KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Could ANYTHING have stopped Anakin going to the Darkside?

Could ANYTHING have stopped Anakin going to the Darkside?
Started by: amity75

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
amity75

Could ANYTHING have stopped Anakin going to the Darkside?

I suppose if he hadn't met Padme he wouldn't have been conned into turning. Any thoughts?

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 11:40 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
randi_jedi

Well if he hadn't met padme then he proally wouldn't have met QG or OB1. Then he wouldn't have been a jedi at all. Maybe sidious or tyrannus would have found him first and he would have been sith all along?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 11:46 PM
Click here to Send randi_jedi a Private Message Find more posts by randi_jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a long-term psychological issue regarding his habit of attachment.

So a long term solution needed, really. The suggestion is that QGJ could have trained him right.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 6th, 2005 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

Anakin being late to stop Mace from Killing Sidious

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 12:39 AM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

A suicide could have prevented it.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

My foot in his candy ass would have prevented it. I'da beet the Sith (feel free to rearrange the letters) right outta him.

Oh yeah, and Qui Gon.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 01:11 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I believe that 2 things might have stopped his downfall.
1.) If he went with Obi-Wan to kill Grievous
2.) If Obi-Wan stayed and had someone else go kill Grievous

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 01:14 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak

So a long term solution needed, really. The suggestion is that QGJ could have trained him right.

I'm not so sure about that. QCJ was very much like Anakin himself. He defyed the council to do what he thought was right. He's bold and slightly headstrong.

In my opinion, there is a strong possibility that Anakin in fact might have turned out worse if Qui-Gon trained him.

In relating to this thread, however, I believe that winning the fight back on Geonosis against Dooku may have saved him from downfall.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 02:19 AM
Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Ushgarak

exactly yes

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 02:22 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

No, Qui-Gon wouldn't have kept telling Anakin to stick to the strict rules of the Jedi like I'm usre Obi-Wan did. Qui-Gon would have told Anakin to listen to your emotions and embrace them instead of holding them back and hiding them like Obi-Wan did. Qui-Gon had a view that differed from many of the Jedi but Anakin was different too. If Qui-Gon had survived, I think the whole situation would have been different.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 03:22 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ra˙ne
Dark Queen

Maybe if his mommy didn't die.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Ra˙ne a Private Message Find more posts by Ra˙ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

maybe if he had a father

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 03:42 AM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

i think it was due to Anakin tying the knot with Padme - to Palpatine, Padme was Anakin's weakness and he exploited it

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:02 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If the little bastard got shot down above Naboo like he sould've.

I mean really, he was 9 years f*ckin old for God's sake.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:18 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

...and he was guided by the force. Not to mention, he IS the chosen one

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:28 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Maybe if he had a father figure with him all hes life. He was a mommas boy and thats why he had such trouble accepting what was to come and letting go of Padme.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

i seriously think if Qui-Gon was still alive, he would not of failed him

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:41 AM
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Originally posted by Sesse
A suicide could have prevented it.

Originally posted by The Ones
Anakin being late to stop Mace from Killing Sidious

i agree with these two the most

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:46 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sXe
jenr

If he wasnt taken from his mama... uh.. DAA!! lol

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:56 AM
Click here to Send sXe a Private Message Find more posts by sXe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Obi-Wan failed Anakin. He should have been a better teacher. Let's face it, in AOTC, Obi was all over Anakin like a cheap suit, nitpicking on every little thing.

But it was also Sidious who messed up Anakin. He spun his master plan to put he and Padme together, making even Yoda raise his eyebrow. He put them together knowing he could lose her and make him come to the dark side.

But Anakin also lived a lie, he should have been drummed out of the order for marrying Padme, but he wanted to be the most powerful Jedi ever. What he should have done was come clean, shucked his years with the Jedi, wish them well, and gone on to be a father back on Naboo. But his pride kept him living the lie.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 05:16 AM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote