KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Fallout

Fallout
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Fallout

I really want this to be good, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. At the very least, it seems like they've got the aesthetic down for the most part.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2023 05:43 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Anything with Walton Goggins is automatically good even when it's garbage, which is what this looks.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2023 06:11 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks okay to me

has to better then the Halo tv show from Paramount.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2023 03:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The visual look good for a TV show, but I've never been much of a fan of the franchise.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2023 07:43 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Um, I'm definitely intrigued. Looks trippy as fuck.

And like Jaden alluded to, Walton Goggins is a must-watch.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2023 09:08 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'll check out the first two episodes for sure.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 4th, 2023 07:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I watched the first three episodes of this so far, and it's actually been really solid IMO. They've definitely captured the tone and aesthetic of the universe, including the dark humour, and the plot feels like it could have come out of one of the games. And Walton Goggins, as expected, pretty much steals the scene whenever he's on screen, though the other actors also do a good job. Also, a lot of fun little references to the world and games so far included as well.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2024 05:33 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I'll check out the first two episodes for sure.

Name one live action adaptation of a game that didn't stink.

Twisted Metal was awful, just awful!

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2024 02:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I watched the first three episodes of this so far, and it's actually been really solid IMO. They've definitely captured the tone and aesthetic of the universe, including the dark humour, and the plot feels like it could have come out of one of the games. And Walton Goggins, as expected, pretty much steals the scene whenever he's on screen, though the other actors also do a good job. Also, a lot of fun little references to the world and games so far included as well.

Waiting on the Critical Drinkers take.

From trailers I think I know what it will be, but time will tell.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2024 02:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Imagine waiting to be told what your opinion is by someone else.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2024 03:46 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Imagine waiting to be told what your opinion is by someone else.

Imagine people following reviews.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2024 03:47 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Just finished episode 8. 10/10. Visuals, story, faithfulness to the source material, acting, and tooo many easter eggs to count. It was all top-notch. This seems like it could've been a game in and of itself if Fallout had utilized multiple protagonists in a single setting. I'm pissed season 2 isn't already out yet.

Fallout is everything Halo pretended it was going to be until it sh*t the bed and kept doubling down with the crap every episode.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2024 08:11 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

First episode was great. Even the Mrs. enjoyed it. Usually it's only me watching these types of shows.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 01:22 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

But is it woke?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 08:14 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cdtm
But is it woke?

lol. Not seen any sign of that so far.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 08:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

is this good to watch? should i put it on my to do list?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 09:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by KingD19
Just finished episode 8. 10/10. Visuals, story, faithfulness to the source material, acting, and tooo many easter eggs to count. It was all top-notch. This seems like it could've been a game in and of itself if Fallout had utilized multiple protagonists in a single setting. I'm pissed season 2 isn't already out yet.

Fallout is everything Halo pretended it was going to be until it sh*t the bed and kept doubling down with the crap every episode.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 09:59 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

First two were decent, Goggins thus far is the favorite, which is no surpise.

Did enjoy seeing Michael Rapaport get f**ked up. What a stupid dick.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 17th, 2024 12:34 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Episode 6 was wild. From the weird [SPOILER - highlight to read]: stripping ritual where they were worshipping Moldaver to the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: video of the woman giving birth to mutated gulpers before being eaten by them, it was all kinds of wtf lol.

I am curious to see whether the last two episodes reveal [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the deal with Moldaver, seeing as she was apparently around before the bombs dropped. And aside from ghouls having extended lifespans, clones and synths are a thing in the Fallout universe, as well as being preserved through cryostasis and life-prolonging serums. And there have also been plenty of other weird experiments revealed throughout the games. So, I'm wondering what the writers are going to go for.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2024 06:45 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Just finished this. Overall, as a long-time fan of the games, I really liked it. Maybe one or two tiny criticisms about potential lore inconsistencies, but I do feel like the definitely did it justice on the whole. But Bethesda seems to have played an active part in developing and providing input into the show's direction, hence why it managed to stay true to the source material, unlike that abomination of a Halo show where the showrunners pretty much bragged about how they'd never touched the games.

And looks like S2 will be heading to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: New Vegas. I guess we'll find out which Fallout: New Vegas ending ends up being the canon once it eventually airs.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2024 07:17 PM