KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » galactus vs DC earth

galactus vs DC earth
Started by: kgkg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"have regularly fought against godlike uber-powerful beings and won."

What exactly would you call Galactus then?

I'd call him an uber-powerful Godlike being.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 02:13 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

compare to JLU he is God

Ignorance is bliss

and how will JLu beat a full power galactus? please enlighten me with you comic book knowledge.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 02:23 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

Hmm what about Galactus vs Imperiex?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 04:05 PM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GRIMM THING

I HUNGER!

Attachment: galactus 3.jpg
This has been downloaded 64 time(s).

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 04:13 PM
GRIMM THING is currently offline Click here to Send GRIMM THING a Private Message Find more posts by GRIMM THING Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

nice pic GRIMM THING

man some people in this forum are retarded , and can take DC being beat it's sad.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 05:07 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

laughing

How is this even a discussion? Martian Manhunter and Doomsday, individually, took down the J League. Galactus is more powerful than either of them when hungry. Fully powered, it's no contest.

Galactus gets the W.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 06:15 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Anyone remember the Wizard Magazine battle when they said that the JLA would defeat Galactus (in the mock battle section)?

I had to laugh at it also.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:39 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

quote:
Originally posted by kgkg
"Agreed, I've seen KgKg's other posts and he doesnt know very much about what he's talking about."

that's funny eleveninches and Hegemon875 are the only people that think JLU alone can beat galactus.

and it's not me that know nothing , i read JLU comics and no way they beating galactus.

you should do some reading before you say shit like that

So you read JLU comics, Justice League Unlimited? Didn't know there was a comic based on the TV show, anyway JLU is not part of the actual JLA continuity so the comics you were reading dont apply. I suggest you read Crisis on Infinite Earths to better understand the DC universe.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 08:36 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

The Marvel universe has always been more grounded in reality and believability, giving there charatcers relative limits. While DC, being a much older company (think they were Action comics) has been much more on the fantastic side creating heroes with little definition, one reason why many comic fans prefer Marvel over DC. And this is why many DC charaters i.e. Superman can seem overpowered and as some like to say "gay" roll eyes (sarcastic) because they have no really tested limits. That being said, the DC universe would triump in most similiar hero vs. contests.

Last edited by Hegemon875 on Mar 2nd, 2005 at 08:47 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 08:45 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

isn't the Spectre in the JSA? He could take Galactus alone.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 09:24 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

How can the JLA defeat someone who can destroy (at the
very least) a whole solar system, or hurl planets around?

Also, people forget that the only reason why the FF "defeated"
Galactus, was because he didn't really get involved in the
fight, leaving it up to Silver Surfer, and more importantly,
because the Watcher helped the FF. If Galactus had decided
to deal with the earthlings (which he would do with the DC
earth, since he presumably wouldn't have a herald with him),
then he would have vaporized everyone around him.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 02:25 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Read Crisis on Infinite Earths. Supes can do the very same thing.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 02:28 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The DC Earth would win by far. They've dealt with far worse threats. It's just another day of apocalypse to them.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 02:28 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Profile of Galactus

quote:
BIBLIOGRAPHY

First Appearance: Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #48
Origin Issue: Origin Issue: Super Villain Classics #1

Other current aliases: None known
Former aliases: None
Dual Identity: None
Current occupation: Devourer of Worlds, Third Force of the Universe
Former Occupation: None, though Galan was a space explorer
Citizenship: None, Galan was a citizen of Taa however
Place of Birth: The known universe
Martial Status: Single
Known Relatives: Eternity (father/brother/son), Death (mother/sister/daughter/wife)
Known Confidants: Eternity, Death
Known Allies: Nova, Firelord, Terrax, Silver Surfer, the Fantastic Four, other cosmic beings such as Eternity
Major Enemies: Rom, (the Space-Knight once tricked The Devourer of Worlds into trying to consume a planet that didn't have the appropriate life energies to sustain Galactus, but "repulsed" and "tricked" are two different things!), the Fantastic Four, Thanos (with Infinity Gauntlet), Tyrant
Usual Base of Operations: Mobile throughout the Universe, The Worldship: Taa 2
Former Base of Operations: None
Membership: None
Extent of Education: Unrevealed

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Height: 28’9” (variable)
Weight: 18.2 tons (variable)
Eyes: Variable
Hair: Variable
Other Distinguishing Features: Galactus’ appearance is different and unique to every species

POWERS AND ABILITIES

Intelligence: Immeasurable
Strength: Immeasurable (variable)
Flight speed: Warp Speed
Endurance: Godlike (variable)
Durability: Totally Indestructible (variable)
Agility: Metahuman
Reflexes: Metahuman
Fighting skills: Galactus is not known to have ever participated in purely physical combat.
Special Skills and Abilities: Omniscient and all powerful world devourer.
Superhuman Physical Powers: Besides the above listed attributes, Galactus can tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for whatever purpose he desires. Galactus can teleport within and between dimensions under personal power. Galactus has shown he can allow his “Hunger” to consume entire mutliverses, plus he has all the abilities of his heralds, to a greater degree, and then some.
Superhuman Mental Powers: Galactus has demonstrated psionic abilities, the limits of which are unknown.
Special Limitations: He must devour entire worlds to survive.
Source of Superhuman Powers: Galactus simply is, his nature is beyond the comprehension of mortal ken.

PARAPHERNALIA

Costume Specs: Alien materials that help contain and control his Power Cosmic and Hunger
Transportation: Teleportation, telepathic, the Star Spanning Sphere, and sometimes Taa 2 itself.
Personal Weaponry: Ultimate, Unlimited Cosmic Power.

Galactus wouldn't devour earth, he'd just obliterate it. DC earth meaning not the beings living in other solar systems/universes cough "other GL's, Prime, etc..." DC earth I think is basically all the heroes based on Earth only, oh and the JLA in the outer orbits of earth. If it's just the JLA, Outsiders, JSA, Titans, ummm, some of the Legion, ummm... earth based GL's, and all of DC villains, ON EARTH they would probaly all die a quick and painless death. DC fanboys can elaborate on who else I missed. Oh even if Spectre's their, it won't matter.

Oh here are Spectre's stats that I got from Kryptonian.com:

quote:
Name
Spectre

Real Name
Unknown

Occupation
Spirit of Vengeance/Redemption

Character Base
Unknown

Height
Variable

Weight
Variable

Eye Color
Variable

Hair Color
None

First Appearance
Day of Judgement #5

Info
When Jim Corigan abdicated his position as the Spectre, a fallen angel named Asmodel claimed the power for himself. This caused the main DC heros to travel into Heaven and Hell in an attempt to stop Asmodel from fully gaining the power and to find someone to replace Jim Corigan.

Who they found was Hal Jordan, who had yet to redeem himself from the crimes and evils he commited as Parallax. Now he posesses incredible powers, such as the ability to go in and out of the normal universe as will.

Recently, the spirit of the Spectre has left Hal Jordan, and no one currently wields its power.

If Spectre's left Hal's body, who's wielding it now?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 02:48 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote:
Originally posted by Sentry
Galactus wouldn't devour earth, he'd just obliterate it. DC earth meaning not the beings living in other solar systems/universes cough "other GL's, Prime, etc..." DC earth I think is basically all the heroes based on Earth only, oh and the JLA in the outer orbits of earth. If it's just the JLA, Outsiders, JSA, Titans, ummm, some of the Legion, ummm... earth based GL's, and all of DC villains, ON EARTH they would probaly all die a quick and painless death. DC fanboys can elaborate on who else I missed. Oh even if Spectre's their, it won't matter.

Please. Galactus pales before threats like Mageddon, Imperiux, and Parallax. And DC Earth beat them all. Galactus loses.

I
quote:
f Spectre's left Hal's body, who's wielding it now?

Noone. The Spectre is with his own power now. Oh and Spectre would OWN Galactus. Spectre is literally the Wrath of God.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 02:53 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

good question, rebirth is just getting good. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

And galactus vs DC earth would be just like imperiex yall

quote:
Profile of Galactus

Oh here are Spectre's stats that I got from Kryptonian.com:

If Spectre's left Hal's body, who's wielding it now?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 02:56 AM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

let's just say hypothetically that Spectre is still existing

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:23 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

when did i say it was pre crisis earth and why is the spectre here?

DC earth as is no other people helping out.

and Hegemon875 can you give me how the JLu is more than a match for galactus? i understand them lasting seconds but them winning please explain.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:43 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote:
Originally posted by kgkg
when did i say it was pre crisis earth and why is the spectre here?

DC earth as is no other people helping out.

and Hegemon875 can you give me how the JLu is more than a match for galactus? i understand them lasting seconds but them winning please explain.

Spectre is on DC Earth. Wrath of God vs. Galactus. No contest.

The JLA would not be able to defeat Galactus by pure force. They would need strategy.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:45 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

if spectre is that glactus loses .

some dude was saying Jlu is more than a match for Galatus which made me laugh since when?

glactus can distroy earth in sec.

so spectre is living in earth now?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:48 AM