KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Boba Fett in EpIII...Wookie scalps or Padawan Braids?

Boba Fett in EpIII...Wookie scalps or Padawan Braids?
Started by: PVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Boba Fett in EpIII...Wookie scalps or Padawan Braids?

This was touched on a looong time ago. it was mentioned briefly and then forgotten, in a previous post:

During the OT, we all have come to know those braids on boba's shoulder as being Wookie scalps. Since there was no connection between Fett and the Jedi at the time, no one questioned otherwise.

But now, knowing that a jedi killed his beloved father, would it not stand to reason that BobaFett will take part in the great purge/slaughter of the jedi?
Those tainted with spoilers know that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anakin will storm the jedi temple and slaughter the younglings/padawans...so who's to say that boba won't give him a hand?

So the point is, could those braids actually be padawan braids?

It would explain the connection between vader and boba seen in ESB.
"no disintegrations", like he has worked with boba before.
and "the empire will compensate you if he dies" as opposed to his "deal" with Lando "i am altering the deal..."

Why is Vader so respectful and fair towards Boba? There seems to be some kind of evil kinship between the two. Vader treats his own admiral like expendable dogmeat, so why is Boba so...special?

i think we will find out why May19

any thoughts?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 07:43 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

erm EP3 is 2 years after ATOC, that would make BoBa around 10-12 at the time of EP3......not likey to happen. sad

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 07:45 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

hey, kids can be evil bastards too, you know!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 07:48 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

laughing laughing laughing
well seeing as Im a teacher Im going to have to agree! wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 07:50 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

Re: Boba Fett in EpIII...Wookie scalps or Padawan Braids?

quote:
Originally posted by PVS
This was touched on a looong time ago. it was mentioned briefly and then forgotten, in a previous post:

During the OT, we all have come to know those braids on boba's shoulder as being Wookie scalps. Since there was no connection between Fett and the Jedi at the time, no one questioned otherwise.

I don't recall seeing any braids on Boba Fett's shoulder, and I just watched Episode V today.

However, I believe the kid could pull off being Boba in this film. Did anybody see those pics of him in the fan-made Boba costume? Not bad.

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:15 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
captain-N
Restricted

Account Restricted

no way

shave my legs and call me grandpa
www.hasanyoneseenmymonkey.com
my monkey is caled=Mr.squeezy

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:32 PM
Click here to Send captain-N a Private Message Find more posts by captain-N Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarabi
Bad Mother ****er

that's an interesting theory but problem is his age !
it would be hard for him to kill padawans with mini lightsabers blasting them with his mini blaster.
but it does make sens !
and we can make the parallele clonetroopers/stormtroopers and understand why he is so at ease with them in Bespin.

The Yavin Beetles Eater

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Scarabi a Private Message Find more posts by Scarabi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

I have wondered the same thing since seeing Ep 2.

Canon will probably keep with Wookie hair, since its already been established, although its not like Lucas worries to much about continuity. I like the Padawan braid idea though, it makes more sense, adds a bit more drama, y'know?

Does anyone know if the Padawan braid was thought up by Lucas in some form at the time of the OT? An early PT script summary or something?

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rustiswordz
Rusty i aint......

As A demonstration to Vader/Anakin of his loyalty to the Dark Lord, the young Boba Fett is given the task of apprehending the Gungan Ambassador Jar Jar binks. However during the battle the bumbling pillock Jar Jar pisses boba off so much he blasts him with an Acme disinter-o-matic disruptor rifle and vaporises Jar Jar into a screamin pile of goo.

Hence the reason Vader says in ESB: No disintergrations. (what you didnt hear at that point was Boba saying to vader: 'dont worry no one else pisses me off that much...) wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:38 PM
Click here to Send rustiswordz a Private Message Find more posts by rustiswordz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Huh?

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

he is under the impression he's the forum commedian creech messed

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 11:46 PM
captain-N
Restricted

Account Restricted

the onley one being scalpt is ani

shave my legs and call me grandpa
www.hasanyoneseenmymonkey.com
my monkey is caled=Mr.squeezy

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 03:16 AM
Click here to Send captain-N a Private Message Find more posts by captain-N Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

interesting thought but I don't think bobba fett will be in episode 3 he probibley still learning how to use all of his dad suit unless his father made him his own suit who knows one character I will miss in ep3 is watto he was cool as junk dealer.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 12:46 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

quote:
Originally posted by darktim1
interesting thought but I don't think bobba fett will be in episode 3 he probibley still learning how to use all of his dad suit unless his father made him his own suit who knows one character I will miss in ep3 is watto he was cool as junk dealer.

It has to be a different suit, doesn't it? I mean, it's a different color than Jango's. Isn't it?

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 02:03 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rustiswordz
Rusty i aint......

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
he is under the impression he's the forum commedian creech messed

Someone has to be wink

eek! laughing Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 05:24 PM
Click here to Send rustiswordz a Private Message Find more posts by rustiswordz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok, i know i'm reaching here...but what if boba returns to camino and
requests that they accelerate his growth? smile

ok ok i guess that far fetched...but no more than the theories floating around
about palps being a clone or a shapeshifter, right?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 12:46 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

I'm 95% sure that they can't accelarate his growth after he's been "born", I thought it was a genetic tampering thingy they added to the soldiers. Now that Boba is alive, I don't think they could speed up the process.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:06 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by PVS
ok, i know i'm reaching here...but what if boba returns to camino and
requests that they accelerate his growth? smile

thats a reach and a half laughing

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:12 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i know it would be weird to see a young boba killing padawans,
but i dont like the alternative...

would it not be kinda lame to have such a build up story
of boba fett, only to have his significance wiped away by not bringing him into ep3? there is SUCH a story behind him now. his dad is the original stormtrooper, the jedi killed his father, he held his dead father's mask close to him and swore silently "i will avenge you father".

and years later he would do just that by:
tracking down a smuggler and delivering his frozen body to jabba the hutt.
what a slacker

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:14 PM
The Rover

If that happened (boba getting excellerated growth), I'd shit in George Lucas' coffee.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:15 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote