KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » AOTC=rushed

AOTC=rushed
Started by: xyz jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Angry AOTC=rushed

I think that AOTC doesn't really play a part in the story of Anakin because it doesn't show any mager arts of his life that turns him into Vader. The only part that links with OT 'cept the wedding which answers Luke's mother. It could atleast of had some of the clone wars storyline.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 12:23 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Erm. It wasnt rushed. It was just bad. Bad acting (however it is SW), too much reliance on CGI visuals and too much reliance on fan opinion (leaving a general audience bored).

And AotC has more to relevance than TPM!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 12:27 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
Erm. It wasnt rushed. It was just bad. Bad acting (however it is SW), too much reliance on CGI visuals and too much reliance on fan opinion (leaving a general audience bored).

And AotC has more to relevance than TPM!
yeah TPM and ROTS are better than AOTC.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 12:34 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

AOTC had hardly any relation with TPM anyway.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 12:43 PM
exanda kane

No TMP is by far the worst. AotC was better.

My way to measure how good the PT was is by how any times you feel like kicking good ol' George in the testicles...

TPM - A few thousands kciks in the balls for Uncle George.
AoTC - A few hundred kicks.
RotS - 20 or so kicks in the balls.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 02:30 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

My take on AOTC was that it had more to do with the development of the galaxy than Anakin. TPM revealed how Anakin came into the picture, AOTC set up the events that would shape Anakin, and ROTS showed the downfall because of those events.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:18 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

TFM and AotC should have been one film. as a whole, disregarding the handful of cool scenes, they were a waste of time. two warts on the face of the saga.
its taken a long time for me to shed my denial and come to this realisation, but alas i must. ep1 sucked. ep2 sucked harder

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:53 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

hmm. Not in the sense of a good movie. Perhaps AotC was worse for the whole saga but it is a better movie by far in the sense that it's actually watchable unlike Ep1.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:54 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Loved all 3 prequel films myself.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:31 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

TPM was fantastic and AOTC was spectacular. If you're going to complain about bad acting, might as well not watch the entire saga. They did not stink, got it? Movies that stink include "Chronicles of Riddick" and "Doom," those are truly terrible movies.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chinabing
TPM was fantastic and AOTC was spectacular. If you're going to complain about bad acting, might as well not watch the entire saga. They did not stink, got it? Movies that stink include "Chronicles of Riddick" and "Doom," those are truly terrible movies.

nowhere in my post did i say that everyone else should share my views.
its just the way i see it. got it?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 05:28 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by chinabing

sleep Oh hear we go again...

TPM and AOTC were both rubbish films with only small glimmers of what they are supposed to prequel. Complaining? No. I was just saying aloud the realisation that good acting in Star Wars is virtually non-exhistent. But then who would watch Star Wars for the acting anyway?

Lucas' inability to realise that the movie going audiences opinions of CGI were slowly changing caused his over reliance on the damn stuff. This in turn was the reason why TPM sucked. Having real actors that cannot act is better than having CGI actors that cannot act. When over relying on CGI Lucas seemed to neglect the script and narrative of both films, making them some of the most transcendent pieces of crap to ever grace cinemas. However they both seemed to make millions of dollars so I suppose the film does not have to be generally good to make money.

And as for 'Chronicles of Riddick' and 'Doom', I half expect them to be on your 'all-time favourite movies' list if you liked TPM and AOTC...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 05:49 PM
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

It wasn't rushed, actually it seemed rather slow to me, we never got anywhere. I personally love all three prequels, despite bad pacing.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sXe
jenr

.... i luved them all. AOTC is the SW film that got me to love SW.

I liked it all lot better than TPM, bcuz TPM was just boring at the beginning. I da-no, I just couldnt get into the movie the 1st few times i saw it.

The only thing I hate out of Preguels is that damn DIALOG. the dialog KILLED the movies, to me.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 06:22 PM
Click here to Send sXe a Private Message Find more posts by sXe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

This debate is sooooo 2002.

My defense:

ROTS "I won't lose you the way I lost my mother"

What movie is that qoute referring too?

SURVEY SAYS!

AOTC!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 07:38 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

And here we go again, too . . .

Everyone is entitled of course to his or her own views, I never said they weren't. But I'll disagree vehemently when people start talkin' smack about TPM and AOTC. In no way were they awful movies. Awful movies as I have explained before, are such as Riddick and Doom. Sure there are awkward moments in the first two prequels, and clunky dialogue. That doesn't mean they stink. I didn't say they were perfect, I said they don't stink. That is two different things.

The pod race in TPM was the most exciting piece of filmdom that year, besting anything in the GAP-commercial--sorry I mean "The Matrix." Then the final battles in the movie's climax, absolutely thrilling. And plenty of heart in the middle of the film. And AOTC was a more nuanced piece, but that's what it's supposed to do, show Anakin & Padme falling in love. Lucas became under fire for showing Anakin being awkward. Well, duh, the character was supposed to be awkward at love! And again, another spectacular climax, capping off AOTC's rollercoaster ride with the Yoda/Dooku battle. Just thrilling.

I don't know why people hate them so much, they must love hating things more just because it's easy to be cynical. I'm willing to take the good with the bad, and the good far outweighs the bad in TPM and AOTC.

Last edited by chinabing on Nov 19th, 2005 at 07:56 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 07:53 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Hmm. I think you are misunderstanding me here.

These films are bad. That is a fact. you can like them or dislike them as much as you like but nothing can beat the fact that Lucas wasted 6 or so years on both.

The Pod-racing scene is far from exhilarating. In fact when you see the little verson of Vader, scourge of the Jedi Order, in a race of which his future wife and two Jedi depend on him winning, you can expect him to win. Thus creating a tiresome scene that drags on and on in a formula spread too thinely in cinema already.

I have no problem with Anakin and Padme falling in love - but seriously it could have been orchestrated much better than this clunky attempt.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:08 PM
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

I must agree with chinabing, the prequels are in no way bad movies. They just have some not so good parts.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:11 PM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Then we have lost you to the ways of bad taste...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:15 PM
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

I am not saying that they are better than the OT, they don't even come close.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:18 PM