KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Defenders vs. The Avengers

The Defenders vs. The Avengers
Started by: Betageuze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Betageuze

The Defenders vs. The Avengers

Following Defenders:

Dr. Strange, Namor-the Sub-Mariner, Silver Surfer, Savage Hulk

versus the

following Avengers:

Thor, Hercules, Wonderman, Iron-Man, Hawkeye, Captain America, Vision

who will own this ?

and what are the one on one encounters here ?

without preparation.....

i will put those matches:

Silver Surfer - Thor

Hulk and Namor ... against.... Hercules, Wonderman, Iron Man

Strange have to put against Visioin, Cap and Hawkeye...

hmm.... very difficult i think

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:42 PM
Betageuze is currently offline Click here to Send Betageuze a Private Message Find more posts by Betageuze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
Strange have to put against Visioin, Cap and Hawkeye...

laughing out loud

But the Defenders win.

Is Namor fresh from water?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:46 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Hawkeye and captain America arent going to do zip.

wich version of Iron Man and Wonder Man?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:51 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Betageuze

yes darky..... Sub-Mariner is fresh from water..... smile

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:51 PM
Betageuze is currently offline Click here to Send Betageuze a Private Message Find more posts by Betageuze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

Its a sad day in Avengerian history.............

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:52 PM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Betageuze

the Wonderman ... who beat Tyrannus (formerly known.. as the Abomination) ... and "classic" Iron Man.... from the 80ies i think smile

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:53 PM
olympian

More like it the Defenders. Hercules and Thor alone cant pick up the whole trash on theyr own.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:54 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

Strange= Put up initial force field, augment it, yadda yadda, make it thrice stronger, Cytorrak the heck outta the Gods, move into Astral Mode, kill all !!

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 01:15 PM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Oh no, looks like a bad day for the Avengers, they should disband and three months later get back together and have Iron Man complain about money in every line he's given.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 04:02 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Check out "The Order" limited series from a few years ago. The original Defenders are under a curse that makes them ruthless athoritarians. It takes just about all the other major superheroes to stand up to them. This could go either way, but I'd lean toward the Defenders.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 04:08 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Strange= Put up initial force field, augment it, yadda yadda, make it thrice stronger, Cytorrak the heck outta the Gods, move into Astral Mode, kill all !!"

Silver Surfer is on this level as well, Thor id the only guy on the Avenger team who could hope to match these guys (and he still comes short).

This is a no brainer Defenders take this :

A more evn Avengers Team would look like this:

King Thor
Gennis Mar vell
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Current She Hulk
Sentry
Iron Man

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 04:23 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I THINK HULK MASH

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 04:29 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

U IST RITE

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 04:32 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

big grin

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 04:33 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

big grin

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 04:33 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Avengers win. Iron Man can take out namor alone cuz IM can just suck the moisture out of him. Herc and Wonder Man together can easily take out the Hulk, seeing as how one of them alone gives him alot of trouble. Thor can hold off SS until he gets some help from Hercules, and then SS is screwed. Vision, Cap, and Hawkeye i think can hold off Dr. Strange until they get help from Wonder Man, and then Strange is screwed cuz in Wonder Man's completely ionic form i doubt Strange could do much to him.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 10:40 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

quote: (post)
Originally posted by armandovalles
hold off Dr. Strange until they get help from Wonder Man, and then Strange is screwed cuz in Wonder Man's completely ionic form i doubt Strange could do much to him.

What makes you think that? When the Defenders are operating, it's s.o.p. for Strange to lock the Hulk up in a floating bubble when he rages out of controll. I don't know why he couldn't contain Wonderman just as easily.

This isn't to say that a Defender victory is a given. They ruled in The Order, but lost in the old "Avengers/Defenders War" waaayy back when. Again, by the numbers it should go to the Defenders, but the Avengers we're talking about are both powerful and resourceful. I can see scenarios where they win, but consider them less likely to do so.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 11:18 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Avengers win. Iron Man can take out namor alone cuz IM can just suck the moisture out of him. Herc and Wonder Man together can easily take out the Hulk, seeing as how one of them alone gives him alot of trouble. Thor can hold off SS until he gets some help from Hercules, and then SS is screwed. Vision, Cap, and Hawkeye i think can hold off Dr. Strange until they get help from Wonder Man, and then Strange is screwed cuz in Wonder Man's completely ionic form i doubt Strange could do much to him.

Your apparently haven't read Order

Strange K.O’ed all the avenger roster

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 03:00 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Defenders, with ease.

IM and Thor are their only true competitors.

Wonderman and Herc would get their asses handed to them by the Hulk. Hulk has nearly killed both of them individually, and he has manhandled all the Avengers, including Thor.

Surfer could give all of his teammates the power cosmic. Then the Avengers would really be fudged.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 03:05 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd not say easily. and i'd put thor against strange (thor beats loki everytime and from what i've seen of the threads most think loki above strange - me i think it's close but strange ain't taking thor down quickly no matter what he does) and ss against ironman. (ss fans laugh all you'd like - i could show a scan of im absorbing ss powers and ko'ing him with it - i could show a similar scan of im absorbing terrax's power and ko'ing HIM with it as well) then herc (classic herc has NEVER been beaten by the hulk) and wm could work on the hulk. i could also show a scan of a great 1on1 battle cap dished out to namor!! actually, it was an awesome fight, though namor did win it in the end. but it wouldn't BE 1on1 - vizh and hawkeye would help cap ko namor without too much trouble i'd think, then help the others. vizh could solidify in hulk's brain or they could find another way to beat him or at least eliminate him from the fight. then all of them work on strange and ss.

i could certainly see this going either way.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 03:59 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote