KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » The Magic Star Wars future/past-o-scope! (Games in development)

The Magic Star Wars future/past-o-scope! (Games in development)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's the central plot point of the Classic intro!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 25th, 2005 10:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Oh, I was only reading about the Classic thing on the first page of the thread - I didn't realise you'd done another one! stick out tongue

BTW, it's spelt differently... stick out tongue

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 10:34 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blame my brother for that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 25th, 2005 10:39 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
laughing out loud

Woohoo....a laugh....stick out tongue

Old Post May 25th, 2005 10:39 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Blame my brother for that.

Blame him for everything, huh? stick out tongue

I noticed the misspelling too and just thought "ehh...typo..."

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:50 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I assumed it was a typo too. I was just saying it to be annoying... stick out tongue

Thanks for getting Tanic's pistol back!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 10:11 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ahh, the little things that make people happy...

In fact, so long as you do this right, it's nothing but good news for the Dark Side for a while!

BtVS

Old Post May 26th, 2005 10:25 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Wooooo! Now, all we need is padawans!

And yeah, the little things make me happy. Plus now Tanic has two pistols again smile

Old Post May 26th, 2005 10:28 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna was pretty damn happy to have killed Helkin, hehe....

Okay, lets actually do this RIGHT, then. For a nice change.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:48 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Tanic was pleased enough to assist. Also, made him more receptive to Rianna - she gained some respect for running him down.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:53 PM
Peach
mordrem

Hehehe....there wasn't a chance in hell that Rianna was going to let him escape.....

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:57 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Tanic wasn't going to let him get away with his pistol again!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:22 PM
Lord Melkor

So, Ushgarak, what is the state of Kotor era game? I was really looking forward to it.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:38 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Exists in framework but not in detail.

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:52 PM
Lord Melkor

So there is no way Sith vs Jedi or NJO game could be viable in not very distant future?

And yes, I am indeed a powerful thread necromancer.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 06:30 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sith play is different- it is TOTALLY different to current Dark Side play. This part of the game is going to be where the largest differences are. It is also probably going to be pretty difficult! Anyone from either side of the current game can try this, and in fact probably better if veterans of the current game, rather than new players, look in this direction.

It seems this game may never see the light, but I would still be grateful if you could comment on how the Sith play would look like, being drastically diffrent from PT Darkside experience. How would the party conflict be handled?

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Jan 23rd, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 12:05 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oddly enough, I was just talking about that with my brother the other day...

Fact is, that little plot snippets from that game are actually around. Whilst that happens the game is never off the agenda entirely.

Dark Side play is entirely orientated aorund survival and the forced team ethic. It is examining this facet alone of the Dark Side- the selfish desire for self-perpetuation, which I think is advanced as actually the principle component of any Dark Sider's existence, along with its eventual futility (survive for what reason? Is it enough to just live? In this respect, the Force is a bit of a curse because it makes you realise there is more to life, as it were).

A Sith game takes us beyond that mere survival... well, it's a war, so that's an issue, but it's not the same situation. Your enemies have at least as much chance as dying as you do. The survival question is basically taken care of at this point in time, so it is looking harder at the 'for what'? question. For power? To rule the Galaxy? is that a worthwhile and practical thing? Is it the ambition of every Sith?

Alongside that, it is about playing a Dark Sider in a formal, but evil, structure, not unlike what we see in the Imperial game. What would it actually be like to work for a mighty Sith Lord, good and bad (good and bad practically, not morally).

It's a harsh experience for the players because there are not many ways to get ahead in the Sith, if you get my meaning. But if you simply kill all your comrades to get a promotion then the Jedi kinda win by default.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 23rd, 2007 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 12:31 PM
Lord Melkor

Well, I am still looking forward for the chance of this game being played. Sith are more epic and awe-inspiring that simple Imperials, and provide a chance for more vicious politics and dynamics. I assume struggle between Nidar and Esgabath is like kindergarten compared to real Sith rivalry. Not to mention the chance of mass Sith versus Jedi combat.

And there is one more thing- in game set so long ago the fate of the struggle is not predetermined by movie plot and characters. Without Skywalker and Sidious around it may well depend on player characters to save or damm the world. Especially that players may don`t know the outcome of the war. There are comments in ROTS heavily implying that Sith at last once won against the Jedi, likely destroying one of the previous versions of the Republic- "opression of the Sith will never return", "once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy." Let the players feel uncertain as they attempt to affect history.

By the way would you envision for Master-Apprentice relationship as the basis of training Sith or something like Sith Academy?

Anyway, I think that the "ancient" game has awesome potential, likely as much as Pt-Ot combined, having the best elements of both, with most of their limitations gone.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 08:55 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's definitely Master/ApprenticeS.

The attempt to build an Academy, as far as this game's plot is concerned, was the Avalar plotline.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 09:07 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Well, I wasn't enthusiastic about this idea until Melkor brought up some interesting points. I like the idea of no predetermined outcome. No one in the galaxy would be untouchable as far as plot. That's the one thing that is always in the back of my mind with th other two games: You know what's comming, eventually. That's technically beyond the scope of those games, however, since we are still responsible for the outcome of our own events. I think you get the idea though. Still, we've got plenty to do for now...

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 10:54 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote