KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Darth Revan

Darth Bane vs. Darth Revan
Started by: -kV-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
While I respect your opinion Escape, I am rather pleased that Revan did come up with the idea. I'm not taking anything away from Bane because Bane EXECUTED it and his order was the most successful, but Revan's genius intellect is second to only Sidious..

Hey, I wouldn't have cared if Revan's holocron taught Bane his powers, but the damn ideas for which the guy is credited for? Preposterous. But, again, that jackass needs to be kicked in the nuts for having such God awful bias for his own character.

Makes me detest Revan, and KotoR, and that guy as an author.

Regardless, Bane was more crucial to the rise of the Sith than Revan. You're right. Revan created the template, but Bane refined it, executed it, and made the Sith stronger because of it. Hence, he accomplished more, and hence - though Revan possesses considerable intellect and skill - Bane was more important.

Still hate the guy who wrote the book, though.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

Originally posted by Escape81
San'Doria, I normally don't go out and try to be blunt with fellow debators, but you're too arrogant for my taste. Quit pretending that you're a skilled debator and incredible intellectual, when the truth is that you're neither.

Learn the proper uses of grammar, and how to construct a sentence.

Then, maybe the rest of us will take you seriously.

LOL

pwned

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 04:19 AM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by zephiel7
LOL

pwned

as if you got something better to say you troll
you cant even construct a proper arguement

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 06:16 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by San'Doria

Good one, you done yet?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 06:23 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes i am

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 06:27 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

LOL.

Whether or not I can construct a proper argument (according to your opinion, which matters little to me) is not the subject matter. I am merely stating the general belief held by people on this forum, that is you are a really, really, really bad debater. First of all, clear presentation is a key skill that any debater needs to properly convey their argument. TRY TO CAPTALIZE in the beginning of a sentence. TRY TO USE PERIODS. Your presentation is quite frankly, of piss poor quality.

Your arguments are usually substantiated by little more than ridiculous, drawn out scenarios (which are often rife with fallacy). Sometimes you bring irrelevant matter into a debate. Very often, you fail to put things in context.

Last edited by zephiel7 on Oct 18th, 2006 at 08:04 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 07:58 PM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Adas
Restricted

Account Restricted

lmao, BURN!!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 08:16 PM
Click here to Send King Adas a Private Message Find more posts by King Adas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

quote:
Regardless, Bane was more crucial to the rise of the Sith than Revan. You're right. Revan created the template, but Bane refined it, executed it, and made the Sith stronger because of it. Hence, he accomplished more, and hence - though Revan possesses considerable intellect and skill - Bane was more important.

Revan taught him the basic technique, and Bane did refine it. However, that doesn't mean Revan poured all his knowledge and skill to Bane. He taught him how to do it and Bane has to master it. Like how a Jedi teaches his Padawan how to Force Push with aim, the Padawan has to practice and master it.

Revan was in a time where chaos was everywhere. Revan apparently held a whole Sith Empire. We saw what normal Sith in KOTOR could do, if Revan can hold thousands of them along with powerful greedy Sith masters, he must be very skilled.

And guys, let's not flame one another. We're debating here, not saying who sucks and who doesn't.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 08:25 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL.

Whether or not I can construct a proper argument (according to your opinion, which matters little to me) is not the subject matter. I am merely stating the general belief held by people on this forum, that is you are a really, really, really bad debater. First of all, clear presentation is a key skill that any debater needs to properly convey their argument. TRY TO CAPTALIZE in the beginning of a sentence. TRY TO USE PERIODS. Your presentation is quite frankly, of piss poor quality.

Your arguments are usually substantiated by little more than ridiculous, drawn out scenarios (which are often rife with fallacy). Sometimes you bring irrelevant matter into a debate. Very often, you fail to put things in context.
really bad debator? what do you have to say about yourself? do you think you are that much different?Hell you yourself cant even stand by your arguements. I am merely stating that you are a d!ck, i have said nothing to you and right here right now you prove your ignorance trying to judge people. Who are you to judge anyone? no offence but i find you the worse debator in kmc and no im not saying im any better, what you try to throw at me ill throw it back at you get it? the smart thing for you to do is keep your mouth shut, and dont type shit at other people when you dont reall know what they are

and your arguements? they are pathetic, you back them up with fanboyism,

number1) i took into consideration about what you said.
number2 ) quit acting like a really good debator
number 3)take a look at yourself before you mention other people

Last edited by BoratBorat on Oct 18th, 2006 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 10:54 PM
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

Lets see, Revan vs Bane? Revan wins this for sure, Revans overwhelming force powers would destroy Bane, lets look at the attack Revn taught Bane his force wave that collapsed the Temple on Lehon. That attack was a direct unleashing of Banes force energy and it could liquefy flesh, Bane pretty much drained himself there. Now lets look at Revan who's force connection was described as "the heart of the force", it was so powerful you could literally see the force swirling around him passively, he was so powerful in the force he was able to A. Overpower a planets worth of Dark Side energy and B. Draw up Dark Side energy from space to overpower and break Jedi, Now if Revan did the same attack he taught to Bane to him, Bane would be pulverized into dust.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Dr. Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AcStylesVer01
Lets see, Revan vs Bane? Revan wins this for sure, Revans overwhelming force powers would destroy Bane, lets look at the attack Revn taught Bane his force wave that collapsed the Temple on Lehon. That attack was a direct unleashing of Banes force energy and it could liquefy flesh, Bane pretty much drained himself there. Now lets look at Revan who's force connection was described as "the heart of the force", it was so powerful you could literally see the force swirling around him passively, he was so powerful in the force he was able to A. Overpower a planets worth of Dark Side energy and B. Draw up Dark Side energy from space to overpower and break Jedi, Now if Revan did the same attack he taught to Bane to him, Bane would be pulverized into dust.

Again i see "R3v@n !$ Th3 H3@rT 0f tH@ F0rCe". Does that prove anything at all? how would you even know revan ever used that blast although he taught it to bane? just because revan taught that to bane it meansrevan is more powerful? no, does that mean vodo is stronger than exar because vodo was his teacher?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:02 PM
-kV-
[:::::{============)

quote:
really bad debator? what do you have to say about yourself? do you think you are that much different?Hell you yourself cant even stand by your arguements. I am merely stating that you are a d!ck, i have said nothing to you and right here right now you prove your ignorance trying to judge people. Who are you to judge anyone? no offence but i find you the worse debator in kmc and no im not saying im any better, what you try to throw at me ill throw it back at you get it? the smart thing for you to do is keep your mouth shut, and dont type shit at other people when you dont reall know what they are

Enough ESB. And you too Zephiel. Don't go flaming each other. Everybody here are good debators, some being slightly better than others. And San'Doria, Zephiel is hardly the worst debator at KMC.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:04 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

he is when it comes to revan and kotor dudes, and fine ill drop it, only makes me ignorant to continue...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:06 PM
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

Again i see "R3v@n !$ Th3 H3@rT 0f tH@ F0rCe". Does that prove anything at all? how would you even know revan ever used that blast although he taught it to bane? just because revan taught that to bane it meansrevan is more powerful? no, does that mean vodo is stronger than exar because vodo was his teacher?

I gave other examples, now didn't I, had you read it you would have seen that. Its pretty stupid to think Revan couldn't perform a power he teaches especially one as simple as unleahsing your reserves of force energy into one blast. The difference between Vodo/Exar and Revan/Bane is unlike Vodo, Bane did infact learn pretty much everything from Revan.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Dr. Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree that Zephiel is a Revan-fanboy, and his arguments relating to Revan and his superiors (Luke, Jacen, Palpatine, Kun, ect) suck, because he can't handle the fact that these people own him.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

and your arguements? they are pathetic, you back them up with fanboyism,

number1) i took into consideration about what you said.
number2 ) quit acting like a really good debator
number 3)take a look at yourself before you mention other people

ROFLMAO! Oh man, this is a good one...

I merely offered criticism on your poor debating style. I see it did little else then get you riled. If you cant take it, then continue to get pwned by everyone in the forum.

For now quit being a .... Troll

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:10 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AcStylesVer01
I gave other examples, now didn't I, had you read it you would have seen that. Its pretty stupid to think Revan couldn't perform a power he teaches especially one as simple as unleahsing your reserves of force energy into one blast. The difference between Vodo/Exar and Revan/Bane is unlike Vodo, Bane did infact learn pretty much everything from Revan.

Okf irstly have we ever seen revan do those blasts? Never before.
And the p.o.d book stated he keyed it into his holocron and taught it to bane, Logically number1 that means he hardly used them since we have never seen him demonstrated it, Number 2 since he doesnt use it he is not as good as using it as someone like bane who goes ballistic with them.
The more you practice the better you are right?

and last of all even the dark side source book stated exar kun completely mastered lightning, but do you ever see him use it? do we ever assume its part of his arsenal and in debates do we ever say exar will fry this guy with lightning? no, same thing with revan

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:13 PM
zephiel7

Originally posted by Escape81
I agree that Zephiel is a Revan-fanboy, and his arguments relating to Revan and his superiors (Luke, Jacen, Palpatine, Kun, ect) suck, because he can't handle the fact that these people own him.

Way to put words in my mouth buddy. I think that Revan stands no chance against Luke OR Sidious...

As for Kun, I have yet to see an argument on your part supporting that he will win... unless you want to go with the familiar routine of ZOMG TEH AMULET BLASTS!

I also find it slightly humourous that you are trolling by stating that my arguments suck without showing how they suck.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:15 PM
Mr Krieger

About the people saying "Revan didn't do crap for the Sith", he wasn't a true Sith, he didn't have the Psycho Killer thing going for him, he wasn't really Evil, he turned for the sake of the Galaxy, not for his own gain, which is what Malak did, he didn't want to make a Sith Order

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Way to put words in my mouth buddy. I think that Revan stands no chance against Luke OR Sidious...

As for Kun, I have yet to see an argument on your part supporting that he will win... unless you want to go with the familiar routine of ZOMG TEH AMULET BLASTS!

I also find it slightly humourous that you are trolling by stating that my arguments suck without showing how they suck.

Don't waste your time with this moron

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote