KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mr. Majestic Vs Thor

Mr. Majestic Vs Thor
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
keiththegreat

Majestic in a borderline stomp.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:32 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

Majestic. Easily.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:34 PM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Merlyn
Order Of...

Question,
I know they aren't permitted in this thread, but do majestic's blades defend against energy attacks by cutting the energy, or simply blocking it? I've heard both, but never one conclusive answer.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:36 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Both.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:39 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Merlyn
Question,
I know they aren't permitted in this thread, but do majestic's blades defend against energy attacks by cutting the energy, or simply blocking it? I've heard both, but never one conclusive answer.
Majestic's Kusar Blades can block energy in a blunt fashion:
(please log in to view the image)

AND cut/absorb it:

So the answer to your question is "all of the above."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Merlyn
Order Of...

Awesome. Thanks!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:43 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by keiththegreat
Majestic in a borderline stomp.
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Majestic. Easily.

And I'm overestimating Thor? Lol.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:44 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
And I can list some impressive feats off of Thor's resume, which is superior to Majestic's.

So in your opinion Majestic maybe has a slight edge in strength which means Thor can hit noticeably harder with Mjolnir in hand depending on the power behind it. If so, how does Majestic get even a single win?

How do you justify him beating someone who's a peer physically but able to hit harder in a slug fest contest? You think he's going to knock Thor out before Thor takes him out with Mjolnir? The only way that would be possible is if he had a noticeable strength and/or durability advantage, or something to give him an edge like energy attacks from a distance or something. And none of that is true here.

Thor wining 9 or 10 out of 10 doesn't mean it's an epic stomp or anything, you know that right? Each individual fight can be tough.

I know of them but on average, majestic is slightly stronger.

I don't think thor hits much harder with mjolnir than without it. He has a striking power edge, but its not huge.

I was more like "the probability of thor winning a single match is 6/10".

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:51 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Thor wins 10/10 if they are just taking turns hitting each other and Thor has Mjolnir. Majestice could maybe take some if it was fist only for both.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:54 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Depends on what the OP means. If it's a punching slugfest w/ Majestic allowed to use his speed/skills, I'd say Thor 6/10.

A normal fight between the two where each character is allowed the full range of their basic abilities, I'd say Majestic 6/10.

But if it's a trade-off kinda slugfest, with Thor being allowed Mjolnir amped shots on a one by one exchange of hits shouldn't even be a question, IMO. It would be Thor 10/10.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 04:00 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keiththegreat

Even if their strength is close, Thor's durability lately is pathetic. He's getting manhandled by everyone. I honestly doubt he's conscious after one punch.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 04:29 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by keiththegreat
Even if their strength is close, Thor's durability lately is pathetic. He's getting manhandled by everyone. I honestly doubt he's conscious after one punch.

Thor just took on grey hulk/gravage hulk together and was stalemating them both written by PAD himself.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 04:35 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

What does speed have to do with a slug fest? They stand their trading shots to the chin.

Combat speed. I mean, unless they're literally going 1:1 on punches/hammers. A faster character could get more attacks in, and could also dodge some of the others' blows. I assume skill is a factor as well, which isn't a huge edge for Majestic, though he'd still have one.

I really shouldn't have to explain all that; it's common sense, and a regular forum argument.

I also haven't said Majestic wins. I just find it silly that you can't fathom counter-arguments.

Thor wins this fight like every time.

Every time? Or like every time?

Last edited by Digi on Oct 29th, 2012 at 04:51 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 04:49 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Thor. Good fight though.

@ Majestic stomping Thor easily. There is literally nothing Majestic has done feat wise to justify such a response in a slug fest.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 05:15 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Jake, what comic is that Captain America quote under your sig from? I like it.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 05:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Galan007
Jake, what comic is that Captain America quote under your sig from? I like it.

It's from Captain America #444. Here is the page in particular.

It is quite possibly my favorite quote of dialogue concerning Captain America.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 05:23 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor just took on grey hulk/gravage hulk together and was stalemating them both written by PAD himself.

Thorbag!!!!
sick

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 05:24 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's from Captain America #444. Here is the page in particular.

[IMG]http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Courage.jpg[ /IMG]

It is quite possibly my favorite quote of dialogue concerning Captain America.
Awesome. thumb up

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 05:25 PM
CosmicComet

1. Standing in one-spot trading punches--Thor gets the edge.

2. Brawl with both fighting to their best--Majestic clearly, as he won't forget that he's thousands of times faster in reflexes.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 05:29 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Digi
Combat speed. I mean, unless they're literally going 1:1 on punches/hammers. A faster character could get more attacks in, and could also dodge some of the others' blows. I assume skill is a factor as well, which isn't a huge edge for Majestic, though he'd still have one.

I really shouldn't have to explain all that; it's common sense, and a regular forum argument.

I also haven't said Majestic wins. I just find it silly that you can't fathom counter-arguments.

That's exactly what they're doing, so yea, my statement stands. To clarify, Majestic punches Thor in the face, stops, Thor hits Majestic in the face, rinse and repeat until Majestic someone falls.

Heh, irony.

Lol? I'm sorry, I'll refrain from pointing out the holes in your arguments then.

Originally posted by Digi
Every time? Or like every time?

Every time.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Oct 29th, 2012 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 06:46 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote