KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » a blood lusted flash

a blood lusted flash
Started by: yaadaveyaa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yaadaveyaa

a blood lusted flash

can any herald lvl or below take down a really pissed off flash with full use of the speed force? i am trying to settle an argument with a friend i hope you all can help.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 06:14 PM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

1. Professor Xavier (can put people to sleep just by thinking it, without even visually sighting that person)

2. Psylocke (can effectively induce hallucinations, making people see her where she isn't, blinding people to where she actually is, thoroughly convince them they are actively using a power they are actually NOT using, etcetera. For an example of the last, see X-Men #7 or thereabouts, circa 1992, where Psylocke convinces Omega Red he has released his lethal life-draining "death" spores on her -- to absolutely no effect.)

3. Mastermind. Jason Wyndegarde (spelling?)
See the primal Dark Phoenix saga.

4. Black Cat w/ bad luck powers, Spider-Man comics, circa 1985.
Unconscious, always active aura that nearly unfailingly causes anyone who wishes harm to suffer disabling misfortune. Worked even on machines and allies.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 06:49 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
1. Professor Xavier (can put people to sleep just by thinking it, without even visually sighting that person)

2. Psylocke (can effectively induce hallucinations, making people see her where she isn't, blinding people to where she actually is, thoroughly convince them they are actively using a power they are actually NOT using, etcetera. For an example of the last, see X-Men #7 or thereabouts, circa 1992, where Psylocke convinces Omega Red he has released his lethal life-draining "death" spores on her -- to absolutely no effect.)

3. Mastermind. Jason Wyndegarde (spelling?)
See the primal Dark Phoenix saga.

4. Black Cat w/ bad luck powers, Spider-Man comics, circa 1985.
Unconscious, always active aura that nearly unfailingly causes anyone who wishes harm to suffer disabling misfortune. Worked even on machines and allies.

Eh....
No

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 06:53 PM
hutchy1345 is currently offline Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

Have we ever seen a flash with full (and I mean full) use of the speed force
Wouldn't a flash like that have full kinetic energy control and the omnipresence
If so the answer is no to your question
If not the answer is still no except for possibly silver surfer, he is the only one who stands a chance

Maybe green lantern

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 06:55 PM
hutchy1345 is currently offline Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Dracula can with his Dual Adamantine Katanas and an army of 10,000 fledgling vampires and his undead army of wolves, undead wolves, bats, undead bats and other creatures of the night.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 06:55 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Full use of the speed force also includes time travel, btw, just saying.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 11:19 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Probably no one.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 12:59 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Full use of the speed force also includes time travel, btw, just saying.

Time travel is very impressive, but I can certainly see where it would fail, and I bet you can, too. Flash can lend speed and steal speed, for instance. He could turn a person into a living statue, right? What if this power backfires, though? He'd wind up a paperweight himself. What if he vibrated himself into a girder? A JLA teleported? What if he blacked out because he'd gone too long without eating in the mind-altered state the OP seems to be suggesting and pushed himself too hard -- while heading into the path of an oncoming train?

Implausible, right? But that's the point. Those off the wall scenarios become the most likely scenarios when facing yesteryear's Felicia Hardy.

I don't think people realize just how hax 1985 Black Cat's bad luck powers actually were. People were all but guaranteed to find ways to defeat themselves if they came anywhere in Cat's vicinity with hostile intentions. It also stopped machines, traps and other inanimate objects. The most agile and experienced of foes would become bumbling, inept fools, misjudging distances, tripping over their own feet or that of others, find their bodies betraying them by cramping up when standing, walking, running, etcetera. Bullets would fail to land. Or ricochet. Or crumble in mid-air. Traps would jam. Rust. Explode.

Here, show beats tell, and this might give a better idea of what Flash would actually be up against:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 01:14 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

"My bad luck power makes those bullets veer off or crumble to dust before they ever reach my succulent little bod!"

laughing out loud

Classic writing at its best.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 01:20 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
can any herald lvl or below take down a really pissed off flash with full use of the speed force? i am trying to settle an argument with a friend i hope you all can help.

Speedball

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 01:24 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by hutchy1345
Have we ever seen a flash with full (and I mean full) use of the speed force
Wouldn't a flash like that have full kinetic energy control and the omnipresence
If so the answer is no to your question
If not the answer is still no except for possibly silver surfer, he is the only one who stands a chance

Maybe green lantern

We have seen glimpses and flashes (ha!) of a full potential Flash. For example, in Kingdom Come when he gave himself fully to speed and was said to be so fast he was everywhere at the same time (including across dimensions). Or in the JLA story about the burning Martian, where he evacuated an entire city of people when a nuclear bomb was going off by taking 500,000 people, in ones and twos, many miles away in 0.00001 of a MICROsecond. Or the Flash that beat instant transportation across the universe.

A full potential Flash is not undefeatable - it is just that there are not many people below a certain tier that can do it. Off the top of my head I cannot think of one that can do so without prep that is below a certain tier.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 04:40 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I would largely agree with the above, with the exception of partly mystic characters who always effectively have magic "shields" up. Black Cat, when possessed of true "bad luck" powers was one such instance.
She is perhaps the only SINGLE person below Herald tier I could see taking max potential forum Flash, unprepared, one-on-one, and winning the majority of encounters.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Note that Black Cat's innate ability solves the problems of awareness, or lack thereof, of who she's fighting, likewise how to defend and counterattack against someone too fast to fully react to, and, ultimately, knock her opponent out of the fight, even if she can't physically so much as detect him, let alone land a punch. She could literally be lying in bed asleep and take this fight. That's almost what you need for this scenario. And that's precisely what she has.

After Black Cat, I'm of the mind that any team that has Longshot, Domino, and/or Scarlet Witch in combination with a mentalist, magician, or illusionist has perhaps a 1/3 chance of taking Flash out, regardless of what Flash brings to the table.

Tough problem, though, I must say.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 05:21 AM
yaadaveyaa

full use of the speed force makes him insanely strong i cant think of one single person who could really stop him ... you could make something like a reed richards plot device if given enough time but outside of that he snaps to many necks before ne one can hurt him.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 06:21 AM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I would largely agree with the above, with the exception of partly mystic characters who always effectively have magic "shields" up. Black Cat, when possessed of true "bad luck" powers was one such instance.
She is perhaps the only SINGLE person below Herald tier I could see taking max potential forum Flash, unprepared, one-on-one, and winning the majority of encounters.

Note that Black Cat's innate ability solves the problems of awareness, or lack thereof, of who she's fighting, likewise how to defend and counterattack against someone too fast to fully react to, and, ultimately, knock her opponent out of the fight, even if she can't physically so much as detect him, let alone land a punch. She could literally be lying in bed asleep and take this fight. That's almost what you need for this scenario. And that's precisely what she has.

After Black Cat, I'm of the mind that any team that has Longshot, Domino, and/or Scarlet Witch in combination with a mentalist, magician, or illusionist has perhaps a 1/3 chance of taking Flash out, regardless of what Flash brings to the table.

Tough problem, though, I must say.

Where do your scans show her power acting against people she hasn't been able to react to?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 06:38 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Frankie Silvera for starters, who pulls a gun on Cat when her back is turned, says nothing, opens fire ... and feels his gun explode in his hand.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 09:04 AM
DarkSaint85

It doesn't show that her back is towards him....which again, isn't quite the same as her power working whilst she's asleep. She's in battle, knowing she's facing several foes, with weapons scattered about.

A far cry from suddenly fading from existence because she was taken out before she was even born.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 09:25 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Seems to me, over the years the speedforce has evolved into a full-fledged plot device, akin to power cosmic and, my fave, magic.

So, no. Forum Flash reigns ... well, except over a master wielder of power cosmic or magic. cool

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 10:14 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Dracula...

He sends a few super s3xy Vampiric Romanian Women that look like this over to his place and they bite him during s3x:

Attachment: images (1).jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 10:48 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It doesn't show that her back is towards him....which again, isn't quite the same as her power working whilst she's asleep. She's in battle, knowing she's facing several foes, with weapons scattered about.

Well, the Frankie Silvera scan does have Cat showing her rear to Frankie, but it's a moot point given I can show a scene where artwork AND dialogue let the reader know Cat is unaware she is in danger.

And her power still protects her:

[b](please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

[QUOTE=16058896]Originally posted by DarkSaint85

A far cry from suddenly fading from existence because she was taken out before she was even born.

What you're suggesting, however, is a far cry from the encounter the original poster of this thread proposed, or even implies he's proposing.

Standard forum rules at least have the 2 sides know they're facing each other, after all.
And once the battle's begun, if Flash makes any moves with hostile intentions toward Cat, probability says he WILL find the attack disastrously turned back on him.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 11:10 AM
DarkSaint85

OP just asked who could, based on a convo with his friend.

No implications of following KMC battle board rules. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but he doesn't say.

How would the probability reverse back on him, when she doesn't have it?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 11:13 AM