KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Telepathic Battle: Martian Manhunter vs. Professor Charles Xavier

Telepathic Battle: Martian Manhunter vs. Professor Charles Xavier
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Professor Charles Xavier 61 59.22%
Martian Manhunter 41 39.81%
Too close to tell 1 0.97%
Total: 103 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

This is a battle of telepaths. Here's the rules.

1. Both can ONLY use their telepathic abilities. Martian Manhunter is NOT allowed to use any of his other powers (i.e superstrength, superspeed, Martian vision.
2. They don't know anything about each other. They have just met.
3. Professor Charles Xavier is at his normal power levels (i.e. no Onslaught). Martian Manhunter is at his normal power levels (i.e no Fernus).
4. Due to recent events Martian Manhunter is no longer vulnerable to flame and no longer fears it. (The Burning storyline of the JLA).
5. No outside influences. MM can't call in the JLA. Prof. X can't call in the X-Men.
6. No enhancements. MM cannot use Martian technology to boost his telepathy. Professor X cannot use Cerebra.

Discuss and debate! stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 12:12 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

probably xavier, DC operates in a higer level in terms of strenght and speed, the telepaths are Marvel territory.

I do read in dcguide that the martians have a special thelepathic attack that they can use only once, and i think MM already use it to defend the earth so....

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 01:40 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I say MM.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:30 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

me to

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:53 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Noone likey this thread? sad

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:15 AM
ayjay
Psycho....

i think charles...dat dude is a hectic telepath....it hink u would posses the cerebral strength to take out MM

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:17 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Xavier

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:20 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Believe it or not, Martian Manhunter is a stronger and more adept telepath than Charles Xavier. MM is capable of mind-reading, astral projection, psi-bolts, and mindwiping just like Charles Xavier is. However, there are a few things in favor of our favorite Gumby.

When Charles Xavier first discovered his mutant powers, he endeavored to train himself in the use of his powers. MM on the other hand is quite different. The Martian society that MM grew up has thousands of years of culture and advancement. The Martians were all telepathic and developed new and different techniques as years passed on. MM absorbed all of these techniques instantly via telepathy. MM's brain virtually houses thousands of years of telepathic techniques, battle strategies, and training. Charles Xavier was self-taught. MM is capable of connecting with every sentinent person on Earth. Charles is incapable of this action without the aid of Cerebra. MM once mindwiped 70 different people around the globe simultaneously, including Lex Luthor. Charles Xavier exhausted himself mindwiping ONE (i.e. Magneto). MM has literally everyone of his peoples', from the beginning of his race to the end, telepathic prowess, experience, and techniques. Charles Xavier only has his experiences. MM takes this one without a doubt.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:33 AM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

After I heard that, maybe I put my money on MM.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:37 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Yay! I converted one. And Doctor Doom, no less!

Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:39 AM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Charles has one power MM doesn't. Telepathic manipulation. He couldn't connect with everyone on earth, but he could control the actions of everyone in his vincinity, possibly further. Remember, with the help of Jean Grey, he subdued the Phoenix.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 07:16 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69
Believe it or not, Martian Manhunter is a stronger and more adept telepath than Charles Xavier. MM is capable of mind-reading, astral projection, psi-bolts, and mindwiping just like Charles Xavier is. However, there are a few things in favor of our favorite Gumby.

When Charles Xavier first discovered his mutant powers, he endeavored to train himself in the use of his powers. MM on the other hand is quite different. The Martian society that MM grew up has thousands of years of culture and advancement. The Martians were all telepathic and developed new and different techniques as years passed on. MM absorbed all of these techniques instantly via telepathy. MM's brain virtually houses thousands of years of telepathic techniques, battle strategies, and training. Charles Xavier was self-taught. MM is capable of connecting with every sentinent person on Earth. Charles is incapable of this action without the aid of Cerebra. MM once mindwiped 70 different people around the globe simultaneously, including Lex Luthor. Charles Xavier exhausted himself mindwiping ONE (i.e. Magneto). MM has literally everyone of his peoples', from the beginning of his race to the end, telepathic prowess, experience, and techniques. Charles Xavier only has his experiences. MM takes this one without a doubt.

o0o...hmm...maybe i go with MM...i didnt know he was THAT powerful....he mayb beat da lil baldy

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 07:20 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Charles couldn't connect with everyone around the globe without Cerebro, but he did contact aliens several light-years away. Maybe Martian Manhunter could control more people, but I think Xavier has a more powerful affect on them. Martian Manhunter's powers are moreso for communication, causing memory loss, and incapacitating his victims. Charles can do all of this and manipulate his victims. Magneto had developed limited mental abilities to resist Xavier's control. All of the people Manhunter mindwiped were only humans with no resistance to him. Xavier also defeated the Shadow King by himself on the Astral Plane. Don't count him out of the fight quite so quickly.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Jan 7th, 2005 at 03:16 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:13 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Xavier takes down the somewhat jolly green gaint

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:24 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

If your talking about Hulk, Mainstream, that isn't a very good comparison. Despite Bruce Banner's genius, Hulk's mind is actually very fragile.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:34 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

To supessucks:

A very valid argument. Charles CANNOT contact aliens light-years away. He can only contact his off and on soulmate the Shi'ar Queen Lilandra. Martian Manhunter is capable of mental manipulation, even more so than Charles Xavier. He has more than two-thousand years of telepathic experience. Charles Xavier only has his own limited experience. Everything Charles can do, MM can do better. The Shadow King is one very powerful opponent that Charles barely defeated (at the cost of his legs no less). MM once battle 400 White Martians in psychic combat and won. Charles Xavier was a self-taught telepath. MM was a war general that studied and mastered over two-thousand years of Martian telepathic techniques, skills, and principles. In essence, Charles Xavier has barely scratched the surface. It's like comparing a elementary school math student to a Harvard-educated mathmatician. Its no comparsion. The things that Charles has mastered as an adult, MM had mastered as a child. All Martians are naturally telepathic. Telepathy is their way of life. They've created hundreds of styles, techniques and skills for thousands of years. MM mastered them all. MM takes this one.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:20 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

mm all the way. i cant imagine what i could add that draco hasnt said but remeber that MM has mindwiped 70 equally powerful pychics, and made them believe they were ordinary beings plus manipulated world leaders in the middle east all the way from his home in colorado.

shadow king is one guy who charles took 4ever to beat, he needed help with phoenix, he could barely contain proteus even though he was assissted by psylocke. lastly when sebastian shaw was trying to unleash phoenix to suit his needs, and the entity took over and was about to kill shaw he boke out his patented lame ass "if you kill, you'll be no better than him" speech. he was trying to shut down her emotions talking bout, "no jean i wont let you kill him, i wont let you be a murderer" or something like that and the phonenix who now took over jean gave him a quick lash and shut him the f*ck up.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:34 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Manjaro, for the record, Phoenix is much more powerful than Professor X or Martian Manhunter.

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69

A very valid argument. Charles CANNOT contact aliens light-years away. He can only contact his off and on soulmate the Shi'ar Queen Lilandra. Martian Manhunter is capable of mental manipulation, even more so than Charles Xavier.

Has Martian Manhunter ever exhibited Mind control? Mindwiping Telepathic linking, and Mind control are all completely different. His profile does not say that he has Mind control, but I have given you the benefit of the doubt. When Professor X shut down magneto's conscious he was not exhausted. He absorbed Magneto's conscious and powers and became Onslaught, who would definately beat Martian Manhunter in telepathic combat. Professor X has communicated telepathically with the X-Men and Starjammers from lightyears away (once again, during the Phoenix Saga,) and the Shi'ar (not just Llylandra.)

Training and strategy can only take you so far. Ability is key. I hate to do this but this is the only semi-accurate way of comparing Marvel and DC characters; click on each of the links below.

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/martian_manhunter.htm
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/professorx.htm

The chart says Xavier's mind is more potent.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 02:18 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

To supessucks:

You're basing your assumptions on a internet role-playing game?!

What the f**k?

ONCE AGAIN you have confused the 90's cartoon with the comic book. Charles Xavier did NOT communicate telepathically with the X-Men and the Starjammers light-years away. This never happened. Charles Xavier was unable to do so because the Cerebro was limited to Earth. Charles Xavier WAS exhausted from mindwiping Magneto. He was bedridden for days. Magneto's subconscious infected Charles Xavier. This was catalyst for him becoming Onslaught. All of the angry, negative feelings that Charles Xavier had been supressing broke free. Charles Xavier never had Magneto's powers when he was Onslaught. He just had Juggernaut's powers and his own immense strength.

The "resources" are completely irrelevant. One: because its freakin Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game. Two: It's not a reliable source because it has several inaccuracies about his powers (MM doesn't have heat vision).

Experience and Strategy ARE the Keys. MM has techniques Charles wouldn't dream of. Also his brain is different. He can constantly shapeshift his brain to confuse Prof. X. He once made his entire brain into a right hemisphere so that he could escape a maze designed by the Joker. (Rock of Ages/JLA). Charley is going down for the very same reasons I stated above.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 02:45 AM
Cosmic Cube

Hey, it was the best I could do. Onslaught does have command of Magneto's magnetic power. Before I continue to debate, are they fighting on the astral plane?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 03:06 AM