KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Star Fox vs Han Solo

Star Fox vs Han Solo
Started by: vpokdekjyafmidp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

Star Fox vs Han Solo

dogfight

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 02:18 AM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

if in space, i say solo. that falcon of his.....

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 04:33 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

yeahh

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 09:11 PM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Well considering that Fox took out armies alone and with 2 or 3 companions by his side is a damn good accomplishment. And the fact that the falcon, with both Chewbacca, Han and Luke (with Han and Luke using the guns while Chewbacca fiering) still had trouble beating 3 tie's. Fox is a better pilot than normal tie pilots and his ship is much more manuverable, he also has some deadly missiles and blaster fire. And how the hell is Han going to shoot him down????

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 10:02 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

han = human with experience in shooting down humans
star fox = fox with experience shooting down monkeys

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 11:10 PM
MadMel
Heh

han has the fastest ship in the galaxy, and its very manuverable..probably not as manuverable as fox's but its speed more than makes up for that....and i personaly dont see fox flying through the death stars interier at 100mph or whatever it was that lando was doing. solo and his falcon is too good.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 05:22 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

I do... And Vpok, I can't belive you are comparing monkeys from Star Fox with humans from our world, they are practiaclly the same. There are almost no humans in Star Fox, and the animals there behave exactly like humans, so how can u compare them. And my question was, how the hell is he going to shoot him down. When Ties where flying around the Falcon, Luke and Han manned the guns as Chewie controlled the ship, how the hell is Han going to do the same alone, especially to someone with much better piloting skills and a much better ship than a tie. His upgraded laser and his missiles could penetrate the Falcons defences easily. Also note that Arwing can stand still in the air, it could park itself above the Falcon and fire the hell out of it.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 04:24 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

OR the falcon could MOVE

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 09:05 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

You fail to respond to everything else, and the Arwing is so much more manuverable, he could easily stay atop of the Falcon. While the Falcon must fly around he could just stand at 1 position and fire the hell out of it, then when he cam in front of it just loop over it again.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 10:18 PM
MadMel
Heh

the falcon is way too fast for one arwing to stay on top of it, by the time fox gets to that stratagy the flacon will be shooting at him at a relativley slow speed.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 11:27 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

And how will the Falcon shoot exactly? Need I remind you that this is Han alone in the Falcon vs Fox. Luke and Han had trouble taking down some ties while Chewbacca was driving, you think Han could pull that off alone against a combatant who is a much, much better pilot, has a ship which blasters and rockets has teard through Space Stations, and is excellent at dodging. Falcon fully manned flees from Ties while Fox alone or with 3 companions flies into armies alone and comes out barley scratched.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 11:41 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
han has the fastest ship in the galaxy, and its very manuverable..probably not as manuverable as fox's but its speed more than makes up for that....and i personaly dont see fox flying through the death stars interier at 100mph or whatever it was that lando was doing. solo and his falcon is too good.

Um Fox has been through alot worse scenarios. And you can't even say that Han is a better pilot because of that, it was Lando. And it's still not half as impressive as what Fox has done.

Flwon through a corridor chasing a robot. The corridor is barley enough to fit his space ship in. The whole place is falling apart. Fox is dodging roof parts that's falling down at the same time he's shooting the robot, avoiding his attacks, and controlling himself not to fly into him. And this is at a larger speed. He also flew through the core to Andross which is almost the same as the death star. Normal X-Wings and Ties flow through the Death Star too.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 11:47 PM
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by kamikz
And how will the Falcon shoot exactly? Need I remind you that this is Han alone in the Falcon vs Fox. Luke and Han had trouble taking down some ties while Chewbacca was driving, you think Han could pull that off alone against a combatant who is a much, much better pilot, has a ship which blasters and rockets has teard through Space Stations, and is excellent at dodging. Falcon fully manned flees from Ties while Fox alone or with 3 companions flies into armies alone and comes out barley scratched.

there are proton torpedos and blasters at the front of the ship... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 11:57 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

And that will have a shot against Fox who has dodged rain of missiles and blaster fire. Why didn't Han use that when they were attacked by Ties? Probably because they were to fast or flying around the ship, probably what is going to happened here. Lando was only seen using those things, and that was with a co-pilot sitting beside him. And they only shot it at the core of the death star, doesen't mean they have to hit a fast moving target.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 12:00 AM
xxxpoppunker182

the falcon isn't made for fighting it's a smuggleing ship it's made for high tailin it from stardestroyers.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 07:53 AM
xxxpoppunker182 is currently offline Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

it aint a fighter, but its got some pretty descent s**t where it counts

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 08:21 AM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

But it can't defeat Fox in his Arwing, at least not when only Han is manning the ship.
The blasters and torpedos in front are not the best at fast moving targets, it has only been shot at the generator because the missiles would miss elswhere and the shots only go straight forward. There is a reason Luke and Han manned the out guns when they were attacked by a couple of Tie's.
The Falcon take too many hits by a blaster either, and Fox blaster can be re-loaded into a huge blaster shot that would destroy a big part of the ship, homing missiles that will do the same. And Fox can eithe boost his ship into high speed (without lightspeed) and stop his ship at will. He can do a 180 turn too.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 10:53 AM
badacyborg

Han Solo Wins. He's also got two great quotes: "Great kid Don't get cocky" (Star Wars, duh) and if that don't work "get off my plane!" (Air Force One)

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 08:30 AM
badacyborg is currently offline Click here to Send badacyborg a Private Message Find more posts by badacyborg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Originally posted by kamikz
But it can't defeat Fox in his Arwing, at least not when only Han is manning the ship.
The blasters and torpedos in front are not the best at fast moving targets, it has only been shot at the generator because the missiles would miss elswhere and the shots only go straight forward. There is a reason Luke and Han manned the out guns when they were attacked by a couple of Tie's.
The Falcon take too many hits by a blaster either, and Fox blaster can be re-loaded into a huge blaster shot that would destroy a big part of the ship, homing missiles that will do the same. And Fox can eithe boost his ship into high speed (without lightspeed) and stop his ship at will. He can do a 180 turn too.
Also, if the fight takes place on a planet Fox can transform his ship into an walking tank, like a metal gear but with lasers'n'shit and I know it can, play Starwings 2 (if you can find it shifty )

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:58 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

...the Arwing doesn't transform into a Land Master.

And it seems to me that no one knows how fast the Arwing is. It has the ability to "jump into lightspeed" just like the Falcon and X-Wings do. The Arwings are by far a greater fighter then any ship in Star Wars. Star Fox was a pilot for many wars and took down dozens of ships.

Fox McCloud > Han Solo

Oh and for the Death Star thing, try playing Star Fox and Star Fox 64 and tell me that the Falcon can make any of those fields that the Arwing went by.

Arwing > X-Wing in all forms

I would like to see the Falcon fly into a Battleship and destroy the core and then moving on to two more before facing down the biggest one.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 10:07 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote