KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Hero of Tython Respect Thread

The Hero of Tython Respect Thread
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Based
iPinoy

Re: Re: The Hero of Tython Respect Thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
What about Star Wars Galaxies?

Doesn't even remotely come close if you're serious.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Posting because the previous Tol Braga video no longer exists.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2014 06:30 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty sad that you spend time on checking if the videos still work.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2014 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hero of tython is awsome and my character in swtor

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Apr 17th, 2014 06:45 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

New Accolades:

"We've lost one of our noblest Masters, but in his place stands a Jedi without equal." - Satele Shan (Act 1 ending)

"But he also forged our greatest weapon against the darkness." - Satele Shan (Act 1 ending)

"His (Vitiate) power is growing. Only you can stop him." - Orgus Din (ghost)

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Another accolade:

"I'm glad to finally meet you in person. They say you're the greatest Jedi the order has seen in generations." - Tol Braga (Act II start)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 06:25 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I like how they say generations, since Tol knows about Revan. wink

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 07:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Just completed Act 1 of the Jedi Knight Class. Have like three accolades I felt deserved to be recognized. Let me know if you are interested.

As far as the story and character is concerned, I didn't enjoy it. Being a Lightside character feels incredibly generic, and whenever I freedom sparks for me to show romantic interest in Kira, I am rewarded with Darkside points. The story was all over the place, and while I did enjoy the one Sith boss per mission, they all seemed to have the same exact damn attacks. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I also rolled my eyes over the destruction of that one planet's atmosphere, for it was obvious they were trying to get me to give a damn like I did about Taris, but instead I smiled a little bit. I had 150% more fun being the maniac Darth Nox, killing everyone for no reason with my famous quote "murder and mayhem await." There is nothing more satisfactory then playing as a character whose ego is so large they literally say "I really am the best" to the ****ing Dark Council. Ultimately, the Knight Act 1 story had no where near the emotional and moral attachment that grasped me to KotOR, the darkness and comedy of KotOR2, or the fun and energetic story of the Sith Inquisitor. I hope Act 2 and 3 are better.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 11th, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Knight story is shit, I'm reminded of that now that I'm levelling my guardian, how I ever got a sentinel to 55 back without exp buffs is beyond me.

I too noticed a few quotes that I can give, and a few quotes that makes the strike team seem way less powerful (Woop) if you want them.

If you want a more Kotor 2ey story, I quite enjoyed the consular. Act 1 kind of sucked, but in act two you save the republic not through personal power alone, but through diplomatic intelligence. You rally hundreds to your cause, gain an army that could probably lay waste to Dromund Kaas itself and save the republic alone, but all in a more insightful way that I actually found cool. A lot of people hate on it, but IMO it's up there with the agent story.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Whenever I freedom sparks for me to show romantic interest in Kira, I am rewarded with Darkside points.

Pretty sure only one is like that. Only female Knights work that way.

Anyway, stop playing now. It gets worse. Much worse.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:20 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'll take any quotes you can give me that add to thread, though you can keep the ones about the Strike Team Sel. Respect thread, remember.

Ant, I told you not to go lightside. You shoulda gone dark like I told you, its more interesting. The story does pick up in Act 3 though.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 09:11 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ugh I know...just I wanted to do the canonical story.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 11th, 2014 at 01:37 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:32 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

There is no canonical story. Be as much of a douche as you want and bang that woman. Darkside is also cooler because you and Kira talk about how much better things would be if you know, the Jedi kinda, took over everything. For the good of everyone of course. Kira is surprisingly darkside in some of her comments, since she used to be a Sith.

Also gimme dose quotes.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It is generally accepted Lightside for Republic characters, Darkside for Imperial characters.

Say you love me again, and I will. I have four quotes.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:37 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well it shouldn't be, since subverting that expectation is something that makes the game really fun. Lightside Imperials and Darkside Republics are more interesting.

I'm not mad at you anymore and I might come back to chat at some point.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:41 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:44 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:44 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Love you.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:46 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Just finished Act 2 in about 5 hours. I really enjoyed it. It was infinitely better then the first Act, and better the KotOR 2 as well. Scourge and Braga were badass.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 09:50 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

You'll breeze through Act III then. It's by far the shortest.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 09:52 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote