine, I'd say it's fairly obvious: Palpatine simply never allowed it to happen. He was only feeding Vader just enough knowledge/teachings to keep him subservient and wanting more, whilst incessantly hoarding all the Force-related knowledge that he could get his hands on.

Lord Momin mused that Palpatine was hoarding knowledge:
https://ibb.co/K9MWv8m

Vader himself also believed that Palpatine was keeping knowledge to himself, and only giving him "busy work":
https://ibb.co/t2q4W2L

The Star Wars Book states:
"With his position as Emperor Palpatine secure, Sidious largely disappears from public view, leaving the running of his regime to underlings. This allows him to focus on Sith arcana..."

There are more examples, but I'm sure you get my point. Vader was essentially given the equivalent of a children's flip-book to read through, while Palpatine was studying an entire library.

And thanks to the ST (lol), the indication seems to be that the potential of the Palpatine bloodline is at least in the same ballpark as the Skywalker bloodline(*looks at Rey*.) So if Palpatine was hoarding/studying a vast amount of knowledge for decadeS, while Vader was only given a small trickle here and there, the gap between them could really never be bridged, imo. Palpatine already started off at a much higher level than Anakin/Vader, by all accounts had a similar (albeit slightly inferior) potential, and most importantly: had the means to retain that gap in power by way of incessant knowledge-hoarding, along with getting to pick and choose which tidbits he fed Vader.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote