KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » XBOX Live Arcade

XBOX Live Arcade
Started by: Ast

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

XBOX Live Arcade

Who else has downloaded XBLA games?

I have Hexic(came with console), Geometry Wars(fvckin awesome), Spades(Dad plays it), and Marble Blast.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 01:48 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

I wish I could download those games, but I don't have a 360..... yet.

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 02:21 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Hmmm wonder why....

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 11:50 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

the idea of playing 8-bit games on a next gen console just doesnt make sense to me.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 07:30 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

8 bit? Have you even looked at the games? stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 11:05 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PVS
the idea of playing 8-bit games on a next gen console just doesnt make sense to me.

Dude, the graphics of these Arcade games are great, and challenging to.

They are fun to have when you are bored, but don't feel like playing one of your discs.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 11:16 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ast
8 bit? Have you even looked at the games? stick out tongue

so i exagerate....16 bit. happy? stick out tongue

Originally posted by KENobi™

They are fun to have when you are bored, but don't feel like playing one of your discs.

does this do credit for the arcade games or only stress the ridculous lack of any good games for the 360 at the moment. all i like at the moment is call of duty 2, but i already beat it on veteran and they really screwed up the multiplayer option.

but alas, fight night 3 arrives in the mail tomorrow and soon after ghost recon and then soon blazing angels. hopefully i will be saturated in hi-res gaming goodness to even think about downloading arcade games.

btw, i played the geometry wars trial version and i really didnt like it. even back in the 80s i sucked at that type of game. pacman, donkey kong, space invaders, centipede...i sucked at them all. something about those games where i can never get in "the zone".

Last edited by PVS on Feb 21st, 2006 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 12:53 AM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by KENobi™

thumb up

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 08:58 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

And every game is XBL compatible with either leaderboards or full on multiplayer. big grin

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 10:23 PM
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by PVS
so i exagerate....16 bit. happy? stick out tongue

I'd have to say it's that or 32 confused

Marble blast is 32 embarrasment

Old Post May 17th, 2006 01:19 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Nah, the other games has to be greater than 32, isnt GBA 32?

Geometry wars is the shit ! rock

Old Post May 17th, 2006 05:37 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by IcePunk
Nah, the other games has to be greater than 32, isnt GBA 32?

Geometry wars is the shit ! rock

Geometry Wars has to be over 32 bit. The animation is so smooth.

Old Post May 17th, 2006 06:09 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Anyone else download Uno? Uno rocks. cool

Old Post May 17th, 2006 07:00 AM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Geometry Wars has to be over 32 bit. The animation is so smooth.
Exactly

Old Post May 17th, 2006 05:33 PM
an_old_wonderer

well lets see. are you talking about bit as in the processor type or the video memory? cause if it's processor, i doubt some are 64...but if you mean video, yeah im sure a few are 64

Old Post May 17th, 2006 09:28 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Wonder why this thread isn't more active...

Anyway anyone got any good recommendations for the Arcade?

I just downloaded a few Trial Games, and then one I liked the most is the Switchball, it's pretty much a 3D version of the game where you try to balance a ball through a maze, however when you zoom all the way in you can really notice the attention to details, plus the physics seems pretty great.

I've not bought any Arcade games yet, only tested trials, but this one and Prince of Persia are definitely on my top "should buy some day", as well as Geometry Wars.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:45 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I havent downloaded an arcade games in a long time. I want to see some more classics released, id kill for Perfect Dark with Live multiplayer. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:55 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Marble blast ultra
3D Ultra Minigolf
Frogger
Doom
Hexic HD (because it comes with the console.)

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:56 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I've only DL'ed Doom, TMMT and Worms.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 07:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by @st
I havent downloaded an arcade games in a long time. I want to see some more classics released, id kill for Perfect Dark with Live multiplayer. stick out tongue

That'd be awesome.

I haven't downloaded anything yet, I probably will this weekend though...I know I want Hexic, Prince of Persia, and Puzzle Quest (even though I own it for the DS already, I just can't play that game enough).

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 07:54 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote