KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Character Rating Chart!

Character Rating Chart!
Started by: Darth_noodle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
Plus Anakin uses Djem So which is supposed to be Makashi's weakness which could be another reason why Anakin did better against Dooku than Obi-Wan did even though Obi-Wan's slightly stronger overall.

skywalker seemed to be using ataro in his 1st duel with dooku

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Yoda beat Sideous in lightsaber combat and they were equal in the force fight. Yoda only lost because he's smaller and lighter and so fell off. he lost due to PIS and so that shouldn't count.

Anakin has better actual lightsaber skills and would have won if the fight had kept on going. Obi-Wan only won because he knew his former apprentice's personality and used it against him. That is called CIS.

the point is mace beat sididous in force power and blade combat, not just sabers like yoda. if you recall mace is why sids looks shriveled up
personality my butt, if anakin were a better duelist then he wouldnt have been diced he would have been able to counter the blade swing.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Man of Christ
skywalker seemed to be using ataro in his 1st duel with dooku

He switched saber styles in between aotc and rots i believe, to djem so.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_noodle

Originally posted by Elite Hunter

No, Anakin used Form 10 (dual saber style, which is Makashi's weakness) in the first part of the duel, than switched to Shein/Djem so(which is also makashi's weakness).

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth_noodle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_noodle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_noodle

Originally posted by playa1258
Obi's Stronger than Anakin? Where was that stated?

In AOTC, obi-wan is stronger than Anakin, no question about it. AOTC Anakin is equally strong as TPM obi-wan.

In ROTS, they were roughly equal, Anakin was a slightly better swordsman, but obi had more focus and stamina, making them pretty much equal.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth_noodle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_noodle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_noodle

Anakin knew Djem so in AOTC, but by the time of ROTS, he completely mastered Shein/Djem so.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:17 AM
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Darth_noodle
Anakin knew Djem so in AOTC, but by the time of ROTS, he completely mastered Shein/Djem so.

Show me the proof. I fairly certain that he practiced shien only at this point and applied ataru with jar kai against dooku.
quote:
No, Anakin used Form 10 (dual saber style, which is Makashi's weakness) in the first part of the duel, than switched to Shein/Djem so(which is also makashi's weakness).
I don't recall it being stated that jar kai was suppose to be a weakness of Makashi. And regardless if it was it did not affect Dooku since he beat anakin with it(i believe it was a jar kai-ataru mix) rather quickly.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I dont't know int he movie in thier duel Obi-wan looked a hell of alot more tired than Anakin who was not even breathing hard.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:45 AM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_noodle

Show me the proof. I fairly certain that he practiced shien only at this point and applied ataru with jar kai against dooku.
I don't recall it being stated that jar kai was suppose to be a weakness of Makashi. And regardless if it was it did not affect Dooku since he beat anakin with it(i believe it was a jar kai-ataru mix) rather quickly.

nvm my bad, Anakin only knew Shien at that point, and shien was makashis weakness. He was using jar kai/ataru in the first part of the duel, your right my bad.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:54 AM
Darth_noodle

Originally posted by playa1258
I dont't know int he movie in thier duel Obi-wan looked a hell of alot more tired than Anakin who was not even breathing hard.

What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:55 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Man of Christ
the point is mace beat sididous in force power and blade combat, not just sabers like yoda. if you recall mace is why sids looks shriveled up

That wasn't Mace winning a force fight, he only didn't get zapped because of his Lightsaber.

I suppose you'll say next then that Aotc Obi-Wan > Dooku in the force since Obi-Wan used his lightsaber to hold back Dooku's lightning with utter ease? he was smirking when he did it.

quote:
personality my butt, if anakin were a better duelist then he wouldnt have been diced he would have been able to counter the blade swing.

Think what you want, but you're wrong.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?

It's true. Look near the end, when Kenobi says "I have failed you, Anakin. I have failed you." he is breathing heavily, and Anakin is just standing there breathing through his nose. Anakin looks like he had just taken a stroll in the park and Kenobi looks like he had just run a marathon. Anakin has more stamina than perhaps anybody else, though Maul is debatable. Kenobi's probably third.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 02:54 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_noodle

Anakin was breathing slightly lighter than obi-wan because he wore obi-wan down with his powerfull djem so. What the f**k?

Last edited by Darth_noodle on Mar 2nd, 2008 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 05:31 PM
Darth_noodle

That wasn't Mace winning a force fight, he only didn't get zapped because of his Lightsaber.

I suppose you'll say next then that Aotc Obi-Wan > Dooku in the force since Obi-Wan used his lightsaber to hold back Dooku's lightning with utter ease? he was smirking when he did it.

Think what you want, but you're wrong.

Blax, Sidious is stronger in the force than mace, however, while using Shatterpoint and utilizing the superconducting loop of Vaapad, Sidious was, and is unable to use the force to break through Windu's defenses, therefor in a force fight, the two would be equal, Sidious unable to break Windu's defenses, and Windu unable to harm Sidious with the force.

Mace did not get zapped because of the superconducting loop and his lightsaber, which is partially using the force to deflect the lightning back and harm sidious. (the superconducting loop of vaapad is when an enemy uses the force to attack you, and you bounce it back and the attack hits your enemy).

AOTC obi-wan is not stronger in the force than Dooku because he was only able to defend himself from the lightning, he could not deflect it back and harm dooku like what windu did to sids.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 05:33 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only reason Mace turned the lightning back on Sideous was because of how close in proximity they were. The lightning was arcing off of Mace's lightsaber on to Sids. Has nothing to do with him being superior in the force.

Yoda and Mace both beat Sids in lightsaber combat.
However Mace used his lightsaber to block the lightning, whereas Yoda used the force.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_noodle

The only reason Mace turned the lightning back on Sideous was because of how close in proximity they were. The lightning was arcing off of Mace's lightsaber on to Sids. Has nothing to do with him being superior in the force.

Yoda and Mace both beat Sids in lightsaber combat.
However Mace used his lightsaber to block the lightning, whereas Yoda used the force.

Mace used a mixure of the force, vaapad, and his lightsaber to deflect the lightning, yoda used purely the force. Thats why Yoda is stronger in the force than mace is. whats your point?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 06:42 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

My point was that Yoda is stronger in the force. That was my point all along.

erm

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 06:46 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I level up Obi-Wan and add 10 more points in his Lightsaber skill. H4xx!11111

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 02:44 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Anakin was breathing slightly lighter than obi-wan because he wore obi-wan down with his powerfull djem so. What the f**k?

Yes, and I am curious, to which part of that are you wtfing? Oh and Anakin was breathing MUCH lighter than Obi-Wan.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 03:25 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_noodle

Originally posted by darthsith19
Yes, and I am curious, to which part of that are you wtfing? Oh and Anakin was breathing MUCH lighter than Obi-Wan.

Ok, so one dude breathes lighter than the other...wth does that have to do with anything?? Dont say "it means Anakin has a better stamina", because he doesn't. Obi-wan uses form III which conserves energy better than any other form.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 08:47 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Ok, so one dude breathes lighter than the other...wth does that have to do with anything?? Dont say "it means Anakin has a better stamina", because he doesn't. Obi-wan uses form III which conserves energy better than any other form.

He does. Stamina is how long you can do something physical before getting exhausted. Heavy breathing is a sign of exhaustion. Obi-Wan was breathing heavily. Anakin was not. Just because Soresu conserves energy better than any other form doesn't mean that EVERY Soresu user will have more stamina than ANY user of any other form. Remember, Anakin and Obi-Wan were also jumping around as well which is equally energy conserving for both of them. Also, during the duel between Dooku, Anakin and Obi-Wan in ROTS, Dooku and Obi-Wan were tired after a while but Anakin wasn't. This was stated in the script, I can give you an exact quote if you'd like.

Bottom line is, yes, Anakin has more stamina that Obi-Wan.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 10:54 PM