KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Darth Revan

Darth Bane vs. Darth Revan
Started by: -kV-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-kV-
[:::::{============)

From what Revan has shown us in Bane's book as a master of the Dark Side, I would go to say that the powers shown in KOTOR if you play as the DS Knight Revan would and could have been the repetoire Revan used as the Dark Lord.

I mean think about it? He has taught Bane a sh*tload of crazy powerful crap. And especially in such a time full of Sith trying to become powerful, he MUST know the Dark Side quite well. I would then that some of the powers, like maybe Death Field could have been what Revan used.

This is very close no doubt. But I believe Revan this. Also, doesn't he have Echani Precognition (idk what this it? Can someone explain?)

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 08:47 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

San'Doria, I normally don't go out and try to be blunt with fellow debators, but you're too arrogant for my taste. Quit pretending that you're a skilled debator and incredible intellectual, when the truth is that you're neither.

Learn the proper uses of grammar, and how to construct a sentence.

Then, maybe the rest of us will take you seriously.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

BURNED!!! (sry, i had to do that)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 09:07 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Escape81
San'Doria, I normally don't go out and try to be blunt with fellow debators, but you're too arrogant for my taste. Quit pretending that you're a skilled debator and incredible intellectual, when the truth is that you're neither.

Learn the proper uses of grammar, and how to construct a sentence.

Then, maybe the rest of us will take you seriously.
being arrogant? im just being an anti revan fanboy, seriously i do not like him due to his overration,

you want me to speak calmly and properly more like a proper debator fine, will do, here goes.

canonically revan has never shown us the thought bomb, nor any of the powers the pod book claimed he discovered and keyed into the holocron, how often and how capable is he at doing them? he doesnt use them most of the time and bane who learnt it from revan therefore used it to its best, shaking down a temple and turning kasim to a pulp, and after pod pulling a moon out of orbit, thats far greater than revan ever will be,

seriously im sick of people saying "revan is god" "o revan is 2nd strongest jedi"

and do me a favour, stop going around and try to judge people when you dont know who they really are, like kasim, good debator? yea but he makes shit up and lies, want proof?
again stop what you are doing, what makes you think you are superior to any of us?

quit it, stop it ok?

Last edited by BoratBorat on Oct 16th, 2006 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 10:51 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by San'Doria
being arrogant? im just being an anti revan fanboy, seriously i do not like him due to his overration,

you want me to speak calmly and properly more like a proper debator fine, will do, here goes.

canonically revan has never shown us the thought bomb, nor any of the powers the pod book claimed he discovered and keyed into the holocron, how often and how capable is he at doing them? he doesnt use them most of the time and bane who learnt it from revan therefore used it to its best, shaking down a temple and turning kasim to a pulp, and after pod pulling a moon out of orbit, thats far greater than revan ever will be,

seriously im sick of people saying "revan is god" "o revan is 2nd strongest jedi"

and do me a favour, stop going around and try to judge people when you dont know who they really are, like kasim, good debator? yea but he makes shit up and lies, want proof?

is your monologue over?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

Revan isn't god, but that doesn't mean that Revan isn't powerful ESB. Obviously if he knows the powers, he should use them as easily and skillfully since Bane applies it with superior power, which he learns from Revan, who has mastered it.

Considering Revan's period full of the Mandalorian Wars and the effects of Exar Kun's War and the Sith rising again, I would say he should be the master of the Dark Side Path of Destruction portrays him to be.

To lead the Sith Empire and the Star Forge, Revan has to be powerful to stop any assasination attempts.

BTW, ESB, you didn't capitalize smile

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 11:22 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look, I'm not a big fan of Revan's either (especially after that incompetent jackass of an author credited all of Bane's achievements to Revan), but neither Bane nor Revan are as powerful as Palpatine, and I would still count them both to be among the most powerful Sith Lords.

Regardless, this fight does seem to be a close one.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 03:18 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Darth Revan as of now triumphs, barely, but i'm sure he knew more Techniques than even Bane does, he found the Ancient Sith Empire, and in KoToR 2, something he used was VERY powerful, so he went to stop it(both Lightside and Dark Side) As soon as KoToR 3 comes out, most likely in a year or so, Revan will be the top dog

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look, I'm not a big fan of Revan's either (especially after that incompetent jackass of an author credited all of Bane's achievements to Revan), but neither Bane nor Revan are as powerful as Palpatine, and I would still count them both to be among the most powerful Sith Lords.

Regardless, this fight does seem to be a close one.

Eh while I don't share your enthusiasm, you have to admit it was inevitable. For months I've preached about Revan's power and potential as one of the most powerful and greatest, and I'm just glad it was confirmed in this book. But I'm a Revan fan so it was sweet.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Revan isn't god, but that doesn't mean that Revan isn't powerful ESB. Obviously if he knows the powers, he should use them as easily and skillfully since Bane applies it with superior power, which he learns from Revan, who has mastered it.

Considering Revan's period full of the Mandalorian Wars and the effects of Exar Kun's War and the Sith rising again, I would say he should be the master of the Dark Side Path of Destruction portrays him to be.

To lead the Sith Empire and the Star Forge, Revan has to be powerful to stop any assasination attempts.

BTW, ESB, you didn't capitalize smile

um ok so does that mean vodo is more powerful than exar kun since vodo was his master? no. and yes i dont deny revan being powerful, he is hella powerful but id still rank other sith lords above revan, Each sith has done extraordinary things, revan controled the star forge rather than it control him, bane created the rule of 2, palpatine came back from death many times, vader killed his oficers far far away, exar kuns spirit lived for over 4000 yrs.

any ways i never said revan is not powerful, i said he is still overrated, and no, he will never be 2nd to palpatine nor to nihilus, id put nadd and exar above him.

about this match as i said Bane has shown us more extraordinary talents,

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Darth Revan as of now triumphs, barely, but i'm sure he knew more Techniques than even Bane does, he found the Ancient Sith Empire, and in KoToR 2, something he used was VERY powerful, so he went to stop it(both Lightside and Dark Side) As soon as KoToR 3 comes out, most likely in a year or so, Revan will be the top dog
again bane has learnt mroe secrets in the tomb of freedon nadd, and no, revan will never be number1 as a jedi or a sith, try putting him against nihilus

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 06:17 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Adas
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
like kasim, good debator? yea but he makes shit up and lies, want proof?

laughing laughing
Could I have some proof?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 09:23 AM
Click here to Send King Adas a Private Message Find more posts by King Adas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

heres ur proof

and the potential = connection to the force thing, what a truck load of sh!t. so does that mean shimrra is ap.o.s just cuz he got no connection to the force? there you go

and the crimson empire? for vader to do something like that, he needs speed, and in the EU? hes fast, contradiction, ok must be, but so what? the point is IT HAS HAPPENED, what has HAPENED has happened ok? whats done is done, vader was shown fast on that timeline, that story, it is recorded, therefore credit must be given to it.

you thought he was slow in CE but ur wrong

Last edited by BoratBorat on Oct 17th, 2006 at 11:15 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 11:10 AM
King Adas
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
and the potential = connection to the force thing, what a truck load of sh!t.

You need to learn how to differentiate lies and mistakes. Not that it was really a mistake or anything, I just wasn't being too clear. What I meant was that force connection and potential are both a direct result of the midichlorians in a force users body, so when Vader got slaughtered by Obi-Wan on Mustafar, his current ability was affected as well as his full potential.

quote:
so does that mean shimrra is ap.o.s just cuz he got no connection to the force? there you go

Not that I even fully understood what you stated, but this analogy is clearly invalid, Shimmra isn't a force sensitive, he's irrelevant.

quote:
and the crimson empire? for vader to do something like that, he needs speed, and in the EU? hes fast,

This is why nobody respects you as a debater, you can't just make ridiculous claims without backing them up, provide evidence, provide an explanation for your points and stop being so damn vague.

quote:
contradiction, ok must be, but so what? the point is IT HAS HAPPENED, what has HAPENED has happened ok? whats done is done, vader was shown fast on that timeline, that story, it is recorded, therefore credit must be given to it.

WRONG!!

Credit cannot be given to anything that contradicts the movies, it renders it invalid.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 03:31 PM
Click here to Send King Adas a Private Message Find more posts by King Adas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by San'Doria
heres ur proof

and the potential = connection to the force thing, what a truck load of sh!t. so does that mean shimrra is ap.o.s just cuz he got no connection to the force? there you go

and the crimson empire? for vader to do something like that, he needs speed, and in the EU? hes fast, contradiction, ok must be, but so what? the point is IT HAS HAPPENED, what has HAPENED has happened ok? whats done is done, vader was shown fast on that timeline, that story, it is recorded, therefore credit must be given to it.

you thought he was slow in CE but ur wrong

youre an idiot

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 03:59 PM
Darth Sexiest
Master Of Darth Sexy

Whats San'Doria sayin?

Revan VS Bane?

Hmm, Revan?

Haven't seen Bane kick anybodies butt in an action sequence...

Eh...

Im too...stoned right now...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 04:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Sexiest a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Sexiest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Eh while I don't share your enthusiasm, you have to admit it was inevitable. For months I've preached about Revan's power and potential as one of the most powerful and greatest, and I'm just glad it was confirmed in this book. But I'm a Revan fan so it was sweet.

No. What turns me off to Revan now is that jackass who wrote the book.

His thoughts: "I made Revan... to be god... because I'm, quite frankly, pretty damn stupid. Skepticism on the 'Revan owns all' front is considerable... so I'm gonna have to do something to solidify his skills... so, I'm gonna make him responsible for all that a REALLY REALLY successful Sith Lord accomplished... hell, I'd probably do it for Palpatine if not for it already proven and a canon fact that everything he did was due to his own design... so... Bane'll do..."

My thoughts: "Bane invented the Rule of Two. Bane reorganized the Sith Order in the most efficient way. The guy who wrote this book screwed that up, because he's stupid, and is a KotoR nutjob. Revan's cool, but Bane's accomplishments own his, and that's the way it'll be."

The end.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 09:38 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. What turns me off to Revan now is that jackass who wrote the book.

His thoughts: "I made Revan... to be god... because I'm, quite frankly, pretty damn stupid. Skepticism on the 'Revan owns all' front is considerable... so I'm gonna have to do something to solidify his skills... so, I'm gonna make him responsible for all that a REALLY REALLY successful Sith Lord accomplished... hell, I'd probably do it for Palpatine if not for it already proven and a canon fact that everything he did was due to his own design... so... Bane'll do..."

My thoughts: "Bane invented the Rule of Two. Bane reorganized the Sith Order in the most efficient way. The guy who wrote this book screwed that up, because he's stupid, and is a KotoR nutjob. Revan's cool, but Bane's accomplishments own his, and that's the way it'll be."

The end.

While I respect your opinion Escape, I am rather pleased that Revan did come up with the idea. I'm not taking anything away from Bane because Bane EXECUTED it and his order was the most successful, but Revan's genius intellect is second to only Sidious..

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:20 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Sexy
youre an idiot

for the last time, you are a parrot, one who doesnt know how to shut up, again stop wasting your time you idiot

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:41 PM
-kV-

Yeah, I was glad Revan appeared. At least now he is not a total unknown. Still I kinda wished Bane could have at least made up the Rule of Two.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:42 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kas'Im
You need to learn how to differentiate lies and mistakes. Not that it was really a mistake or anything, I just wasn't being too clear. What I meant was that force connection and potential are both a direct result of the midichlorians in a force users body, so when Vader got slaughtered by Obi-Wan on Mustafar, his current ability was affected as well as his full potential.

Not that I even fully understood what you stated, but this analogy is clearly invalid, Shimmra isn't a force sensitive, he's irrelevant.

This is why nobody respects you as a debater, you can't just make ridiculous claims without backing them up, provide evidence, provide an explanation for your points and stop being so damn vague.

WRONG!!

Credit cannot be given to anything that contradicts the movies, it renders it invalid.

ok forgive for what i have said, i just checked the last thread again, very sorry. about the contradiction, i dont think it can be discarded, well i think you are correct about the skill and agility but not the speed, i mean come on in rotj after he fell of the stairs he made a 360 flip backwards because luke kicked him. there is nothing to contradict his skill and agility in the EU.

but even if they did make him fast in the EU in lets say RODV, it has already happened, done is done, even there is a contradiction, nothing canbe done because it has already happened, vader has done that, so for their next novel they are going to make sure that they dont overrate vaders speed so that it will not contradict the movies,

and id put kreia above revan for intelligence

Last edited by BoratBorat on Oct 17th, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:43 PM