KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Power girl, Supergirl, Wonder woman vs Thanos

Power girl, Supergirl, Wonder woman vs Thanos
Started by: danielgamer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WhiteWitchKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not canon.

Duh. I saw this comic before you ever did. I don't need you running around telling me about things when you don't know shit.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:20 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:28 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Honestly, the team does have a minimal shot just because of the lasso unless Thanos has some weird defense against it.

Hm. Thanos is one of those rare beings outside the jurisdiction of Lord Chaos and Master Order. Along with Warlock. I think because he is/was the Avatar of Death, while Warlock was the Avatar of Life. Thus representing concepts greater than anything LC and MO can govern. I don't know how that works against the lasso, but it stands to reason that he wouldn't fall under the power of something governed by the goddess of truth.

I'd say he one-shots Supergirl. I was going to say he one-shots PG, too, but....she's got pretty nice durability feats. I was kind of impressed with the beating she took at the hands of Kal-L.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 05:25 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It's been a while but if memory serves correctly, the Marvels were shown to resist the lasso's power during the All-Star Squadron and Crisis on the Infinite Earths arcs. There was also the War of the Gods story line when getting the lasso around Billy caused so much of a disturbance Diana could not hold on. Of course it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened. There have been other instances. I know that, but I can't remember any off the top of my head, because frankly, I never actually cared about Diana too much. The only reasons the Marvel instances came to mind is because of the recent New Men portrayals in "Justice League: A Crisis on Two Earth's" movie where they had an interesting take on the Marvel's.

All Pre-Crisis references to the lasso can be largely ignored, as it really was just a magical device back then, and was thwarted on a number of occasions -- in the Post-Crisis timelines, it is a powerful artifact/extension of the very embodiment of universal truth. (BTW - even during Crisis, the lasso worked against the Marvels -- Diana had Mary bound and while she was resisting, she couldn't get free and would have been eventually overwhelmed, but was freed via outside assistance/WW getting ganked from behind by Junior, and Diana was still up and fighting in the next panel). All instances of the lasso being "worked around" in the modern era stem from the nature of truth, itself, and how sometimes it doesn't always work in Diana's favor (i.e. writer caveat concerning the metaphysics of the situation involved); while it might work against Thanos, as it did with Darkseid, I could also see Diana gaining insight into Thanos and, after the lasso releases him, she realizes that she (and the girls) aren't *meant* to stop him in a given scenario, akin to when she tried to stop Bizarro in the (non-canon) Trinity story years ago -- the lasso "broke" as the Cosmic Truth was that Bizarro was an inherent force of chaos, and she wasn't supposed to be stopping him. Similarly, when she first lassoed Ares in WW#6 (2nd Series), he was rendered powerless and forced to see the future consequences of his actions; afterwards, however, the lasso released him, as his being the embodiement of war meant that it was the utter truth of his nature to be the way he was, and therefore the lasso did not *prevent* him from taking action, but did sufficiently awaken his awareness to the point that he withheld destroying the world. If applied to Thanos in a similar vein, Thanos may "break free", but be taken aback by the "truth" that, while he is a powerful being, and hell-bent on universal control, he will never actually achieve his goal, as he will fall short time and time again, a victim of his own flaws and desires. A narrative solution, and not "forum-friendly", but that would likely be the only way the ladies could be assured of any wins, in this context (though the three go down fighting).

Thanos 7-8/10, with Supergirl going down first, Diana lasting the longest thanks to the Aegis Bracers, and Karen doing the most relative damage for the team against Thanos.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Last edited by tideoftime on Mar 1st, 2010 at 07:29 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 07:24 AM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by tideoftime
All Pre-Crisis references to the lasso can be largely ignored, as it really was just a magical device back then, and was thwarted on a number of occasions -- in the Post-Crisis timelines, it is a powerful artifact/extension of the very embodiment of universal truth. (BTW - even during Crisis, the lasso worked against the Marvels -- Diana had Mary bound and while she was resisting, she couldn't get free and would have been eventually overwhelmed, but was freed via outside assistance/WW getting ganked from behind by Junior, and Diana was still up and fighting in the next panel). All instances of the lasso being "worked around" in the modern era stem from the nature of truth, itself, and how sometimes it doesn't always work in Diana's favor (i.e. writer caveat concerning the metaphysics of the situation involved); while it might work against Thanos, as it did with Darkseid, I could also see Diana gaining insight into Thanos and, after the lasso releases him, she realizes that she (and the girls) aren't *meant* to stop him in a given scenario, akin to when she tried to stop Bizarro in the (non-canon) Trinity story years ago -- the lasso "broke" as the Cosmic Truth was that Bizarro was an inherent force of chaos, and she wasn't supposed to be stopping him. Similarly, when she first lassoed Ares in WW#6 (2nd Series), he was rendered powerless and forced to see the future consequences of his actions; afterwards, however, the lasso released him, as his being the embodiement of war meant that it was the utter truth of his nature to be the way he was, and therefore the lasso did not *prevent* him from taking action, but did sufficiently awaken his awareness to the point that he withheld destroying the world. If applied to Thanos in a similar vein, Thanos may "break free", but be taken aback by the "truth" that, while he is a powerful being, and hell-bent on universal control, he will never actually achieve his goal, as he will fall short time and time again, a victim of his own flaws and desires. A narrative solution, and not "forum-friendly", but that would likely be the only way the ladies could be assured of any wins, in this context (though the three go down fighting).

Thanos 7-8/10, with Supergirl going down first, Diana lasting the longest thanks to the Aegis Bracers, and Karen doing the most relative damage for the team against Thanos.

Okay, I just skimmed through the wall of text, and basically what you're saying is I should ignore any of the scenarios from around the Crisis era, and the three somehow win because Thanos breaks down after seeing the "truth". You do know who Thanos is right? And Universal control is no longer his goal. And he could achieve it if he wanted to as he has.

I see Karen hurting her own fists before she manages to do any actual damage to Thanos.

The lasso also failed to stop Doomsday in Doomsday Wars. And Brainiac was inhabiting his mind so he wasn't some mindless animal.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 11:45 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Not canon.

Power Girl's boobs are connon though

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 12:21 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Okay, I just skimmed through the wall of text, and basically what you're saying is I should ignore any of the scenarios from around the Crisis era, and the three somehow win because Thanos breaks down after seeing the "truth". You do know who Thanos is right? And Universal control is no longer his goal. And he could achieve it if he wanted to as he has.

I see Karen hurting her own fists before she manages to do any actual damage to Thanos.

The lasso also failed to stop Doomsday in Doomsday Wars. And Brainiac was inhabiting his mind so he wasn't some mindless animal.

Wow.

You *totally* missed the underlying points I put forth, with comparative instances between similar characters/situations, simply because reading a thought-out paragraph was too much for you... Using Darkseid/Ares situations to compare to Thanos' own history -- I am not saying that is the definitive situation, by any means. It was an *example*, dude...

And yes, I am very much aware of who Thanos is as a character -- I was just using the above instances to illustrate how the ladies might make a win or two of the situation. What part of my saying Thanos would win like 8/10 didn't you get?

And I don't make any apologies for my posts -- plenty of people around here have posted much longer on other topics, and not made nearly as much sense as I have. I at no point said the ladies would take any major wins -- merely demonstrated how they *plausably* could (and you not seeing how that is possible shows how *you* don't know enough about the characters involved). In a number of my other posts, I say "X" will win a majority, but then go on to show how the lesser side might eke out wins, both to be balanced, and to better illustrate how the situation could play out. Don't have to do that for Thanos' side, 'cus he'll just Batkick the hell out of them for an easy majority - no explanation on that needed...

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 02:56 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

The lasso needs physical contact doesn't it?

Force shields take care of that. Could they pound through it before he puts them down? Could he teleport the lasso away?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 03:11 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by 753
The lasso needs physical contact doesn't it?

Force shields take care of that. Could they pound through it before he puts them down? Could he teleport the lasso away?

Gotta love force fields! Thank God a reason for Thanos and Apocalypse to ignore the cheap artifact!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 03:16 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by tideoftime
Wow.

You *totally* missed the underlying points I put forth, with comparative instances between similar characters/situations, simply because reading a thought-out paragraph was too much for you... Using Darkseid/Ares situations to compare to Thanos' own history -- I am not saying that is the definitive situation, by any means. It was an *example*, dude...

And yes, I am very much aware of who Thanos is as a character -- I was just using the above instances to illustrate how the ladies might make a win or two of the situation. What part of my saying Thanos would win like 8/10 didn't you get?

And I don't make any apologies for my posts -- plenty of people around here have posted much longer on other topics, and not made nearly as much sense as I have. I at no point said the ladies would take any major wins -- merely demonstrated how they *plausably* could (and you not seeing how that is possible shows how *you* don't know enough about the characters involved). In a number of my other posts, I say "X" will win a majority, but then go on to show how the lesser side might eke out wins, both to be balanced, and to better illustrate how the situation could play out. Don't have to do that for Thanos' side, 'cus he'll just Batkick the hell out of them for an easy majority - no explanation on that needed...

erm laughing out loud

I'm uh sorry?

I didn't think you'd take the wall of text comment so seriously.

When did I say I had any problem with the majority you gave to Thanos?

I know enough about these characters thank you very much. sad

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 03:19 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

erm laughing out loud

I'm uh sorry?

I didn't think you'd take the wall of text comment so seriously.

When did I say I had any problem with the majority you gave to Thanos?

I know enough about these characters thank you very much. sad

Your statement above would be cute, except that your previous response made it clear that you are very much down-grading the (as stated slim) chances the ladies would have; therefore, that makes your response seem at least mildly sardonic. And as I stated, your response made it clear that you didn't read what I had posted, and afterwards did not take the context of my response into consideration, nor the valid cross-examples given.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:10 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Duh. I saw this comic before you ever did. I don't need you running around telling me about things when you don't know shit.
I thought you wanted me to take you seriously but I guess your posts are just a series of jokes. I guess I struck a nerve. I have been out of comics for some time pre 2007 but I'd say it's safe to say I am a lot more knowledgeable than you are.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

Thanos wins, but then he gets arrested by the NYPD for...sexual harrasment.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 06:03 PM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Not canon.
laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 06:07 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by galactusischere
Thanos wins, but then he gets arrested by the NYPD for...sexual harrasment.

Thanos is into Goth chicks!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 06:10 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Original Smurph
laughing out loud
smile

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 06:13 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

Originally posted by the ninjak
Thanos is into Goth chicks!

Im sure that he is into big boobs too.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 06:14 PM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by galactusischere
Im sure that he is into big boobs too.

heh!

But I'm sure he gets plenty of them when needed.
He would kill these girls.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 06:19 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Not canon.

Quan buddy they are just joking. I know you're Thanos but you don't have to defend yourself against every joke that is posted.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 06:34 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Quan buddy they are just joking. I know you're Thanos but you don't have to defend yourself against every joke that is posted.
As Thanos I feel it's my duty.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 06:39 PM