KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars characters modeled after historical figures

Star Wars characters modeled after historical figures
Started by: jpsmith5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neutrality
Yes, who thehell cares. It is all made up bs. However, there is no proof in the that the Bible points out that Lucifer is Satan (Who is completely different in OT and Judaism). Revelations does say that Jesus is the Morning Star (Lucifer).

I know your young, but even I knew this at your age. I suggest doing some reading. I gave some names, reseach them and you will see that Satan is not referred to as Lucifer, until Jerome.
I will not say where I got this as I'm sure it will be scorned.

"You sound like Lucifer man!" You've lost it! You're talking about War on God!..................Well f*ck that, I have seen what happens to the proud when they take on the throne."

Believe me, the guy who wrote that line knew his Christian History.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yes he was making a comparison, and I put my own opinion in the matter. Plus 'Lighten Up' (this goes to you to, Lord Caltor) is a relative term, and you have no way of knowing that I may have casually wrote that post (which I did). Plus, unlike you , I have done research into what GL based it off (including his own twists).

Also I never said it was real life (or comparing it to).. I did say it was a myth, but that is not real (despite myth being linked to ones 'Self' - and even then the reality is far different than the myth.).
Yes, I had no way of knowing your mood at the time, so I MUST assume.

The words you wrote did not sound like those of a relaxed person, but someone who was on edge.

And like I've said in another thread, GL may have got some ideas from history, but he was still making a f*ckin movie. A movie to entertain the public, not lecture them on his own research. The whole SW world is a Goddamn fantasy land!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neutrality

Originally posted by Tangible God
I will not say where I got this as I'm sure it will be scorned.

"You sound like Lucifer man!" You've lost it! You're talking about War on God!..................Well f*ck that, I have seen what happens to the proud when they take on the throne."

Believe me, the guy who wrote that line knew his Christian History.

Lol, Dogma, you have got to be kidding me.

Here is wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Neutrality a Private Message Find more posts by Neutrality Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Lol, Dogma, you have got to be kidding me.

Here is wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer
Yeah, still a fun movie though. But kevins Smith did say he had extensive Christian education, and he chose to make fun of it. I doubt though that he would depict JC challenging God for control and being cast out of the gates of Heaven to dwell in Hell for eternity. BEFORE JC was even recorded being born.

In the 2000 years since Jesus's supposed birth, things can get muffed.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 10:55 PM
Neutrality

So what, I have had a Christian education to. What does it matter you claim he knew his Christian history.. well Christian history is wrong when taken from an unbiased point of view.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Neutrality a Private Message Find more posts by Neutrality Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

i heard darth maul was modelled after the devil???

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Originally posted by Tangible God
You'll only be banned if they find out your Muslim. They'll be scared you self-destruct yourself with a supervirus and take the system with you.

we better ban someone who thinks we may ban someone just for being 'Muslim'

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Rawr. Thou hast been warned.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 06:18 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

(cowers) No, don't ban me for making a joke about a religion to the ppl who see even the tiniest trace of racism in said joke, and hence are most likely Bush Bashers and Liberals, no please! I beg of you!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 06:58 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So what, I have had a Christian education to. What does it matter you claim he knew his Christian history.. well Christian history is wrong when taken from an unbiased point of view.
Still though, two millenia since his time, and ppl believe that nothing about his life and tales changed? Seems pretty gullible.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 07:01 PM