KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader's fate could have been like Dooku's

Vader's fate could have been like Dooku's
Started by: Cybervader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cybervader
Master of Cyberspace

Vader's fate could have been like Dooku's

We see in RoTS that in order to have Anakin as his apprentice, Sidious has to remove dooku, as the Sith only operates in two - one master and one apprentice. Anakin (the would-be apprentice) was asked to kill off dooku.

In RoTJ, Sidious wanted to turn Luke to the dark side.

EMPEROR: "Now..fulfil your destiny and take your father's place at my side!"

Didn't he just asked luke to kill Vader? When he said "fulfil your destiny" it was as good as saying 'strike your father down"..Vader must have been blindly loyal by bringing luke before the Emperor,it was as though they were discussing the removal of vader openly.

Surely Vader knew about the Sith's Rule of Two. It is my belief that when he heard the quote above by his master, he remembered Dooku dying in his hands,and finally it dawned on him that he was to die in order for luke to become a Sith apprentice.That is why, in addition to luke's appeals, he made up his mind to kill sidious once and for all.

If not, Vader's fate could have been the same as Dooku - killed by the would-be apprentice, Luke Skywalker this time round.

"I still find your lack of Faith disturbing..."

Last edited by Cybervader on Jun 16th, 2005 at 08:46 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:44 AM
Click here to Send Cybervader a Private Message Find more posts by Cybervader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Why are the Siths such cheapskates?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:46 AM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Mech Vader wasnt what Sidious wanted when he seduced Anakin. When he saw someone stronger come along he jumped at the chance to get it right.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:52 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cybervader
We see in RoTS that in order to have Anakin as his apprentice, Sidious has to remove dooku, as the Sith only operates in two - one master and one apprentice. Anakin (the would-be apprentice) was asked to kill off dooku.

Didn't he just asked luke to kill Vader? When he said "fulfil your destiny" it was as good as saying 'strike your father down"..Vader must have been blindly loyal by bringing luke before the Emperor,it was as though they were discussing the removal of vader openly.

Surely Vader knew about the Sith's Rule of Two. It is my belief that when he heard the quote above by his master, he remembered Dooku dying in his hands,and finally it dawned on him that he was to die in order for luke to become a Sith apprentice.That is why, in addition to luke's appeals, he made up his mind to kill sidious once and for all.

If not, Vader's fate could have been the same as Dooku - killed by the would-be apprentice, Luke Skywalker this time round.

hmm... Good theory.

But I honestly don't think Lucas came up with the 'rule of two' until the PT...

Also, don't forget, that Vader also wanted Luke for himself...

VADER: Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and we can rule the galaxy as father and son. Come with me. It's the only way.

Vader wanted to turn Luke and have him kill Palpatine so he could take Palpatine's place with Luke as his apprentice...

And Palpatine wanted Luke to replace Vader. Luke was everything Vader was before the suit. With Luke, they would be even more powerful... [edit: Ast beat me... What he said ;p ]

Last edited by DeVi| D0do on Jun 16th, 2005 at 08:55 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:53 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Justice Pie
Jedi Padawannabe Anaclint

Everyone just wanted Luke on their team!

The Rebellion, Vader, Palpie... He was a hot commodity!

And the sick find health relief.
-Zen chant

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Justice Pie a Private Message Find more posts by Justice Pie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Hot stuff!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:14 AM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cybervader
Master of Cyberspace

QUOTE: "And Palpatine wanted Luke to replace Vader. Luke was everything Vader was before the suit. With Luke, they would be even more powerful..."

Hmm..are you trying to say that vader was not as powerful as what anakin as anakin would have been? And that anakin as anakin and luke are just as powerful? that's very interesting..i do not think this have been discussed before..

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 06:14 AM
Click here to Send Cybervader a Private Message Find more posts by Cybervader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: Vader's fate could have been like Dooku's

Originally posted by Cybervader

umm...duh.

why do you reckon palps was cackling when luke cut off vader's hand? he was waiting for luke to kill vader and join the darkside....

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 06:33 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

been discussed plenty o times your just a noob.

luke was not as strong as anakin was b4 the suit but with time and training he would of been.(as he is in the eu after ROJ)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 06:36 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

wow, talk about stating the obvious...threads these days...

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:26 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cybervader
Master of Cyberspace

Originally posted by Stealth Agent
been discussed plenty o times your just a noob.

Ok..let me ask you what right u have in sayin that? It does not mean that i joined this forum in 2005 i had not been in other SW forums before this..And just because you know something does not mean that i'm a less SW fan than you Stealth Agent!

I'm so sick and tired of hearing arrogant 'contributors' of this forum who looks down on others..We are all here in the name of SW and pls do not tarnish it with your foul elitist attitude. Thank you very much.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:07 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

You gotta cut us some slack if we seem a tad touchy... we've been through a lot of shit the past few months... it's only beginning to return to normality... slowly. very slowly.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:12 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
You gotta cut us some slack if we seem a tad touchy... we've been through a lot of shit the past few months... it's only beginning to return to normality... slowly. very slowly.

You felt this change? Strange that I have not. Are you sure your feelings are clear on this matter?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:21 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Come on, at least we don't have "Plagueis is Anakin's father" and "Mace beat Palpatine" threads popping up every two seconds... now, we only have them every two minutes... at least that's a start wink

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:02 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

No but overall, I think we have gotten alot more straight up assholes.(not implying anyone)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:22 AM
Justice Pie

Originally posted by Ast Rofan
No but overall, I think we have gotten alot more straight up assholes.(not implying anyone)

Could it be because your(as a whole) tactics lack tolerance?
People are new, let them be. The more you fight the more they'll resist.

-Zen chant

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:39 AM
Click here to Send Justice Pie a Private Message Find more posts by Justice Pie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

People can be new but they don't have to be assholes. (which most of them are)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:42 AM
Justice Pie

People can be new but they don't have to be assholes. (which most of them are)

Well, if they BEGIN as assholes, then I have no excuse for them. Bad parenting...?
But I know that sometimes people react to negative stimuli and it is most likely going to be a negative reaction.

-Zen chant

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:46 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Vader wanted to turn Luke and have him kill Palpatine so he could take Palpatine's place with Luke as his apprentice...

So why did he then stop Luke from killing the Emperor? Hadn't vader blocked Luke's saber it would have killed Palps.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:38 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Vader probably didn't think just the act of Luke killing Palpatine would be enough to turn him... he needed more time to manipulate him and lure him to the Dark Side.

Kinda the same as Dooku's death. Anakin didn't turn just by killing Dooku... sure, it had a large effect on him, but it wasn't great enough to turn him.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:45 AM